Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That kid with the Little League World Series 'perfect game' suffers from one imperfection: HE CHEATED! He's 14 years old!!!

I recall Little League well. In my town, you had to be from 11-12 to play, with the birthday limit being August 1st. I was already a young one for the league because I was born in July (you fellow LL'ers know the drill there). To top it off, in the league prior (age 9-10), I was brought UP, like a minor league player into the pros of sorts, to play my second year there with the Little League, first to fill in for lost players. Eventually, I made the All-Star team for Little League before I was officially 'in' the league. I was 9 years old (remember that July birthday) for the bulk of the All-Star season, and was 10 for the very tail end of it.

Now, this kid comes into the country with TWO birth certificates, and is playing in the tourney at age 14!! That's 4-5 years older than I was playing at the same level, and 2-3 years older than the majority of players he's playing with.

That is just fucking WRONG. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I have seen that manuever get pulled on high school football teams, where a few 20 year olds managed to slip through the cracks (one of which I knew-he drove a car in pony league, age 13-14...the scholastic league committee waited til AFTER the school year to address the problem)

The things parents will do to make their kids 'stars' is pathetic. The Bronx team may lose their charter, which I think is fair. I also think that the father of the kid, who was the force behind the cover-up, should face a few charges.

I caught one of the kid's games on TV, and I said within seconds of seeing him "there is NO WAY that the kid is 12 years old", and that was before any suspicion had leaked. Pathetic stuff...now even the all-American boyhood pasttime is tainted.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I played a few games at 15 on the pony team. Yeah I was illegal, but my Dad was the coach, and after winning the title the 5 years prior, I still was hungry. So a few scoreless innings on the mound, followed by a homer....ah it felt good. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah we know it's wrong, we don't need someone else to tell us that cheating is wrong. The kid's parents lied, he hasn't been to school in years, is here illegally apparently and makes us NYers look bad. It's a disgrace.

Besides, since the kid is 14 it detracts 100% from what he did on the field. When I was 14 I was pitching on a major league mound (senior league.) I probably threw harder than he did and I was in school and COULD read.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I was fooled by this kid at the start.

not only is he 14, he's not attending school, AAAAANd his VISA has expired!!!!!

PLUS his own team was interviewed today and they were pissed at him!!!

what kind of an idiot parent would do this to their kid??
    Eat Us and Smile!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Solution: DEPORTATION, with NO chance of the parents OR the kid from ever touching American soil again.

And TimPabs...the difference between a few months of 15 vs 14 is QUITE different than 14 vs 11/12. The physical development difference is HUGE for a kid like that; you were simply sneaking around, and I don't think you were representing a town, state, or country on international TV at the time, so I think people owuld let your transgression slide.

And as for those who think the kid is an innocent victim here, too bad. He knows how old he is. People think he's some superplayer, which he is not. 70 mph is no feat for a 14 year old on a mound; I was throwing 70 at age 9 on a flat surface. What gets me is why they now allow curve balls in Little League; it USED to be illegal because of the damage it can cause to one's arm.

I repeat: DEPORT THE SLIMEBALLS...NOW!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Deport them? Oh but Abe I figured you'd be the first to say America is a free country and give a bunch of other intellectual details that would support such an answer. When I initially replied I was gonna say to deport their asses and kick them the hell outta here too but I figured I'd be called a biggot, a racist and a an elitist.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you but it's kinda harsh to post such strong opinions. Isn't it? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:
    Deport them? Oh but Abe I figured you'd be the first to say America is a free country and give a bunch of other intellectual details that would support such an answer. When I initially replied I was gonna say to deport their asses and kick them the hell outta here too but I figured I'd be called a biggot, a racist and a an elitist.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you but it's kinda harsh to post such strong opinions. Isn't it? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'm sure many will read my response and call me an elitist, or a racist, whatever. And frankly, I don't give a fuck what people think in this case. My 'childhood' revolved around my old man's desire to develop the 'Tiger Woods' of baseball; things kinda turned on those hopes as a result of illness. However, during that whole time, I was all too aware of the politics involved in sports.

To see some FOREIGNER, supposedly incapable of speaking English, bring his uneducated kid into America to take advantage of the system (as well as a long-standing American institution and tradition) based on lies and falsified documents speaks pretty well for itself. Had an American citizen pulled the same thing, I would be satisfied with the actions that are being taken as is (criminal charged, erasure of the team's record, etc). But since this was done by people with no right to be here, I say they just blew their chance at staying here.

America IS a free country, but I don't believe in extending that freedom to people who have no legal right to be here, let alone pull a stunt like that. To say 'deport' does not seem extreme; now, had I said "hang them" then I would call THAT harsh. Not unreasonable, just harsh. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Since you obviously played as a kid, I'm sure you're aware of all the good things that can come out of baseball for kids, even if you didn't know it at the time. To see the people of this country wish to make this kid a HERO was bad enough; that key to the city thing was going overboard. And consider what it means to the kids on some of these international teams-for some, it's the ONLY thing they have to do (playing baseball). To have all that shit upon by a conniving family makes me want to puke. :vomit:

So for me, this is more an emotional subject than damn near anything else. It hits WAY close to home, since baseball was a major destructive force in my childhood (and as such, it affects everything after). And it kills me to see something so negative happen to MILLIONS of Little Leaguers out there. It's supposed to be a game, and I would prefer to keep it that way, since I know what the effects are of removing the 'just a game' status from baseball. When ONE kid has to deal with baseball abuse, it's a shame. But when the whole SYSTEM has it thrust upon them, it becomes a much larger issue.

So, I will be the first to jump the gun here and go 'overboard' on this subject, and do so without minced words. There's no jabbing involved; no room for any misinterpretation of how I feel and what I mean. No sarcasm, just pure vitriol. The issue is not one of accidents, mishaps, or misfortune; it's MALICE. And malice should be dealt with accordingly.

Deport the fuckers. Immediately.

[ August 31, 2001 at 07:54 PM: Message edited by: AbeVanHalen ]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree. It seems as though our past experiences with baseball are quite similar. My childhood was along the same lines. My father's only concern was to make sure I knew the game inside and out, hit 100 pitches a day from both sides of the plate (like mantle), and spent the majority of my time practing so I could become a dominant force in our area. It worked for a while, I dominated up until about 15 years old when my ability fell short and in 10th grade didn't make the varsity team as expected. A lot of shit happened within a year and I never even tried out for varsity in 11th grade despite coaches calling my house etc. and I quit baseball for good. This summer was actually the first time I watched a baseball game on television willingly since 1995. It was a cathartic experience being that there has been enough time passed and water under the bridge that I can detach the sport from my past and watch to have fun. I even went so several Red Sox and Yankee games this summer and had a great time just taking in the whole thing as an entertaining activity. You're right, it's just a game and should be treated as such. These people have overstepped their boundaries and should be made to pay the price.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Dan's pappy is a lying sack of horseshit. Same goes for his momma, and that prick Rolando Paulino. Scumbags, one and all.

Rolando Paulino has pulled these stunts before. Two of his teams were disciplined for violations. In 1998, his nine 9 and 10 year old team had to forfeit a game after it was learned that an overage boy played in a sectional tournament game. Shocker, eh? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] And his 11 and 12 year old team was kicked out of the 1998 district tournament because a kid who didn't even live in the district was playing. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

As for Danny's parents, what a nice way to pimp their offspring. And what priorities! Stay in the USA illegally, lie about the kid's age so he can play baseball and mow down younger kids to appear better than he is; but worst of all, have him ditch school - For 18 months. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Turd-nibblers, indeed. They've given Little League Baseball, not to mention my beloved Bronx, a black eye...

I'm all for deporting Danny and pops, since they shouldn't be here, anyway. Just to be crystal clear, when I say "they shouldn't be here" I mean that their visas expired back in December of 2000.

They're obviously not too high on following rules, and we've got enough assholes that have been born and bred here like that. No need for illegals to join in the depravity. They've forfeited the right to become Americans, in my opinion.

Thankfully, Rolando Paulino has been banned for life from having anything to do with Little League Baseball and Almonte's records have been erased from the books. I feel bad for the rest of the kids on the team. What a shame. Childhoods are short enough, these days...
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I find this a hilarious topic. I just don't have such srong feelings as you do. I like to make jokes about it, but I am not out raged. To me it's just a game, if they cheated strip their titles, but I never played little league.
    "There's a time and place for everything- for everyone."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Agreed wholeheartedly DIF.
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing