Register
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VISIT FREDDY VS. JASON [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER AND PARTY ON DUDES!!!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FREDDY AND JASON FANS REJOICE!!! It looks like after 9 years or so it is finally going to happen. Here is what CNN said!
    Shock, horror! It's 'Freddy vs Jason'
    August 5, 2002 Posted: 12:04 PM EDT (1604 GMT)

Freddy Krueger will face Jason from the "Friday the 13th" series

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- In a continuing effort to exploit its franchises, New Line Cinema has greenlit "Freddy vs. Jason."

Brad Renfro will star alongside Robert Englund, who'll be back for his eighth performance as Freddy Krueger, Variety reports.

The studio hasn't yet decided on the actor who'll play Jason Vorhees, the lumbering maniac from the "Friday the 13th" franchise who will be making his 11th appearance onscreen.

Ronny Yu, the Honk Kong veteran whose credits range from "The Bride With White Hair" to "Bride of Chucky," will direct the picture, with shooting to begin September 9 in Vancouver.

The film's premise is a simple collision of legendary evildoers who've each racked up impressive body counts of promiscuous teens.

Renfro ("The Client") will play a character who finds himself pitted between the two combatants, and so his mission is to try and stay alive until the end credits.

"It's clash of the titans, the ultimate showdown," said New Line production president Toby Emmerich.

"Freddy is the intellectual manipulator, Jason the killing machine. When you have done 17 movies between these characters, it is hard to stay fresh, but putting these characters together makes it fresh.

"There is a hard-core fan base for each, and we will be out in front of 'Predator vs. Alien' and 'Batman vs. Superman,' other films putting venerable characters against each other."

It is the studio's second significant franchise move since "Austin Powers in Goldmember" posted record summer numbers last weekend.

The studio just hired Troy Miller to direct "Dumb and Dumberer," the "Dumb & Dumber" prequel that will hit cinemas next summer.

Corporate sibling Warner Bros. meanwhile, is mining its own franchises with plans for Wolfgang Petersen to direct "Batman vs. Superman."

New Line Cinema is a division of AOL Time Warner, as is CNN.com.

Copyright 2002 Reuters. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

[ August 06, 2002, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Bill.S.Preston Esquire ]

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Bill, you a member @ FridayThe13thForums? If not, you should be...The fans there are great. I personally love both series' and I think they picked the right director for this one. Ronny Yu directed "Bride of Chucky," a favorite of mine. New Line has been waiting a long time to get the perfect script for this and I guess they've got it, because Robert Shaye loves the series and has trashed tons of the other storylines. I just hope Kane Hodder plays Jason again...He's really brings character into what could be a boring death machine. Hodder makes Jason look pissed!

Party on...and Be Excellent to Each Other!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by NOaverageJOE:
    Bill, you a member @ FridayThe13thForums? If not, you should be...The fans there are great. I personally love both series' and I think they picked the right director for this one. Ronny Yu directed "Bride of Chucky," a favorite of mine. New Line has been waiting a long time to get the perfect script for this and I guess they've got it, because Robert Shaye loves the series and has trashed tons of the other storylines. I just hope Kane Hodder plays Jason again...He's really brings character into what could be a boring death machine. Hodder makes Jason look pissed!

Party on...and Be Excellent to Each Other!
    I usually go to the forums at Friday the 13th I lurk there all the time but have never registered to the forum yet. Bride of Chucky kicked ass!!! I really hope the director takes the same aproach with Freddy vs. Jason. I expected this movie to come out within a year or two after JASON GOES TO HELL. I thought since New Line just bought the rights to Friday The 13th they would take advantage of F vs.J right away. That was back in 1994 wasn't it? I just can't believe it is finally going to happen! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Kane Hodder kicks ass and it would be crazy for New Line not to let him play the part again. I read somewhere that they told him to run after his victims like he did in the first 4 films. But he is a corpse now and Hodder felt that a corpse should walk fast instead of running. Which is what CG Grahm did in Jason Lives. Hodder actually puts effort into playing the part right!

[ August 07, 2002, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Bill.S.Preston Esquire ]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everyone who loves horror movies like Friday the 13th should come vist [ FRIDAY THE 13TH WEBSITE board... [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

[ August 11, 2002, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Bill.S.Preston Esquire ]

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

09.30.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts

.....I'm more interested in seeing if they ever make an "Alien vs. Predator" movie. That movie has been rumored even longer than Freddy vs. Jason.

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Michael Myers would OWN both Jason and Freddy
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.