Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

So did anyone else get hooked on this marathon yesterday? I did and with great delight, got to see that beautiful nymph Paige Davis! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Man, she is SO hot! I'm sure any other guy who's seen the show will attest to that. :drool:

However, is it just me or do a lot of the female designers seem to throw themselves at the husbands they're working with? Both me and my wife have noticed this quite a bit...especially with Hildy. (BTW, she is also quite a hottie for an slightly older woman.)

Anyway, the show in and of itself is cool. Good idea for a marathon if you're sick of watching a bunch of old claymation Christmas specials. :rudolphsshinynewyear: :nestorthelongeareddonkey:
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I'll occasionally watch the show and it is fairly interesting if their's nothing better on tv. Paige is a good looking gal but I think she recently got hitched. The old host that used to do the show was also extremely attractive, can't remember her name though.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    However, is it just me or do a lot of the female designers seem to throw themselves at the husbands they're working with? Both me and my wife have noticed this quite a bit...especially with Hildy. (BTW, she is also quite a hottie for an slightly older woman.)
    well...figure most of the guys in the interior design biz don't dig women...she probably loves working with a straight guy every now and then...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i despise that show. every woman i know is in love with that show, and i can't stand it. interior design is not my bag, baby...

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight"
    Last Online

02.07.09 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Now that we are parents and find ourselves at home more, my wife and I have gotten into a habit of watching Trading Spaces on Saturday nights. I'm an architect, so I find the creativity that those designers have with a limited budget to be pretty inspiring.

I also love the episodes where the people will say "We want anything BUT _____" and the designer gives them ______. I love the reactions. I saw one woman break into tears and have to leave the room. CLASSIC!

Anyway, yes I think Paige is a hottie, but she can get on my nerves a little. And call me crazy, but I got a little thing for Amy the carpenter. There's just something about a woman with power tools. And besides, my wife thinks Ty the carpenter is cute, so I have to level the playing field somehow!
    "Life sucks...get a fucking helmet!" - Denis Leary<br /><br />"Here's how I come up with my song titles...say you write a song about a chandelier...the chandelier puts out light...the light is red...red is the color you're not supposed to wear around a bull...so you call the song "Cow". - Billy Corgan

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My wife loves that show. I watch it with her occasionally. My favorite episode is the one where lady cried because she was so disappointed with her room. What an idiot.
    You can have that annoying host - she does nothing for me. The original host (I think her name was Alex) was so much hotter. And Genivieve is definitely do-able. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I've seen a couple of episodes where the women have either broken down or gotten REAL angry at the designers. The one that was the best was where the couple wearing green TS jerseys saw their room, the lady burst into tears and left the room and the husband, big joweled fellow, just shook his head like "this will not work". The look on his face was great...in a morbid sort of way.

The other one was when a couple started arguing with that designer named Doug about putting a stripe on a wood floor. THAT was good. You could just feel the tension in the air.

And yes...Amy Wynne is another hottie! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 552 Times in 332 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

That guy Doug argues with all of his couples. He's kind of an idiot. I never watched it until I was stuck with nothing else on for a weekend while they were doing a marathon. Probably saw like 20 episodes.

I think we are all talking about the same couple when the woman walked out crying. Funny thing about it was that the room was one of the better ones Doug has ever done. Gave them a real nice, modern, classy room. The guy just looked around and said "I see a bunch of firewood". I thought those two had no class at all. Why on earth did they agree to do it in the first place?

Some funny shit on that show here and there.

[ December 27, 2002, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Incredible Edible Dude ]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by P1:
    I think her name was Alex
    It was.

She annoys me.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, it was the couple who had this hideous fireplace in the corner of the room and they left a "DO NOT PAINT" sign on it when they left their house. I'm sorry, but that thing HAD to be fixed. The designer came up with the idea of building a false front for it (thank goodness!). I was glad to see her balling...if they weren't willing for a change, they shouldn't have gone on the show.

Did anyone see the one recently where Doug was doing a little boy's room and he actually put 2 car halves in it? That was ridiculous!

I wonder how many friendships are damaged because of that show.
    "Life sucks...get a fucking helmet!" - Denis Leary<br /><br />"Here's how I come up with my song titles...say you write a song about a chandelier...the chandelier puts out light...the light is red...red is the color you're not supposed to wear around a bull...so you call the song "Cow". - Billy Corgan

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Yeah, I thought the whole 2 cars in a room thing was a bit much, even for a kid. But what really got me on that particular episode was that other designer who thought it'd be such a great idea to do a military couple's home in CAMO!! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

It's like, they have to be surrounded by camoflauge all day long. Why in the world would you think they'd want it in their home? It's like a guy who works at McDonald's wants a big gold "M" on his living room wall.

That woman was also the one who came up with the "Egyptian" bedroom. What a looney.

"I see a bunch of firewood". What a classic line!

I've also wondered if any of the couples' friendships have been affected advesely. You have to think there'd be a few hard feelings on some of those rooms.

This weekend, Hildy is doing up a bathroom in all flowers??? I'm gonna be sick.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ugh! That flower bathroom has disaster written all over it!

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Yeah, I thought the whole 2 cars in a room thing was a bit much, even for a kid. But what really got me on that particular episode was that other designer who thought it'd be such a great idea to do a military couple's home in CAMO!! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

It's like, they have to be surrounded by camoflauge all day long. Why in the world would you think they'd want it in their home? It's like a guy who works at McDonald's wants a big gold "M" on his living room wall.

That woman was also the one who came up with the "Egyptian" bedroom. What a looney.

"I see a bunch of firewood". What a classic line!

I've also wondered if any of the couples' friendships have been affected advesely. You have to think there'd be a few hard feelings on some of those rooms.

This weekend, Hildy is doing up a bathroom in all flowers??? I'm gonna be sick.
    I also thought the cars were too much. Where could the kid even play? The Camo also sucked big time. Me and my wife teach and would hate to see a wall redone as a chalkboard in our house.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

...I've also wondered if any of the couples' friendships have been affected advesely. You have to think there'd be a few hard feelings on some of those rooms.
    What about the couples that build something totally awesome for the other couple, and they get left with a crappy room? My wife and I say they stop being frineds over some of the screwups, but then there are those who actually have a much better room afterwards [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I must say though, most of those rooms are a lot better off after the show than they were before. I always wonder if you get to choose your designer, or if it is just luck of the draw.

The other thing about this show is all of the cheap knock-offs that are starting to pop up everywhere. They have that "While You Were Out" show that is also on TLC (I'm not a fan of that one) and the "Rock The House" thing on VH1 (pretty cool idea). I am waiting for one of the big networks to come up with their own version and proclaim it as the greatest idea ever. You know it's coming!