Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - Pearl Jam Announces Full Track List For 'Riot Act'
    09/13/2002

(9/13/02, 4 p.m. ET) -- Pearl Jam has released the tracklist for its new album, Riot Act, which is due November 12. The album includes the single "I Am Mine," but the B-side to the single, "Down," isn't on the collection. It was produced by Adam Kasper and mixed by longtime Pearl Jam collaborator Brendan O'Brien.

Riot Act tracks include: "Can't Keep," "Save You," "Love Boat Captain," "Cropduster," "Ghost," "I Am Mine," "Thumbing My Way," "You Are," "Get Right," "Green Disease," "helphelp," "Bushleaguer," "1/2 Full," "Arc," "All Or None."

"I Am Mine," is set to hit radio nationwide on September 18, and it will arrive in stores on October 8.

-- Darren Davis, New York

"I Am Mine," the first single from Pearl Jam's upcoming album "Riot Act," is being previewed online beginning today (Sept. 13) via AOL's First Listen (keyword: First Listen) program and Netscape Music. The track, which AOL has exclusively for three days, goes to U.S. radio outlets Wednesday for airplay consideration and will be released Oct. 8 as a commercial single. "Riot Act" arrives Nov. 12 via Epic.

The group has also confirmed the full track list for the set, which, at 15 tracks, ranks as Pearl Jam's longest album to date. A handful of the songs, such as opener "Can't Keep" and "Thumbing My Way," were premiered earlier this year by frontman Eddie Vedder during solo concerts in California. The folk-tinged "I Am Mine," which is musically reminiscent of such prior favorites as "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town" and "Better Man," was debuted by the full band at last year's Bridge School Benefit concert.

The new set was produced by Pearl Jam with Adam Kasper and mixed by frequent collaborator Brendan O'Brien. The group is expected to return to the live stage with a few shows later this year, before launching a world tour in early 2003.

Here is the tracklist for "Riot Act":

"Can't Keep"
    "Save You"
    "Love Boat Captain"
    "Cropduster"
    "Ghost"
    "I Am Mine"
    "Thumbing My Way"
    "You Are"
    "Get Right"
    "Green Disease"
    "helphelp"
    "Bushleaguer"
    "1/2 Full"
    "Arc"
    "All or None"

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

[ September 18, 2002, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - Vince Neil Sued For $1 Million Over Alleged Assault
    09/14/2002

(9/14/02, 10 a.m. ET) -- Motley Crue singer Vince Neil is being sued for $1 million by a Los Angeles record producer over an alleged violent altercation that took place on April 28.

The lawsuit, filed on September 12 in Los Angeles Superior Court by Michael Schuman, accuses the 41-year old rock singer of battery, intentional infliction of emotional damage, and negligence.

Also named in the suit is Mario Maglieri, owner of the Rainbow Bar & Grill on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood, California, where the incident took place.

The lawsuit states that Schuman was exiting his vehicle in front of the restaurant when he was "violently and brutally" attacked without provocation by Neil, fell and fractured his elbow. Schuman also claims he was struck with a fist or an object, causing injury to his head.

In addition, the lawsuit holds the Rainbow responsible as well, claiming the establishment failed to exercise proper security and was aware of Neil's "propensity for violence."

Schuman is seeking punitive damages in excess of $1 million, plus interest, along with attorney's fees, lawsuit filing fees, and additional or further relief as determined by the court.

Neil was charged on August 7 by West Hollywood's district attorney's office with misdemeanor battery for the alleged incident.

-- Darryl Morden, Los Angeles

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

'BLACK SABBATH Story' Videos To Be Released On DVD - Sep. 15, 2002

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

TWO 'BLACK SABBATH STORY' HOME VIDEOS TO BE RELEASED ON DVD AND VHS BY SANCTUARY ON SEPTEMBER 24, 2002

BLACK SABBATH pioneered true heavy metal, and a fascinating look into the British band's turbulent history is covered on two individual DVD and VHS releases, The Black Sabbath Story: Volume One and The Black Sabbath Story: Volume Two, coming from Sanctuary Records on September 24, 2002. Each DVD and VHS is sold separately.

Each volume includes rare concert and television footage, music videos, in-depth interviews and much more. These titles are being released on DVD for the first time, and they include extras not present on the original VHS versions. They have been reformatted for DVD in the 16:9 letterbox ratio, and the audio has been remastered for both Dolby Digital 5.1 and stereo sound. Bonus features on both titles include animated menus, an album gallery and band history.

The Black Sabbath Story: Volume One covers 1970 to 1978, when the original lineup of vocalist Ozzy Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi, bass guitarist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward turned rock music upside down with its blistering originality. Albums like Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality and Volume 4 are still cited as metal milestones 30 years after their release by successive generations of rock fans. Osbourne, Iommi, Butler and Ward addressed the bleaker sides of life in their songs, and did so on a volcanic musical foundation.

This 85-minute DVD includes 10 songs: "N.I.B." , "Paranoid", "War Pigs", "Children of the Grave", "Snowblind", "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath", "Symptom of the Universe", "It's Alright", "Rock 'N Roll Doctor" and "Never Say Die". One special feature is an in-depth interview with BLACK SABBATH's original manager, Jim Simpson, who describes the band's development.

The Black Sabbath Story: Volume Two picks up in 1978 prior to Osbourne's departure and traces the strange periods of all-star, revolving-door lineups up through 1992 during which Iommi was often the only remaining original member. After Osbourne left, he was replaced by RAINBOW vocalist Ronnie James Dio for a brief, turbulent but artistically rewarding period which yielded 1980's brilliant Heaven and Hell. Other vocalists included DEEP PURPLE's Ian Gillan and Glenn Hughes, and Tony Martin. Short-lived drummers included Vinny Appice, ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA's Bev Bevan, the late Cozy Powell and future KISS member Eric Singer. The DVD ends with the reunion of Dio, Iommi, Butler and Appice for 1992's Dehumanizer.

The 10 songs on the 72-minute second volume are: "Hard Road", "Die Young", "Neon Knights", "Trashed", "Zero the Hero", "No Stranger to Love", "The Shining", "Headless Cross", "Feels Good to Me" and "TV Crimes". A bonus interview with BLACK SABBATH expert Hugh Gilmour is part of this DVD.

The Black Sabbath Story: Volume One and The Black Sabbath Story: Volume Two are valuable historical documents that chronicle the career of one of the most innovative rock bands in history.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist Confirms Collaboration With DUFF MCKAGAN, MATT SORUM - Sep. 14, 2002

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash has confirmed to Rolling Stone that he is collaborating with ex-GN'R bandmates Duff McKagan (bass) and Matt Sorum (drums) on an album that is tentatively due to be released in 2003.

"I'm doing a fucking record with me, Duff and Matt Sorum," Slash told the magazine at last weekend's San Diego Street Scene festival, where he was on hand to pay tribute to Jimi Hendrix. "Dave Pusher is playing guitar right now, and we got the baddest fucking, be-all, end-all rock & roll band."

The as-yet-unnamed band ("If I had a name, I'd tell you," Slash said) is now in the process of looking for just the right vocalist to fill out the ensemble. "There are no rock & roll singers out there right now, and you know it as well as I do, except for the guys who have been around a long time," he said. "As far as new bands, there's not one. If I knew one, I probably would've stolen him by now.

"When Billy Idol goes ballistic, that's the kind of singer I want all the time," Slash continued. "There's nobody I've listened to since before GUNS came out or anytime in the Eighties who's been like that, except for Billy. He's one guy who when he belts it out would be good at it."

With regards to his plans for the new group, Slash said: "I want to be the guy who spearheads the next rock & roll movement. I've done it before, so I want to do it again."

In the meantime, Slash is happy spending time as a new dad. "[Wife Perla and I] just had a baby ten days ago," he stated proudly. "His name's London, nine pounds, four ounces. He's only ten days old, but he's got a cool personality. This is the first time I've been away from home since he was born, so I've called home like six times. And as soon as the gig is done, I'm going home."

Rock 'n' roll singers interested in auditioning for Slash, Duff and Matt's new band are encouraged to send their demo and other pertinent info to:

Slash
    c/o 13636 Ventura Blvd # 434
    Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

MÖTLEY CRÜE's NIKKI SIXX: 'I'm Just A Cockstar' - Sep. 14, 2002

MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has posted the following update via the group's official web site:

"[MÖTLEY CRÜE guitarist Mick] Mars called today. I told him my new band [which features Sixx, L.A. GUNS axeman Tracii Guns, ADEMA drummer Kris Kohl, L.A. GUNS bassist Adam Hamilton on guitar, and vocalist London—ed.] starts rehearsals on Monday and he was so jazzed. He told me to come pick up any amps or guitars or anything we need.

"He asked 'What's the band called?' and I told him **COCKSTAR**. He just cracked up. And said 'Perfect.'

"I was telling [ex-MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer] Tommy [Lee] how easy it is working with these new guys and he said he felt the same when he started his band. As much as I love CRÜE, there is something exciting about not knowing what other people are gonna play or say. i imagine after this nice break from MÖTLEY, it will feel new again for us. I'm sure. I do look forward to doing one big-ass tour with my brothers.... but for now... I'm just a cockstar."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

QUEENSRŸCHE Frontman To Sing National Anthem - Sep. 14, 2002

QUEENSRŸCHE frontman GEOFF TATE will be singing the national anthem at the Seahawks game on Sunday, September 15th in Seattle, Washington. The game, versus Arizona, will be televised locally on Fox and nationwide on DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket. Kickoff is at 1:00 PM PT.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

BRETT RATNER CONFIRMED FOR SUPERMAN!! - Updated!
    Saturday, September 14, 2002 11:03 CDT

WWW.SUPERHEROHYPE.COM

We just got a call from Latino Review who are in New York covering the "Red Dragon" junket. They specifically asked director Brett Ratner what his next project was and guess what, he CONFIRMED that he's doing Superman! Ratner said that J.J. Abrams delivered a "F**cking Amazing" script...

Since Anthony Hopkins starred in "Red Dragon," he was also in attendance and they got a chance to ask him about yesterday's rumor that he was attached to play Superman's father Jor-El. Ratner said he definitely wants Hopkins to play the role, and Hopkins even did an impersonation of Marlon Brando!

They also overhead another conversation with Brett Ratner in which he debunked the rumor that Keanu Reeves was playing the Man of Steel. So, it looks like the Sky Movies report was right on - look for Brett Ratner directing, Anthony Hopkins starring as the dad, and possibly an unknown in the lead role.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Actor Steve Bacic is playing Dr. Henry "Hank" McCoy, a.k.a. The Beast, in X-Men 2.

The charismatic actor has appeared in a number of TV shows and feature films including The 6th Day, Stargate SG-1, The X-Files and Earth: Final Conflict, but perhaps he's best known for his ongoing role as Gaheris Rhade in Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. Rhade served as the Andromeda's second-in-command and best friend to Kevin Sorbo's character until he betrayed his friendship and attemped to take over the ship in the pilot episode. Since then the character has re-appeared numerous times in flashbacks; Bacic has even played one of the descendants of the character in another episode. Bacic will also appear this month in Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever.

Just like Gambit's brief cameo in the film, the Beast also won't be on-screen too long.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Dwight Yoakam Joining Two Cops?
    Sunday, September 15, 2002 5:06 CDT

He was great as the bad guy in Panic Room, now 'Rebecca' has this interesting bit on the next role country singer Dwight Yoakam may be taking...

I understand that country singer Dwight Yoakam (Sling Blade, Panic Room) has been signed to play the main bad cop in the upcoming Harrison Ford movie, "Two Cops." My source tells me that Yoakam will be playing the part of the head of security for gangster rapper, Isaiah Washington. Yoakam even canceled the end of his tour this summer in order to take the role. I have nothing concrete to confirm this (other than the tour being canceled, and a remark made publicly by Yoakam regarding his role), but perhaps there is some source out there that will be able to.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' To Be Released In December? - Sep. 16, 2002

GUNS N' ROSES are rumored to have set December 10th (December 9th in Europe) as the release date of their long-awaited new album, Chinese Democracy, through Interscope/Geffen Records.

If the unconfirmed reports are to be believed, the album's first single, "Catcher In The Rye", is scheduled to surface on November 25th with an accompanying video to be filmed in the next four weeks prior to the start of the band's U.S. tour, which is said to have a late October kick-off date.

Chinese Democracy will reportedly contain 18 tracks, including three of the four new songs aired during the band's recent live performances — "Madagascar", "Chinese Democracy" and "The Blues". The latter cut is also said to have been tentatively tapped as the album's second single, to be released sometime in early 2003.

Among the tracks reportedly set for inclusion on Chinese Democracy are the following:

01. Catcher In The Rye
    02. This I Love
    03. I.R.S.
    04. Oklahoma
    05. There Was A Time
    06. Prostitute
    07. Madagascar
    08. Chinese Democracy
    09. The Blues

A full track listing for Chinese Democracy is reportedly not yet available. However, it is believed that the song "Rhiad And The Bedouins" — which was performed during some of the band's recent European dates — will not appear on the final CD.

As previously mentioned, plans exist for a 10-track bonus CD to be included with the main album. GUNS N' ROSES' follow-up release, which has already been fully recorded, is expected to surface in early-to-mid 2004.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

DOKKEN Split With Drummer Following Punch-Up - Sep. 16, 2002

DOKKEN have reportedly parted ways with drummer Mick Brown following an alleged physical altercation between Brown and frontman Don Dokken several days prior to the completion of the band's Rock Fest 2002 tour. As a result, the group performed a show in Tucson, Arizona with L.A. GUNS bassist Adam Hamilton filling in on drums while the tour's projected final date in Los Angeles was cancelled altogether. No official announcement has yet been made regarding DOKKEN's or Mick Brown's future plans.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

QUEENSRŸCHE Drummer Completes Work On Solo Debut - Sep. 16, 2002

QUEENSRŸCHE drummer Scott Rockenfield is currently taking orders for his long-awaited solo debut, The X Chapters, via his official web site at this location.

The full track listing for the album is as follows:

01. Opening Credits
    02. Survival Instincts
    03. The Animal Within
    04. September
    05. Theatre of the Mind
    06. An Expected Visitor
    07. Magnetic
    08. A Gift From Afar
    09. Aftermath
    10. Theatre of the Mind - Reprise

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

GUNS N' ROSES' AXL ROSE: Still Rocking In 2014 - Sep. 15, 2002

Ever wondered what GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose might look and sound like in the year 2014? This satirical video clip aims to provide the answer.

(Thanks: SONAR Productions)

Click here

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY Film Detroit Show For Upcoming DVD - Sep. 16, 2002

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY filmed their performance at the Harpos concert theater in Detroit, Michigan on Saturday, September 14th for an eventual DVD release.

Harpos had previously been utilized by CORROSION OF CONFORMITY as the recording site for their Live Volume CD/DVD in 2001.