Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Israel won't talk peace until the suicide bombings stop. The Palestinians don't have the military power to remove the Israelis from their land so the resort to suicide bombings.

I see both of their points.

I'm no fan of terrorism of any kind, but you do have to see the Palestinian side of the story. Their land has been occupied by Israel since the six-day war in 1967. They don't have the military to take it back and they've lost hope of getting it back peacefully. What are they to do? This is what happens when people lose hope.

I can also understand the Israeli governments desire to protect itself against terrorism. There's no guarantee that if they go back to their original borders that the suicide bombings would stop.

This is a tough, tough issue. Any thoughts?

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by dj88:

I'm no fan of terrorism of any kind, but you do have to see the Palestinian side of the story. Their land has been occupied by Israel since the six-day war in 1967. They don't have the military to take it back and they've lost hope of getting it back peacefully. What are they to do? This is what happens when people lose hope.

The Palestinians never had any land or state of their own in the first place. In fact, there really is no such thing as a "Palestinian". They are a group of people that moved away from the going ons in Jeruselam to an area elswhere but still on Israeli soil. They fought for it after time, won it, lost it, but it was never really theirs to begin with. They had an offer during the Clinton admin. to hold 97% of what they were asking for in land....and turned it down. FUCK THEM. They turned down a proposal to hold land that was never theirs in the first place. They would rather cause unrest in the region than settle and chill. I say irradicate them. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

A few random thoughts...........
    I think "Their" land in question is the West Bank. Israel won it fair and square from Jordan in the Six Day War. 90 percent of Israel can be hit with weapons with a range of less than 20 miles. (I am going to look that up and make sure it is correct.)It might be closer to 99 percent. This is one of the reasons they took it in the first place. Israel pre 1967 can not be defended. It is just a thin strip of land on the beach. There is a reason that the Palestinians are where they are right now. No one else wants them. Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, no one in the Middle East will have anything to do with them and everyone hates Israel so they figure let them be Israel's problem and they all sit back and have a laugh. Sickos
    Telling Israel, who won that land in a fair fight, to give it back is just like telling the USA to give back Texas, New Mexico and California because the militant hispanics demand it.
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Yeah, what Seen said too. By the way.........the US State Dept. has never recognized a "Palestine".
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The Palestinians are genocidal hate-mongers that don't understand their own history or their current dilema. Fuck'em. They're unreasonable, they're terrorists, and they have no respect for human life.

As seen said, they could have settled this and gotten most all of what they wanted. Unfortunately for them the people they allow to lead them aren't statesmen, and aren't interested in peace. Anytime unilateral demands are made in a negotiation it ceases to be a negotiation and becomes a threat.

Israel has shown incredible restraint in dealing with those people. Imagine what would go on in the US if there were a similar situation. I can think of one or two.

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have to strongly agree with all of the replies above. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

First of all, I don’t agree that it’s the Palestinians’ land. The West Bank, Gaza and Golan Heights were all the property of surrounding Arab nations (Jordan, Egypt and Syria) when the Israelis were forced to defend themselves in the 1967 Six-Day War. The Israelis won the land in battle, losing many of their own citizens in the process, after they repelled that aggression from the aforementioned Arab nations. Why should the Israelis give it back? As chewbaccamonkeylunch posted, do you see the U.S. being asked to return parts of the southwest to Mexico? Plus, as seenbad posted, even when the Palestinians are offered much of the aforementioned areas to form a Palestinian state, as they were at Camp David in 2000, Arafat walks away without even giving a counter offer and instead declares another intifada (i.e. removal of the Israelis through any means from the so-called occupied areas). The Israelis are also rightfully concerned about yielding too much land, which will be a major security risk for their country and its citizens against foreign aggressors. They are already surrounded by much larger countries with larger populations that loathe them, want to push them into the Mediterranean Sea and have continued to show deadly aggression towards the Jews since the establishment of Israel over 50 years ago. Giving up any land will only embolden the Palestinians/Arabs to press even harder for the destruction of Israel and the death of all Jews in the region.

Losing hope is no excuse for targeting and murdering innocent Israeli civilians on their way to work or shopping at the market, like so many of the Palestinians are doing. If the Palestinians had a real leader (not a leader who is a terrorist, like they currently have) and weren’t filled purely with hate, maybe they’d have more to live for. Of course, that’s not possible considering that the Palestinian schools continue to teach the Palestinian children to hate and want to kill Jews –- despite the fact that many Arabs live and work in Israel for and among the Jews they despise.

Regarding the Palestinians not having the military to take it back, the surrounding Arab nations certainly haven’t had a problem supporting the Palestinians and using their military for these means over the past 35 years (or shipping them weapons, like Iran recently attempted to do, or giving money and holding telethons for the so-called “martyrs,” like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, etc. are doing).

I’m of the opinion that the reason there has never been any closure in the never-ending wars between the Israelis and the Palestinians/Arabs is that there has never been a clear-cut winner that can negotiate the terms of surrender. Unfortunately, this bloodshed will continue until one side can declare victory. IMO, the Israelis -– a true democracy and loyal ally of the U.S. -– should be given the chance to accomplish this. Of course, the U.S. had this pesky reliance on Arab oil that will probably prevent this from ever occurring.

[ June 19, 2002, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Delighted Romeo ]
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm gonna tell you another thing about the Israelis. They are now on the land they feel God promised them in the Old Testament. They are just not going to give it up, period.

Arafat is a terrorist. Everyone pretty much seems to realize that, or are starting to realize it. More suicide bombings are going to do nothing but hinder the "Palestinian" cause.

I also agree with others who've stated the so-called "Palestinians" have no claim to anything.

A mother of one of the female suicide bombers was interviewed on TV not too long ago saying how proud she was of her daughter and hoped more "Palestinian" girls did the same thing. A society or people that promotes that is hopeless and has no redeeming value.

[ June 19, 2002, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: BigBadBrian ]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by dj88:
    This is what happens when people lose hope.
    IMO, this is what happens when people behave like animals. The 'Palestinians' have been ungodly (in every sense of the word) wretches. They are a primitive, selfish, uneducated and vindictive people. All they have is their hate.

chewbaccamonkeylunch beat me to the punch; saying the land lost in 1967 is "theirs" (as in the Arabs') is like saying America is the land of the Native Americans' and Mexicans.

It used to be.

To the victor go the spoils.

The lion's share of the blame for what is happening is at the feet of the 'Palestinians.' They raise their children to become human bombs. Not martyrs, but murderers. They don't want to negotiate. Their leaders have done nothing to stop the homicide bombers. They encourage it.

While the Israelis almost always seek out terrorists, the 'Palestinians' don't care who they murder - as long as who they murder are Jews. Arabs, in general, don't want peace with Israel. Why would they want peace with a people they don't want to exist in the first place?

These are a few interesting articles about the Six Day War :

Six-Day War

The 1967 Six-Day War <--- American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise ... Obviously, there's a bias, but history is written by the winners.

CNN.com - Mideast 101: The Six Day War - April 15, 2002
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Well looky what I dug up.

This Dennis Miller "rant" is absolutely perfect. I wish I had this fella's way with words.

"A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you really need. Don't thank me. I'm a giver. Here we go:

The Palestinians want their own country. There's just one thing about that: There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine for two thousand years. like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is really a modern invention. Before the Israelis won the land in war, Gaza was owned by Egypt, and there were no "Palestinians" then, and the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were no> "Palestinians" then. As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big as
    basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the "Palestinians," weeping for their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation." So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" any more to describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths
    until someone points out they're being taped. Instead, let's call them what they are: "Other Arabs Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death." I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then: "Adjacent Jew-Haters." Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own country. Oops, just one more thing. No, they don't. They could've had their own country any time in the last thirty years, especially two years ago at Camp David. But if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage trucks and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some way to make a living. That's no fun. No, they want what all the
    > other Jew-Haters in the region want: Israel. They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course-that's where the real fun is-but mostly they want Israel. Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel-or "The Zionist Entity" as their textbooks call it-for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact that they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on God's Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth, you know that's really saying something. It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about the great history and culture of the Muslim Mideast. Unless I'm missing something, the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra, and, by the way, thanks a hell of a lot for that one.
    I LOVE that! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by seenbad:

This Dennis Miller "rant" is absolutely perfect. I wish I had this fella's way with words.
    seen, I thought you had a thesaurus in that noggin of yours! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by seenbad:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> "A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you really need. Don't thank me. I'm a giver. Here we go:

The Palestinians want their own country. There's just one thing about that: There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine for two thousand years. like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is really a modern invention. Before the Israelis won the land in war, Gaza was owned by Egypt, and there were no "Palestinians" then, and the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were no&gt; "Palestinians" then. As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big as
    basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the "Palestinians," weeping for their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation." So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" any more to describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths
    until someone points out they're being taped. Instead, let's call them what they are: "Other Arabs Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death." I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then: "Adjacent Jew-Haters." Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own country. Oops, just one more thing. No, they don't. They could've had their own country any time in the last thirty years, especially two years ago at Camp David. But if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage trucks and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some way to make a living. That's no fun. No, they want what all the
    &gt; other Jew-Haters in the region want: Israel. They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course-that's where the real fun is-but mostly they want Israel. Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel-or "The Zionist Entity" as their textbooks call it-for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact that they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on God's Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth, you know that's really saying something. It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about the great history and culture of the Muslim Mideast. Unless I'm missing something, the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra, and, by the way, thanks a hell of a lot for that one.
    I LOVE that! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]This is a great and completely accurate column about the true motivations of the Palestinians. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I would just clarify that it wasn't Dennis Miller who wrote this but comedian Larry Miller, who wrote it for an issue of the conservative publication, The Weekly Standard. Like most everyone else, I had also thought it was Dennis Miller who wrote it, as he was given credit for writing it on a bunch of Web sites. But on a recent episode of his HBO show, Dennis Miller had Larry Miller as his guest and they clarified that this piece was actually written by Larry. Anyway, here is a link to the full column, which includes the above excerpt:

http://www.theweeklystandard.com/con...1/161yaihr.asp
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Very interesting responses. I've learned a thing or two about the whole situation.

For the most part I agree with what has been said. The question becomes what do they do about it?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

leave it to Dennis Miller to sum it up PERFECTLY!

my girlfriend and I were watching this special the other night and what we concluded was that the Palestinians don't want their own country because then they'd have to get jobs and fix up their city and have some kind of economy.

it's easier for them to run around in the streets, throw rocks at cars and blow themselves up!

[ June 20, 2002, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: hain23x ]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Larry Miller's comments summed it up perfectly, as have just about all of the previous comments by previous posters.

Anyone who buys into the whole "occupied territory" bullshit needs to seek immediate professional help with curbing their downright dangerous gullibility! The Israelis even offered these so-called "Palestinians" 97% of what they were asking for, and were turned down by Arafat for one reason and one reason alone... without strife, war, terror and all this bullshit "occupation" dogma, Yassir Arafat would be rendered completely irrelevant and lose all the power he currently enjoys. It's in his best interests, you see, to continue to feed the war machine with the bodies of other people's children... it's his job security, after all!

I'll save the whole "peaceful religion of Islam" argument for another day, save to point out that it isn't the Israelis who are parading brainwashed, 3 year-old, hate-spewing children on government-controlled television stations, calling people "apes and pigs" the way our "good friends" the Saudis do on a daily basis.

At least the Fox News Channel has it right when they refrain from calling these so-called "martyrs" as anything other than what they are... "HOMICIDE Bombers".

Hey, whatever helps you deal with your own mortality is your own business, until it crosses the line into the type of primitive, barbaric, genocidal insanity that at least the leaders of the Islamic faith are both condoning and perpetuating by providing an endless stream of mindless, murdering zealot "martyrs".

Fucking EVOLVE already, you knuckle-dragging, australopithecine fucks, or go the way of every other evolutionary dead-end... into extinction. And to anyone who thinks it's time to relax and become complacent again, to give guys like poor ol' misunderstood Sadam a break, not to use "profiling" to identify terrorists at major transportation hubs, go ahead and start thinking of what answers you're going to have when this asshole or one of his cronies sneaks a "dirty bomb" into a major metropolitan port onboard a container ship and murders 50,000 Americans in one shot.

Think about it...

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

JUMP, RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL&LOVE COMES WALKING IN
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the hulkamaniac brother is all for peace and love but when your dealing with these towel headed monsters, i tihnk that you must erridicate the problem. if you notcie isreal goes after the milatary but the palestines only attack innocent people. the hulkamaniac brother wonders why isreal is just not destroying the palestines once and for all. if you destroy them then team up with the united states of america to get the rest of the towel heads, then maybe we can have peace. on the other hand if can not even keep most of the streetsi n america safe for good hard working all american joes like the hulkamaniac brother than maybe it may be easier said than done to destroy evil. now can you dig that my brothers!