Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Lewis-Tyson is on!

It is on. Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson for the WBC/IBF/IBO heavyweight championship is set for pay per view on June 8, from The Pyramid Arena in Memphis, Tenn at 9PM ET/6PM PT. "Lewis-Tyson is the match up the whole world has been waiting for. I am confident I will cement my legacy when I dispose of Tyson on June 8," said Lewis. Tyson said, "On June 8, I guarantee I will knock Lewis out and regain my heavyweight championship." Memphis Mayor Willie Herenton said, "Memphis is elated to be the host city of this great sporting event." The bout is presented by Lion Promotions, Main Events and Mike Tyson Enterprises and the showdown will be co-produced and co-distributed by HBO and Showtime. The executive producers of the telecast will be Rick Bernstein and Jay Larkin.
    3/25/2002

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ March 25, 2002 at 10:48 PM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]</p>
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.19.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool!

Now if somebody would just feed my boy a little steak tartar the night before, maybe raise the spirit of Cus D'Amato a few weeks before that...
    Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

"...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

and by the way...

Eat Us And Smile.

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Not sure who is gonna win. If Lewis is focused, he's tough to beat. We saw it with that Rahman guy. He caught Lewis off guard, but Lewis took the next time around seriously and opened a can on that beeeeotch. I can see Lewis preparing for the biggest fight of his life.

Tyson on the other hand was a beast, but ever since he got in the mix with Don King, it all went south. He'll never be the same fighter Cus D'Amato trained in the 80's. So this will be interesting.

My pick is the psycho Tyson.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

I expect Tyson to knock his head off! [img]smile.gif[/img] I just hope that he doesn't freak out in the ring like he did in Holyfield/Tyson II.

Evander Holyfield also picks Tyson to win, and he should know since he fought them both. Here is what Evander had to say........

You’ve been in the ring with both of them. Who do you pick between Tyson & Lewis

Evander- I’d go with Tyson.

Even though Lewis has all the physical advantages of height & weight? You don’t think Lewis will keep him at bay with the jab?

Evander- You have to remember Mike Tyson has made a career out of getting past the jab. He has short arms so he has always had to adapt his style around getting past the offense so he could throw his own punches.

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think letting Tyson fight is as inhumane as cock fighting. He is a timebomb! He's unstable and he is an ex-con... Just because he was once a talented athlete is not reason enough to let him continue making a living at this sport. He is supposed to be a role model, someone our youth can look up to and admire. What happened to moral conduct and good sportsmanship? Letting him fight is nothing more that a freak show. People will pay to see the fight just to see what Tyson will do next. IMO, letting him fight is doing nothing more that turning boxing into another commical sport such as wrestleing. Tyson is a pitbull waiting to attack. He's tasted blood..Who will his next victim be?

[ March 26, 2002 at 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Fabulous Shadow aka VHL ]</p>
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
    I think letting Tyson fight is as inhumane as cock fighting. He is a timebomb! He's unstable and he is an ex-con... Just because he was once a talented athlete is not reason enough to let him continue making a living at this sport. He is supposed to be a role model, someone our youth can look up to and admire. What happened to moral conduct and good sportsmanship? Letting him fight is nothing more that a freak show. People will pay to see the fight just to see what Tyson will do next. IMO, letting him fight is doing nothing more that turning boxing into another commical sport such as wrestleing. Tyson is a pitbull waiting to attack. He's tasted blood..Who will his next victim be?
    First, I wouldn't let my son have any boxer as a role model.

Second, All boxers have the same mentality. They want to win at any cost.

Third, Tyson is not the only excon-boxer. If you knew anything about boxing, (watch Friday night fights on ESPN or HBO Saturday night fights or Showtime Saturday night fights) you'd know this.

They want to tear the head off the person infront of them.

If you ask me Tyson is a perfect boxer for the job.

Tell me one person in this sport you want your son/daughter to look up to. Then I'll tell you why you shouldn't.

They're all assholes!!! Trust me.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Evander should have said,

"FUCK HIM!!!! HE BIT MY FUCKING EAR OFF!!!!"

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Roy Jones Jr...
    Want some more???
    Anyone who is in the public eye, especailly in sports, needs to maintain a certain amount of selfcontrol. Boxing is a viloent sport, therefore, being of sound mind must be a requirement... And being able to play by the rules is a must...
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Originally posted by Pabs:

LMAO!!! Yeah, I don't think I would be as forgiving as Evander. But he used to be friends with Tyson back when they trained together before the 1984 Olympics.

Holyfield is going to fight Rahman later this year btw. I hope that Evander gets another shot at the title before he retires. I'm a big Holyfield fan.

[ March 26, 2002 at 12:38 AM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]</p>

-- John Entwistle

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

He is supposed to be a role model, someone our youth can look up to and admire.
    No, he's not supposed to be a role model.

PARENTS and family members should be role models. It's their duty as a parent. If a child doesn't see their parents as role models when they are young, then they have screws loose. I don't think anyone expects Mike Tyson, born in a ghetto, a young juvenile, to be any type of role model.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Roy Jones Jr...
    Want some more???
    Anyone who is in the public eye, especailly in sports, needs to maintain a certain amount of selfcontrol. Boxing is a viloent sport, therefore, being of sound mind must be a requirement... And being able to play by the rules is a must...
    Roy is a great fighter, but he ducks anyone better. This is why he's lasted so long in light heavyweight. He's a natural middleweight and belongs there. He's fought everyone in his division. He needs to fight Bernard Hopkins again to gain any reaspect from me. I don't think he would win that fight. His excuse is he doesn't need to because he fought him back some ten years or so ago and that all Bernard wants is the money. Well Yeah!! isn't that what it's all about.

Actually Bernard wants just the same amount. And Roy won't fight him for the same amount he wants more.

He's a paper champion, but don't get me wrong, he's great fighter.

But the reason still stands HE DUCKS OPPONENTS

Watch any fight, Any great fighter will tell you, You have to cheat just alittle without getting caught to beat someone else.
    They all cheat.

Don't you have to be a little crazy to get in a 14'x14' ring and know your going to get your head bashed in?

Why would you set your kids up like that. These guys don't want to be role models they want to be rich.

By the way I can tell you anything about almost any so called good fighter and give you a negative reason why your kid shouldn't look up to him.

[ March 26, 2002 at 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Dimoncutr ]</p>

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Tyson is in my opinion the greatest of all time. The way he would mangle people in the 80's was complete insane. He was an absolute beast. Unfortunately, the people who would have taught him the right things, died way before their time. Tyson ended up very naive, and let Don King corrupt him, and he destroyed his career. Had Cus D'Amato lived another 5 years, Tyson would have been a different fighter till this day. Shame.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Pabs:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
    He is supposed to be a role model, someone our youth can look up to and admire.
    No, he's not supposed to be a role model.

PARENTS and family members should be role models. It's their duty as a parent. If a child doesn't see their parents as role models when they are young, then they have screws loose. I don't think anyone expects Mike Tyson, born in a ghetto, a young juvenile, to be any type of role model.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thank you Pabs!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pabs:

LMAO!!! Yeah, I don't think I would be as forgiving as Evander. But he used to be friends with Tyson back when they trained together before the 1984 Olympics.

Holyfield is going to fight Rahman later this year btw. I hope that Evander gets another shot at the title before he retires. I'm a big Holyfield fan.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I used to respect Holyfield a lot until it came out that he has more illegimate kids than Shawn Kemp. Even that would not bother me, if it was not for his supposed devotion to God. As a fighter though, I have rooted for Holyfield since he got robbed in the '84 Olympics. I dont think it is anybody's business to tell somebody to retire, but I dont know if Holyfield can expect more title shots. Remember he just had a title shot late in 2001. He lost to John Riuz who holds the WBC Belt.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok look...Anyone who is in the public eye MAY envelope our children and it may not be the people we would like them to look up too. Yes it'd be great if our kids looked up to us and we do have to set good examples for them but come on, how many kids have posters of their parents hanging on the wall...I think your playing on my words and taking the subject intended to a completely different place...