Register
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:22 PM
    Liked 16,600 Times in 9,415 Posts

According to espn.com, Michael Jordan will announce sometime next week that he will be coming out of retirement and returning once again to the NBA.

Jordan says he will be doing it for the love of the game. I hope he's not doing it to try and get another championship. The Wizards figure to be merely bad with Jordan as opposed to downright awful without him. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Hooligan, any thoughts on this? I know a few Bulls fanatics, and they all want Jordan to stay retired. They think he's going to tarnish his legacy. IMO, M.J. couldn't care less about that, he just wants to play.

[ September 10, 2001 at 08:20 PM: Message edited by: I Coulda Hada VH ]
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i would love to see him come back. it's obvious that he just wants to play, if he's going to a team like the wizards. all the power to him.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

If the guy wants to play, why not? He may not dominate the games, but does that matter? There's no way he can tarnish his previous accomplishments by playing some more. Those accomplishments are so great that they stand on their own.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

When M.J. comes back it will definitely help out the NBA's ratings. I bet David Stern's the happiest out of everyone. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] My brother is a Bulls fan and he doesn't want him to return, but if he still loves the game, he should come back.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I think its a mistake he will regret when he is old and gray. He could have had his last memories as a player be that of an absolute icon, pilar, hero. Instead, he will go out on a mediocre note at best. Look at Ali, Holmes, Duran. All great fighters that should have quit, and retired undefeated. Rocky Marciano is my boxing hero, because he had sense to climb to the top (in Rocky Balboa style), recognize there was nothing else to accomplish, and retired at 41-0. Thats the shit. He has the only undefeated record in heavyweight boxing because of it. I think thats how Jordan should have been.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:
    I think its a mistake he will regret when he is old and gray. He could have had his last memories as a player be that of an absolute icon, pilar, hero. Instead, he will go out on a mediocre note at best. Look at Ali, Holmes, Duran. All great fighters that should have quit, and retired undefeated. Rocky Marciano is my boxing hero, because he had sense to climb to the top (in Rocky Balboa style), recognize there was nothing else to accomplish, and retired at 41-0. Thats the shit. He has the only undefeated record in heavyweight boxing because of it. I think thats how Jordan should have been.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a great point. How could there be a better ending to a legendary career than draining the winning shot to win your 6th championship? But it's obvious that although we as fans want to see Jordan "go out on top" with an untarnished legacy, Jordan himself doesn't really care. He just wants to keep playing, even if his new thing is teaching the young kids how to play the game the right way. I don't think that him coming back will be a bad final chapter that ruins an otherwise great book, it'll be an epilogue after the book (his career with the Bulls) is already done.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dont know.....I mean, what if he sucks? (It can and will probably happen) Then look at his legacy. I cant help but to think of athletes like Ali and how pathetic it all was when they tried a comeback. I would really hate to see that with MJ who is without a doubt the greatest player that has ever played the game. He went out with style and now if all of this is true it is just going to be very very sad. Unless of course he averages 40 points a game and the Wizards are the next NBA Champions next year.....then hell he would be like...well you know....God! LOL!!!
    Hey Seenbad....Um...Have you taken a look at the Blazers schedule yet? Blazers VS Wizards....I might just have to go to that game!!!!!! LOL!!!!
    Ok Im rambling, sorry...Im damn tired tired and I should be in bed. Goodnight all
    David Tyler Levi

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I'm a Bulls & MJ fanatic, but hell, the guy loves the game. If he wants to get out there & teach the kids (on his team). Why not? I agree this would be more like en epilogue to his career anyway. His years of greatness (Championship Dynasty) ended in '98. He loves the game.