Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

JUMP, RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL&LOVE COMES WALKING IN
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

is everyone still 100 percent after the power of a 5.1 in New York today. Also is everyone property 100 percent functional after the evil earhtquake indeed!

"WE ARE EVIL....INDEED" KAINETI

"YOU BETTER RECONINIZE" D'LO BROWN [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

What the hell are you talking about? Was there really an earthquake today??
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yep. felt it a bit in the city here.

now that is like 4th in our state in a year.
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I must have slept through it

Dammit, I ALWAYS miss the earthquakes here

Test5150
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ortheast_quake

Quake Felt From Maine to Maryland
    Sat Apr 20, 3:10 PM ET
    By KRISTA LARSON, Associated Press Writer

AU SABLE FORKS, N.Y. (AP) - An earthquake (news - web sites) that registered 5.1 on the Richter scale shook the Northeast awake early Saturday, collapsing roads in New York and rattling homes from Maine to Maryland. No injuries were immediately reported.

Photos

AP Photo

The quake, centered 15 miles southwest of Plattsburgh, N.Y., left cracks in foundations and chimneys throughout the region, said Ray Thatcher, director of emergency services for Essex County.

"It was shaking pretty good," said Jimmy Mussaw, who said he was standing in a Plattsburgh supermarket just before 7 a.m. when the walls and beams begin to shake. "Everybody was running from the back of the store to the front."

Essex and Clinton counties, near the Vermont and Canada borders, declared states of emergency, and state inspectors were set to the Adirondack region to examine bridges and dams for structural damage. No restrictions were placed on travel, but police were urging drivers to use caution.

William Ott, a seismologist at Weston Observatory at Boston College, said the quake had a magnitude of 5.1, and at least two aftershocks were reported.

He called the earthquake "moderate." A typical magnitude 5.1 earthquake would cause cracked plaster, broken windows and minor structural damage around the epicenter, he said.

The quake broke off a 100-foot section from one road in Ausable, said David Fessette, highway construction supervisor for Clinton County. A crew was filling the area in with limestone Saturday afternoon. Parts of at least two other roads collapsed, and there were several water main breaks in the area.

At Adirondack Mountain Spirits in Ausable, the earthquake rattled liquor bottles off the shelves.

"It was just a mess," said owner Dayle Richards. "Even if they didn't break, they were covered with other debris."

The largest earthquake recorded in New York, according to the USGS (news - web sites), was a 5.8 magnitude quake in 1944 that was centered in Massena, about 3 miles from the Canadian border.

Won Young Kim, a seismologist with the Columbia University's Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory, said a magnitude 3.5 quake occurred in the same area on the same day, April 20, two years ago.

"Northern New York is an active area, but most of the earthquakes (news - web sites) that occur in the area are smaller," said Frank Revetta, a professor of geology at State University of New York at Potsdam. "Normally you'd got one this big just every 100 years or so.

"During the last two or three years, there haven't been many at all, and I wondered if that meant anything. This might prove the strained energy had not been released, and now it has been."

By several accounts, the shaking lasted about 30 seconds.

Amanda Slattery, of Yorktown Heights just north of New York City, said she was in bed when the temblor struck.

"I could hear the frame of the house shaking," Slattery said. "I lay there long enough to realize it was an earthquake. ... I was relieved when it stop."

Tremors also were felt in Canada, as far east as Boston and Portland, Maine, and as far south as Baltimore.

Carol McDonald of Downingtown, Pa., about 40 northwest of Philadelphia, said she woke up to find the windows of her home rattling. She and her husband grabbed their baby and waited out the tremors.

"I'm from California and (said), 'This feels like an earthquake.' I didn't think we got those out here," she said.

___

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Hope all the right coasters are o.k. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

BTW, Hulka...5.1 ain't massive...That's a yawn and a stretch out here in California...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Test5150
    Originally posted by SactoFan:
    BTW, Hulka...5.1 ain't massive...That's a yawn and a stretch out here in California...
    No shit, I was thinking the same thing.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It was a yawn here too. Things shook a bit for about 20 seconds, but there was nothing massive about it.