Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Do you think that if Bin Laden was behind this, like evidence is beginning to show, and we killed him or we retaliated, that there would be more terrorist attacks on the US in response to our retaliation?
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Under normal circumstances of course there would. That's why if and when the US or other countries decide it's time for payback they have to do it with extreme force. They have to throw so much fire power at them, or cripple them internally, so that they have no chance to recriminate.
    It's fine to say they'll be paid back, but these bastards are maniacs with no regard for life, their own or anyone elses. They've made that more than obvious. If there's only a half ass attempt made at payback they'll see it as a victory and try harder the next time.
    Dropping a bomb on someone's stronghold or setting up sanctions won't do a damn thing.
    If this was seen as an act of war, then it should be treated as such. Show them the same regard that they've shown and turn their fuckin city into a basketball court.
    I've actually heard that there were moslems laughing and dancing in the streets "in the US", in a town called Patterson. I'd like to see those fuckers do that here.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

06.07.06 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think we will always be dealing with terrorists at different points in time, but no matter who did this we have to respond with full force against these cowards and the shit-hole nations that harbor them. What they did yesterday was an act of war and calls on this great nation to respond. We can't back down to a bunch of spineless bastards who attack thousands of innocent Americans and then run away and hide! They can't retaliate after they've been wiped off the face of the earth!!! As I'm writing this I'm just getting more and more pissed off. We have to make them curse the day they ever thought about doing this! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    My name is Bond. Astrobond.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Bin Laden has apparently denied it. It's weird - the atrocities were so well-planned that this story of a "flying Manual" being found in a car being rented by Arabs in Boston almost smells of a red herring.

I've seen IRA terrorism up close in London - not on this scale but still scary. The thing is that terrorists almost always claim responsibility, that's the whole point of "terror". They want people to know they did it and why they did it. The other thing about terrorism is that for every terrorist you kill, you create ten more. I've seen this happen too, the IRA sets off bombs in London and Belfast - but when there is a show of force or strength by the military they become the villains. Ordinary peace loving people join the "cause".

It's a different situation obviously - I'm certainly not saying there shouldn't be a very strong response, quite the opposite. But to answer your question - if the American response is seen or perceived to kill "innocent" bystanders along with the guilty then yes there willinevitably be more terrorist acts planned. Whether they can be pulled off with the audacity of yesterday is another question, but the threat won't go away.
    Delusions of eloquence

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:
    Bin Laden has apparently denied it. It's weird - the atrocities were so well-planned that this story of a "flying Manual" being found in a car being rented by Arabs in Boston almost smells of a red herring.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is true. Something like this was planned out for months. To pick the right day where they can get on flights close enough to each other to accomplish this. About Bin Laden, of course he's gonna deny it. Everyone denies it when they do something wrong. They point at someone else. This guy is probably surprized he was able to make this much of an impact. Most of his previous attempts failed. Also, he's done so much shit since 1990, it's enough to put any Joe Shmo to death 5 times over. This guy has already said he wants all Americans dead, and this dude has a real problem. I'm putting money on it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I've seen IRA terrorism up close in London - not on this scale but still scary. The thing is that terrorists almost always claim responsibility, that's the whole point of "terror". They want people to know they did it and why they did it. The other thing about terrorism is that for every terrorist you kill, you create ten more. I've seen this happen too, the IRA sets off bombs in London and Belfast - but when there is a show of force or strength by the military they become the villains. Ordinary peace loving people join the "cause".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you referring to the attack on American facilities in London? That's one more thing he's done.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It's a different situation obviously - I'm certainly not saying there shouldn't be a very strong response, quite the opposite. But to answer your question - if the American response is seen or perceived to kill "innocent" bystanders along with the guilty then yes there willinevitably be more terrorist acts planned. Whether they can be pulled off with the audacity of yesterday is another question, but the threat won't go away.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. But, you can't be paranoid and worry about the threat. There's a threat everytime you walk out the door every morning. Whether it be a car accident, or driving over a bridge and it collapses, or what have you. Thing is, we don't think about it, and that's a good thing. But you have to continue with life. This is sad, and whether you're English, Scottish, French, American, or whatever...this hits home. If something like this can happen to the USA, think of how easy it could be to do this with any other country.

Bottom line...the USA will now get to see who exactly our friends are, and who our friends "ain't". Who's sticking with us!!??

My girlfriend is scared that I'll get drafted. LOL. She loves me.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimPabs1:

Yeah. But, you can't be paranoid and worry about the threat. There's a threat everytime you walk out the door every morning. Whether it be a car accident, or driving over a bridge and it collapses, or what have you. Thing is, we don't think about it, and that's a good thing.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree absolutely, like I said I've been through this before. I lived in London during one year when the IRA was really active - the closed down the whole subway system very time someone forgot a bag on a train. But life went on, it has to - and if you start getting paranoid about anything and everything then the terrorists have won.

I don't know that it's clear that Bin Laden would automatically deny it. Like I said, the whole point of terrorism is usually to make a point. Of course the threat of retaliation is on the surface a good reason to deny it. But whoever did it, didn't even seem to care about sending their own people on suicide missions, I doubt whether they care about people in their own countries being bombed. They probably welcome it.

Hey, chances are it is Bin Laden - but he's going to be *very* hard to find and kill. He probably hopes the US does bomb Afghanistan - it's going to bring new people (and possibly nations) over to his "cause". Look at Iran - not my favourite country by any stretch, but they are actively anti-Taliban and anti-Bin Laden. But which side are they going to take if the US bombs Kabul - I'd guess the muslim side but it's hard to say.

Don't mistake what I'm saying as being - The US should be careful or fair in their response - far from it. It would be nice to head off terrorism with diplomacy but once it's happened, especially on this level, that simply isn't an option. My point is that it doesn't end with a US response no matter how massive it is - short of nuking every country that may have slight anti-American sentiments. I hope we all understand that that won't happen.
    Delusions of eloquence

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Here's what I think.

We're gonna have so much support it's not even funny. You figure you'll have the UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, India, Israel, and maybe even Russia.

I think China will stay out of it, mainly because it's none of their business, and they're already considered in the dog house. I'm actually surprized that there hasn't even been a response from Iraq. I think they'd be dumb to get into the mix, but I think it's inevidable that we're gonna hear some noise coming from Baghdad.

[ September 12, 2001 at 10:54 AM: Message edited by: TimPabs1 ]

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

there needs to be huge response...think about it.. they flew fucking jumbo jets into the trade towers. fucking passenger jets thats insane !!! think about it.....doesnt seem real its so crazy. this is an act of war on the u.s. civillians and goverment.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick S:
    there needs to be huge response...think about it.. they flew fucking jumbo jets into the trade towers. fucking passenger jets thats insane !!! think about it.....doesnt seem real its so crazy. this is an act of war on the u.s. civillians and goverment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. This wasn't a remote control airplane. Can you image what those people were thinking on the planes? Can you image what the people in the WTC were thinking. Sitting at your computer posting on a messageboard or checking email...looking out you window, and here comes a fucking airplane!!!! Hello! This is indeed...a major hit. This isn't supposed to happen.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimPabs1:
    Here's what I think.

We're gonna have so much support it's not even funny. You figure you'll have the UK
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This much is inevitable - and right.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_...00/1539562.stm

"The number of British casualties caught up in the terrorist attacks in the US could run into hundreds, Downing Street has said. "

"In an unprecedented move the US National Anthem will be played during a special changing of the guard ceremony to be held at Buckingham Palace at 1130BST on Thursday. "

[ September 12, 2001 at 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan ]
    Delusions of eloquence

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Looks like we have the Chinese agreeing to help fight terrorism too.

And that's pretty nice that the US National Anthem being played at Buckingham Palace.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i heard on the news yesterday that most of the afghan population is also scared to death of bin laden. i don't think that nuking the hell out of the whole country is the best approach.
    i wouldn't be surprised if it was an iraqi attack, or a palestinian attack, although i have trouble imagining who could finance an attack on behalf of the palestinians.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If Bin Laden was the shithole who funded the attack, I still don't believe he was in on it alone. At least one other country and orginization was in on it. It was much too well coordinated and planned, and there would have had to be inside help of some sort to put a plan like that into place over a long period of time.
    There's more information coming in now that the White House is starting to tabulate.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you're probably right tribb. the more i think about it, the more i lean towards iraq.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laner:
    i don't think that nuking the hell out of the whole country is the best approach.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one ever mentioned nuclear warfare. Careful how you use that.....