Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Ok Texas Tech VH fans let us know what your opinion on the decision of your school in hiring this meglomaniac jerk-off.

First off I must admitt Bobby is a great coach. His record is proof enough. But when it come to interacting with people this guy looses his mind. And the reason? Because the administrators at IU did not squash his balls early on in his carreer. Know he thinks he can bully around evryone(Reporters, Professors, administrators, students etc.).

Did you see his press conference? What a joke! He turned it into a pep ralley. I heard on ESPN radio the next day that the Texas Tech president and some other administrators were not too happy about how the press conference went.

Bob Knight needs a good ole fashion ass-whoopin'. Then I bet his out-look on life would change for the better.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll kinda miss him cause lately Illinois' whipped his ass on the court, but it looks like he's in the right part of the country for an ass-whuppin'! It'll be intersting to see if he lasts long enough to pass Dean Smith on the all-time win list!

What I really want to see is if he'll wear a black shirt under his TT red sweater--so that way if the sweater creeps up, he'll expose his "spare tire"! It happened with whitewalls!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

08.13.15 @ 12:21 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

For your listening pleasure, here's an audio file of some vintage Bobby Knight!
    http://users.aol.com/rmkgeneral/instruct.wav
    Van Gully invited me over...blame him!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When Knight was canned, it was right after I moved to Indy. He was on the news every night, and in EVERY paper, for the next 3 months. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

People here actually worship the guy. He's almost as religious a figure as Jeff Gordon.

I hope the miserable SOB get fired for the same old shit he pulled here. He is the epitome of an unhappy old man.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Can\'t choose just one
    Favorite VH Song

see above
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey all,

I wasn't sure that I wanted my first post to be on the subject of Bobby Knight, but I have a duty to defend my Hoosier pride. And believe me, it takes something special to be a Hoosier, cause no one knows excactly what the hell that is.

Bob Knight is simple... great coach, therapist's dream. In a roundabout way, kinda like Eddie... brillant musican, therapist's dream. To truly understand the myth of Bob Knight, I really think that you have to an Indiana'er (I'm tired of using Hoosier...don't know what it means). Bob Knight was kind of like Bill Clinton in a way. Did a lot of good things, did a lot of bad things, but was fun to watch the entire time. The General was old school. And anyone watching IU basketball was one of the following:
    Rabid Advid - They loved it all, from the chair throws (actually, chair throw), all the technical fouls, everything Knight did, while sometimes crude, was gospel.
    The Peripheral Vision Viewer - 50/50 on whether Knight was right or wrong, but they had to watch nonetheless.
    or The Disgruntled Purdue Alumni - these viewers simply were too distraught to watch Purdue basketball due to Gene Keady's sloping hair piece, the only other college hoop alternative was IU.

Anyway, something odd about IU Basketball's effect on IU fans was the way it unified them all, win or lose. IU fans didn't boo the other teams, you didn't get too many "airball" chants from the crowd. This didn't happen becuase everyone in Assembly Hall knew that this was Bobby's house, and he was in charge. He was a clear cut leader. To which his throne was never challenged. Players come and go, Knight will forever be the embodiment of Indiana University Basketball. That may be something that haunts Bob Knight the rest of his life, but I doubt it. This Texas Tech job is album filler. Bob Knight will only have one true home, and that's Indiana. Ironically, I believe that Texas Tech has a road game next season... at Indiana... NO JOKE. Save the fireworks till the fall.

I'll skip going, going, and just go to gone...

Take Care
    "These are not them, you've captured one of their stunt doubles"

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

That was a great first post, hrothnagar. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I dig Bobby Knight. I always have. Warts and all. I hope he turns Texas Tech's players around, both on the court and in the classroom. Wasn't the graduation rate of Knight's players at IU ipwards of 98%?

That's his best statistic as a coach, IMO. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, Welcome to VHForums, hrothnagar! Have fun, bro. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

When It's Love
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

As an IU grad, and native Hoosier I love the guy. He is a bit of a horses ass, but his players graduate, he rasies money for his school, he takes time out in the city he coaches in, and least of all, he wins.

I hope he turns the Tech program around, also, Tech is playing in the Hoosier or IU classic in 2003, it takes place in Bloomington, ought to be fun.
    Up Front Fanatics.......................................... .................................................. .........................................I never met a man does'nt owe somebody somethin

"They had me at fuck off".....Track 5 talking bout Glenn and Seenbad when he first posted at the links!

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

He's already showing that he is still a jackass. He just threw 3 members of the Texas Tech team off the team and another team member quit, so things are going well in his first week. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panama Dog:
    He's already showing that he is still a jackass. He just threw 3 members of the Texas Tech team off the team and another team member quit, so things are going well in his first week. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has to do with drug testing. He asked for all of his players to take a drug test. For some odd reason, these four are no longer on the team. Go figure. BTW, this was told to me this morning by someone who I KNOW is not talking shit. Take it for what it's worth. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.