Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

JUDAS PRIEST Targeted By PETA Over "Hell Bent For Leather" - Aug. 21, 2002

JUDAS PRIEST have become the latest targets of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), according to EntertainmentIdaho.com. PETA fired off a letter to band members last week, asking that they change their 1978 album Hell Bent for Leather to Hell Bent for Pleather.

"Actually, I'm a big JUDAS PRIEST fan," spokeswoman Lisa Franzetta stated. "The idea is not to give them hell, so much, but to encourage them and their fans to make a more compassionate choice." To make her point, Franzetta, 24, enclosed a video of slaughterhouse footage — along with a convincing photo of herself in a black pleather dominatrix outfit.

[ August 21, 2002, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, that'll happen...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If there's anything I hate it's people who take things to extremes. I can't stand people who are way to the right and I can't stand people who are way to the left and is anyone more to the left than PETA?
    Hell Bent... came out in 1978 and my guess is it's not a really big seller today. Why pick an album that's over 20 years old and most people have probably never heard of? Do they have quotas or something? What a f*cking joke. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cute.

I wonder if PETA knows that the title of the album outside the U.S. is Killing Machine...
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Must suck being a vegetarian.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Man these pussies crack me up. Rock on PETA! Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

True story:

Out west there were some horses that were going to be destroyed unless somebody came up with something like $250,000 and the local animal rights types went to PETA to get money, because PETA takes in millions from soft headed rich folks. PETA told them no, they don't contribute money to animal rescue. I'll repeat that:

PETA..DOESN'T..CONTRIBUTE..MONEY..TO..ANIMAL..RESC UE!

So the horses are now glue. Thanks for nothing PETA.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey!! It gives Priest exposure when it could use any kind at all!

They already had that agonizing lawsuit about the suicide years back, so this is nothing for them!

Hell bent.....hell bent for vinylllllll! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] There's also Vinyl Rebel; any others I missed?

Nah, don't sound too good!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FH:

To make her point, Franzetta, 24, enclosed a video of slaughterhouse footage along with a convincing photo of herself in a black pleather dominatrix outfit.

Anyone see the pic of her? :curious:
    "The spirit can not be contempt. The spirit can not be sour and angry" - DLR on The NEW Van Halen

"Shutthefuckupity" - DIF on John Cusack.

"Baby, where'd you sleep last night?
    Your hair is all tangled
    and you ain't walking right." - Robert Johnson

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of all, LMAO! PETA is just so damned out there...

Finally...

[quote]Originally posted by diamondsgirl:
    Originally posted by FH:

To make her point, Franzetta, 24, enclosed a video of slaughterhouse footage along with a convincing photo of herself in a black pleather dominatrix outfit.

Anyone see the pic of her? :curious:
    It's right here:

Excerpt from MetroLand Online: Latex In, Leather Out:

No, they weren’t hookers. Those two pleather-clad beauties you may have noticed roaming the streets around the state Capitol last week were sent to Albany by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. The women (l-r, Kayla Worden from Ashville, N.C., and Lisa Franzetta from Oakland, Calif.) were on a mission to educate passers-by about cruelty in the leather industry.

According to PETA, much of the leather sold in the United States is produced oversecas in places where animal cruelty is common: Cows used to produce leather coats, for example, endure beatings and broken bones before they are slaughtered. PETA reports that it has even documented cruelty in slaughterhouses in the United States.

The PETA dominatrices wanted to show that faux leather, vinyl and synthetic fabrics can be just as comfy and sexy as leather.

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I found a more recent picture of her....

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by xaminer:
    Must suck being a vegetarian.
    I think the lack of meat is fucking with their gray matter.

22 years after the fact, PETA wants the name of the album changed? No, they don't. They're looking for attention. Much the same as when Dave 'told' Eddie to "call me." &lt;--- Nothing but hype for the tour.

People for the Enormous Twat Association know there will be no changing of the title, but asking for it to be changed creates buzz through which they can spread their real message : Don't hunt, don't eat meat, don't wear animal pelts - instead, become domesticated, anesthetized ass pirates who eat tofu and rice cakes, etc...

Liberals like these give honest liberals a bad name.

(There are honest libs, right? [img]smile.gif[/img] )
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    I think the whole things irresponsible.

Just the other day my 7 y/old Neice was washing her pet rabbit. The rabbit went fucking red and blew up like a balloon, its eyes were all bloodshot and red, and looked like something outta an AA meeting. If people were allowed to still test shit on animals, fluffy the bunny would still be alive!

I long for a day when Monkeys can smoke 20 cigarettes in the comfort of their own tree, safe in the knowledge those cigarettes were tested on their brothers, and will only give them cancers, not some unexpected side effect, such as their arms falling off or something similar.

/sarcasm off

Clearly. These PETA guys are nuts, and would quite possibly belive the above ranting was serious!!!!!
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The thing that gets me in this is that it's usually the more conservative media that gives groups like PETA all the attention. There's such a tiny, minute group of people that actually believe in this BS, but you sure would think there's more of them from how people go on and on about how radical they are.

Who's using who?

It sure is hard to tell, because the conservative media keeps their customers coming back by continually giving them something to be antagonized by. Sometimes I wonder who really funds or encourages groups like PETA.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MikeL:
    The thing that gets me in this is that it's usually the more conservative media that gives groups like PETA all the attention. There's such a tiny, minute group of people that actually believe in this BS, but you sure would think there's more of them from how people go on and on about how radical they are.

Who's using who?

It sure is hard to tell, because the conservative media keeps their customers coming back by continually giving them something to be antagonized by. Sometimes I wonder who really funds or encourages groups like PETA.
    You know, I've always wondered the same thing about the group "Republicans For Choice"--although in that case, it's always the liberal media giving attention to the group.

All they [Republicans For Choice] ever do is moan and whine every 4 years about the Republican Party's insistence on having a pro-life platform. And do you suppose these "Republicans" for choice have ever voted for a Republican? I mean, if they're so in love with the Democratic Party's platform, why not just become a Democrat (which I'm sure is what they really are). Good point, MikeL.