Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Did anyone else watch last night? I thought that Bush made a compeling argument for forcably disarming Iraq. I'm not sure about his economic plans though. Traditionally the econamy surges in a war but I'm sure that no one wants to spill American blood simply for that purpose or to "contol oil". What do you guys think?
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I watched the whole thing and the Democrat response. I thought Bush made some good arguments, and from wathcing the news afterward, I know I am not alone in my thoughts. I thought it was a good, well thought out speech...He gave numbers when the situation called for it and he was honest and candid when the situation called for it.

The Democrat response was kinda weak. I noticed and it was pointed out by political analysts that the guy was arguing points that Bush didn't even make.

Anywho, I thought Bush gave a good speech.
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:46 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Personally, I didn't watch it. I was too busy watching the Washington Capitals blow it out there asses and give a win to the St. Louis Blues.

Besides the point, I heard everybody (at the speech) supported G.W.'s view on the Iraq situation. But I heard they, meaning the Reps & Dems, were split on the economy issue. Just asking if this is true, did the Democrats really not stand up or applaud when G.W. talked about the economy??
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would like to watch the SOTU address, but I just can't. If they would do the "hold your applause until the end" thing, I would watch. But when it's one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause...I just can't take it. Annoying as hell. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by P1:
    I would like to watch the SOTU address, but I just can't. If they would do the "hold your applause until the end" thing, I would watch. But when it's one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause, one sentence, applause...I just can't take it. Annoying as hell. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    I totally agree. I dunno how it came to be this way, but all the networks and political analysts keep score of number of times the Prez was interupted by an ovation. It is annoying as hell but that's just the way it is.

On that note, when Bush was speaking about Iraq, the place was quiet. People listened and hung on every word he said and then applauded like crazy when he was done. So, of course, their silence was a much bigger tribute than ovations at regular intervals woulda been.

and yes, the dems remained seated during a couple ovations in which everone else rose.

PS...GO BLUES!
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Of course what makes the one sentance, applause thing funny is see who stands up. Sometimes it's half the room, sometimes it's 3/4, every once in a while everyone stands. It's quite amusing.

The democratic guy did seem weak. It seemed to me that they just sent out one of the 2nd rate guys as to not put anyone who is running for President on the line.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Something that I found to be quite interesting was one point in the speech when the President was outlining his intentions on disarming Saddam, a particular senator from NY actually stood up and applauded him, while it appeared several of her Democratic collegues did not.

Has Hillary seen the light?

Quite a riveting and sobering speech. Anytime you see a President actually give specfics on the way people are being brutally tortured and how Saddam has time & time again thumbed his nose at the International community, you know it's time to get serious.

And of course, then there's ALWAYS that little "situation" going on over in North Korea.

"There shall be wars and rumors of wars, nations will rise against nation, there shall be earthquakes, pestilence, distress of nations, famine, signs in the sun, moon and stars..."
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:46 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

BITE ME AP!!!
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

the applause was ridiculous - it wasn't a state of the union speech, but a pep rally.

i was more interested in that the joint chiefs didn't always stand and applause, rather than the dems. maybe they just aren't the ass-kissers that your average politician/ reporter, or maybe there's more to schwarzkopf's report that rummy is pissing off a lot of soldiers.

i thought bush made his best speech to date about what iraq is doing wrong, although i still don't think it's reason to go to war. on top of that, a lot of his points were bullshit - ala the much emphasized aluminum tubes. if they really want him disarmed, why don't they tell the inspectors which rock to look under?

and the whole bizzare segue about africa and AIDS - that was the biggest load of crap yet! the bush administration has already shot down relief to AIDS/HIV patients and orphans, because it was tied to programs including (gasp) CONDOMS! and cheney has already scuttled a deal where american pharmacutical giants would waive bans on generic drugs in africa, so that treatment would be affordable. what would jesus do, mr. bush?

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Watching my man Bush give a speech is like watching NASCAR. I have to watch just to see if he is going to tell Sadam not to misunderestimate the wil of the American people
    He did pretty well last night. Most important of all is the elimination of the marrige penalty. Give me back my money dammit. I earned it, and I firmly belive that I should not be punished because I chose to get married.
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To List
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Same speech, different year.

Can't any of you people see that the annual address has been an exercise in pointless political rhetoric year after year after year?

"We need to improve our schools"

"We're burning more $ to fight AIDS"

"We need to cut taxes"

"We need to spend responsibly"

[img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Rhetoric or lies, all. For the past 40 years both parties' Presidents have spewed the same rhetorical bullsh*t while our tax $ burns unchecked in the halls of Congress. The party in the Big House cheers like trained seals at their fearless leader's every word, then boos and hisses at the same words when their party gets the boot.

Democrats gave Clinton a pass for illegally taking huge $ from corrupt corporations & foreign dictatorships, and for starting wars when Joan Soccer Mom might catch wind about getting his knob polished on taxpayer time - then they turn 180 and piss & moan about Bush Jr being in bed with Big Oil and going easy on corrupt corporations & foreign dictatorships, and for starting wars to sustain the popularity of the battle against terrorism. Republicans do exactly the opposite.

It's all partisan rhetoric. You had to be comatose to sit through that entire speech last night.

When will Americans face the reality that all levels of their government are now united in one common goal: to rob you of your hard-earned money and spend it frivolously and without accountability.

Republican and Democrat alike want your money, and that's all they want. Period. If you can't see this, then you're a partisan automaton doing this [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

The Real Deal

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I can't wait til' I have the time to respond to this...
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Aquatic Punk:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by P1:
    I totally agree. I dunno how it came to be this way, but all the networks and political analysts keep score of number of times the Prez was interupted by an ovation. </font>[/QUOTE]59 minutes 75 applause interuptions [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by seenbad:
    I can't wait til' I have the time to respond to this...
    I'm sure we can all predict what it will be.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Yeah, probably something that people may actually have a chance of agreeing with as opposed to the socialst drivel you tend to spout....oh, but I'm sure that your bullshit isn't predictable right champ? Now, with all do respect, do fuck off. [img]smile.gif[/img]

*you may now feel free to report me to myself again. Dipshit.*
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen