Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

With Bush up in most national polls, some by as much as 8 to 10 points and with several swing states looking to go in his favor i.e. Ohio, possibly Michigan (where he is gaining a slight edge), Tennessee, Arkansas, and maybe Florida (too close to call). Plus, it's going to take a great deal of luck for the Democrats to win Congress. Personally, I don't like either candidate, G.W.(not the greatest record-enough said) or Gore (not trustworthy by any means and a crook i.e. the scandle with the lawyers and the Temple fund raising). The only person running that I have some faith in is Dick Cheyney (Of all those jokers, I would much rather see him win the presidency (not VP)). I'd much rather see G.W. as his VP. For that matter, I'd rather see Gore running as Lieberman's VP. Ah for the perfect candidate. My idea of the perfect candidate (a combination of current figures) is Jesse Ventura/ Gore's brain(and nothing more)/ Marty Sheen's character in West Wing.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hooligan on a Holiday:

With Bush up in most national polls, some by as much as 8 to 10 points and with several swing states looking to go in his favor i.e. Ohio,
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a fookin shame too
    One of the lists I'm on....thru the state of Ohio.....think this would be a tragedy....
    I guess you have to have a child with a disability to see how ill-suited GWB would be
    as President.
    Maybe you've seen this story:
    Bush disability activists had a 'sit-in' on
    the governors mansions front lawn? They were protesting the lack of services for the disabled in Texas. Disabled folks were tossed out of wheelchairs and held face-down,
    cuffed and removed from the property. If he won't fight for the disabled in his own state, who'd want him for the whole country.
    The National Disabilities Party want GORE

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you should check out HARRY BROWNE:LIBERTARIAN FOR PRESIDENT.he's who i'm voting for. check out WWW.LP.ORG. he will be on MEET THE PRESS.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The problem with Bush is that America doesn't see him for what he is. Once we've elected him, he's ours for 4 long years. Bad things can happen in that time. He's not what some people think he is.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey MIKE L. what is GEORGE W. BUSH? i watched the republican primaries and GEORGE BUSH came in the last. he wouldn't know the issues if they were stuff down his throat and pulled out his ass. if his name wasn't GEORGE BUSH he wouldn't be on the ballot. i wonder how the breakdown of VH fans are democrat,republican,or independent? i'd love to debate anyone here about the issues. BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    The problem with Bush is that America doesn't see him for what he is. Once we've elected him, he's ours for 4 long years. Bad things can happen in that time. He's not what some people think he is.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clinton had all the same problems back in '92 when America decided a smile was better than a stand on the issues and moral character. 8 years later we're not in the crapper. Give GWB a chance, it's not like the Governor (much like the President) actually can do jack when it comes to making laws. They're just marionettes that sign a few things and take credit for what all the other government employees succed in doing.

Lesser of two evils here is GW... I mean, Gore? Really? I'd rather have no-name Nader than Gore.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    it's not like the Governor (much like the President) actually can do jack when it comes to making laws. They're just marionettes that sign a few things and take credit for what all the other government employees succed in doing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How old are you, Stuff? I seem to recall you being around 21. It's a damn shame that a guy your age sees things in such a cynical fashion. If you honestly believe what you wrote, your education is lacking. Look back through history, and tell me that Presidents don't shape this country. It's been the pattern for the last hundred years. A good, strong President moves the country foward. Would we have SS if not for FDR? Would Europe be what it is today without Truman's appointment of Marshall? Would we have reached the moon, or reconciled with China? The position of President is not a figure head.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
    Lesser of two evils here is GW... I mean, Gore? Really? I'd rather have no-name Nader than Gore.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sick of this lesser of two evils bullshit. Talk about a national attitude problem. Vote for the man that will do the most good for the country, not the least. Nader is hardly a no-name. He's only been the most prominent consumer advocate of the last 35 years.

Do some reading and some research, and be informed and intelligent when you vote Nov. 7th. It's the least a citizen can do.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, can't wait till Nov. 7th. getting the champaigne ready for a Bush Cheney victory.
    I don't really buy the whole "lesser of two evils" thing, but I do believe that these are two of the most unlikeable candidates in recent history. But my choice is clear. 8 years was aboot enough for me, time to bring back the republicans.

BTW, great post Mike L. I totally agree.

[This message has been edited by Aquatic Punk (edited October 23, 2000 at 09:17 AM).]

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Give GWB a chance,
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope.Won't do it

He's another frog

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aquatic Punk:
    BTW, great post Mike L. I totally agree.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. It's not about who you vote for, but that you vote and do it for the right reasons. Those reasons really only matter to you.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MIKE L. social security was a good idea, you've got to kidding me. if you die before you're 62 your family doesn't get any of that money. check out libertarianism my friend. you don't seem to be that informed.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wonder why I don't post in political threads?

Maybe because being conservative seems to be the worst possible sin these days around here.

FACT: Congress makes the laws and enacts them
    FACT: The president signs laws and enforces them.

Hence, the president may want a certain law but damned if he can get it without bargaining.

Only real power a president has over law is appointing Supreme Court Judges, which ultimately changes the slant of interpretation when someone challenges laws.

President's make suggestions. Congress handles whether it wants to do it or not. Look at government run health care from when Clinton was first in office. Did it get done? Nope, Congress said no.

So people who think the president can make laws or think that the president is responsible for good economies (well, that's Allan Greenspan that got us the good economy)... stop deluding yourself.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Presidents lead. Congress is usually forced to at least consider the ideas of the President. The President can easily bring an issue to the national stage. They make decisions. They enact Congress' legislation.

It's an extremely powerful and visible position. To try to marginalize it because of the marginal nature of the canidate you support does both the office and yourself a disservice.

SS has been a boon to this country, what with people living much longer this century. It's a security blanket for people who fail to take care of themselves, and provides stability. Sorry if it's not perfect. Suggest and promote something better, if you can.

Libertarianism isn't my idea of what I want from government. Harry Brown is a smart fella, and so are many of his supporters. It's just not my cup of tea. I don't think Libertarianism has a realistic grasp on the issues. I've taken survey's from Libertarian pollsters that always suggest that I think the way they do. Funny thing is, I don't.

Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that no-name nader is the reason you have safety devices in cars. if anything he is the best canidate-the only man with balls enough to take on corporations.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wonder why I don't post in political threads?

Maybe because being conservative seems to be the worst possible sin these days around here.

FACT: Congress makes the laws and enacts them
    FACT: The president signs laws and enforces them.

Hence, the president may want a certain law but damned if he can get it without bargaining.

Only real power a president has over law is appointing Supreme Court Judges, which ultimately changes the slant of interpretation when someone challenges laws.

President's make suggestions. Congress handles whether it wants to do it or not. Look at government run health care from when Clinton was first in office. Did it get done? Nope, Congress said no.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While all of the information above is true, you left out the most important part.

Since January of 1995, Congress has been dominated by a narrow minded group of assholes who are so extremist that they scared the hell out of the late Barry Goldwater, himself the scary end of right wing extremism in the 60's and 70's.

The string pullers of this KKKongress: the religious reich, the gun lobby, big tobacco, defense contractors, and toxic polluters, just to name a few, OWN George Walker Bush Jr.

The next President, if he were to serve an 8 year term in office, would be likely to appoint at least 2 Supreme Court justices, possibly 3. Junior has already made it clear that he plans on appointing judges who share his (extremist) views. Such a nomination would easily pass thru a Congress dominated by the extreme right, as the current one is.

The entire federal government would be in the hands of narrow minded bigots who want to ban abortions, but think hate crimes are acceptable. Who believe that the best way to improve public education is to destroy it and give our tax dollars to right wing church schools. Who believe that the best way to solve the crime problem is unlimited, unregistered, unlicensed ownership of fucking assault weapons, without bothering to check whether someone is insane or a felon before buying it. Who complain about a Democratic president sending US troops into a region of the world where genocide is practiced, yet applaud when a Republican president declares war to protect his own personal oil company holdings in the middle east.

If this is the "best of two evils", you guys would have loved Hitler. Vote no on the Fourth Reich. Vote no on an ignorant cocaine wasted puppet in the White House.

GORE LIEBERMAN 2000!!!!!!

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

preaching the gospel of the one true Van HALEN for the redemption of a rock n roll world that's gone
    to boy band Hell.