the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

10.23.16 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 538 Times in 201 Posts

hey guys,

ok here's the scoop.

my gf gets this call the other day from this guy who says he's from a collection agency (yeah right) says my gf owes them like $120 bucks on some bill from like 10 years ago. thing is...she filed for bankruptcy in 1992, so anything that she would have owed at that time would have been wiped out.

the guy then goes on to tell her that by statutes of loimitations, he legally cannot get the money from her because it's been more than 6-7 years. he says that if she does not pay the money, that he can screw up her credit. i don't understand how that's possible, since her credit is fine since 7 years have passed since the bankruptcy filing.

this dick even asked her where she works and how much money she makes. obviously she wouldn't answer his questions. the guy said he had mailed her quite a few letters about this, yet obviously she never received one. he also said he tracked her down after all this time by her social security number. he also wants the bankruptcy case number and i told her not to give him any personal information whatsoever. my question is, if he has her ssn, why can't he look up the bankruptcy case # himself? if i didn't know better, i'd say this here would be a scam of sorts. he keeps calling too but she just lets the answering machine go on. i'm just wondering the proper way to go about it.

thanks guys

"you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

JMJ, check your PM. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

10.24.16 @ 05:11 PM
    Liked 249 Times in 90 Posts

Sounds alllllll too familiar to me JMJ. It'll pass.

[ September 07, 2002, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: seenbad ]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Just contact your state Attroney General's Office. Be polite to the guy and tell him you are looking to get the money so he'll leave you alone. That way you can get an address and a phone number, then report his ass! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]