Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Aides: Bush Knew of Hijacking Threat Before Sept 11
    Updated 9:04 PM ET May 15, 2002

By Adam Entous

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In the months before the Sept. 11 attacks, the Bush administration received intelligence that Osama bin Laden could be plotting to hijack U.S. aircraft, prompting it to put security agencies on alert, the White House said on Wednesday.

``The information the president got dealt with hijackings in the traditional sense, not suicide bombers, not using planes as missiles,'' White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said of the intelligence, which was presented to President Bush last summer.

Fleischer said the information prompted the administration to put domestic law enforcement agencies on alert, though it was not announced publicly.

``The administration, based on hijackings, notified the appropriate agencies and, I think, that's one of the reasons that you saw that the people who committed the 9/11 attacks used box cutters and plastic knives to get around America's system of protecting against hijackings,'' Fleischer said.

The disclosure followed reports that an FBI agent urged the bureau to investigate Middle Eastern men enrolled in U.S. flight schools several months before Sept. 11, even naming bin Laden, who Washington later accused of masterminding the attacks.

When four hijacked airliners plowed into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania on Sept. 11, Middle Eastern men trained at U.S. flight schools were at the controls. The attacks killed more than 3,000 people and destroyed the World Trade Center.

Fleischer said Bush had been given general information about the threat of hijackings by bin Laden. ``That was information that has been known and the president was informed of it,'' he said.

But Fleischer would not discuss specific information Bush received during his daily intelligence briefings. ``We don't discuss the president's morning briefings as a matter of policy,'' Fleischer said.

``I will say that there has been long-standing speculation, which was shared with the president, about the potential of hijackings in the traditional sense ... I've also indicated that we've had threatens involving bin Laden around the world, and including in the United States,'' Fleischer said.

Now isn't that interesting....

Just like the "shocking" admission of the existence of the shadow government a few months back (when its existence has been long known by those of us who do our homework), this half assed confession just isn't gonna cut it.

I'll wait for the other shoe to drop.

Who's "watching what they say" now, Ari?
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Would you have rather that they shut down commercial flights for an indefinate time upon receiving a threat? Or publicly announce that there's a threat of hijacking?

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by MikeL:
    Would you have rather that they shut down commercial flights for an indefinate time upon receiving a threat? Or publicly announce that there's a threat of hijacking?
    You're asking the wrong guy, Mike. Why don't you call up Bush Jr's good friend (and election fraud partner) Ted Olson and ask him?

I can guess what his answer might be.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by FORD:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeL:
    You're asking the wrong guy, Mike. Why don't you call up Bush Jr's good friend (and election fraud partner) Ted Olson and ask him?

</font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 984 Times in 396 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeL:

</font>[/QUOTE]he's asking you a question and you're ducking it man, answer it

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

As usual, FORD and his paranoia getting in the way of common sense...

Who HASN'T known Bin Laden was dangerous since 1998?

Who DIDN'T know that planes could be hijacked?

Terrorism against the West, and the U.S. in particular, isn't a new threat, FORD...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

FORD won't give me a straight answer because he's one of the back-biting hindsight jockies who never see the problem coming, but provide all the woulda-shoulda-coulda post facto. His only purpose with this is to take an unwarranted dig at the people who actually have to make and live with difficult choices.

FORD, correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you severly criticised Ashcroft (and we all know you'll be witty and call him Asscrotch) and the administration for issuing all of those terrorist warnings after 9-11?

FORD's a cowardly scum who bitches and moans but has never once done anything for his country or society. He takes for granted every single thing that has been provided for him, and turns right around to try discrediting those who provide his security and freedom.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by MikeL:

FORD's a cowardly scum who bitches and moans but has never once done anything for his country or society. He takes for granted every single thing that has been provided for him, and turns right around to try discrediting those who provide his security and freedom.
    It's really sad isn't it. I've often wondered if he actually owns an American flag. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

3 times.

3 times.

3 FUCKIN' TIMES the Sudanese offered up OBL to the Clinton Administration and they did nothing. Why? Because they didn't wanna upset all the other dirty goat-fuckers in the Middle East. Think about that FORD while you're eating your twinkie and jackin' off to your picture of "Pappa Joe."
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

So they knew that they could have hijacked airplanes. Does that mean they know when that could happen, or where?

The US has surveilence over the entire world when it comes to threats. But what did you expect? You expect them to announce it to the entire country and make everyone paranoid? That's exactly what the slowing economy needed. A terrorist threat to keep people out of the air.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

inside job

cia want more attacks - that way bush has legitimate reason to attack iraq

honestly think that what you see in world politics - is how it really is ?

corruption is the one common denominator in society and politics is at the very bottom of the barrel...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by edwardocatflappo:
    inside job

corruption is the one common denominator in society and politics is at the very bottom of the barrel...
    Dude, don't forget to wear your tinfoil hat to bed tonight...This is possibly the DUMBEST post I've ever read here...aside from FORD'S usual menu of paranoia and unsubstantiated idiocy...

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

A whole new breed coming out of the UK. Maybe his parents had a madcow dinner before the conception of Flappo. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

[ May 15, 2002 at 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Pabs ]</p>
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

reallY...?

you guys are SO gullible..put up the flag and you throw yourself in front of the bullets..

look back at recent world history - think it all happened by CHANCE..?

david icke has some good theories ..amongst the drivel..

world order..ok its a joke..or is it ?

freemasons are just the tip of the iceberg !!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 984 Times in 396 Posts

Originally posted by edwardocatflappo:
    inside job

hey shut up u fuck and don't ever come to this country unless u have something good to say

JMJ

[ May 15, 2002 at 11:33 PM: Message edited by: JMJ ]</p>
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw