Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by cloudieskie:
    I wouldn't be so quick to rule it out

i have my share of creepy but true stories.

I wonder why he would appear to you though. Maybe he needed closure?
    Yeah, did you borrow his weed whacker or something? Maybe he wanted to show you the little girl he burried in the backyard in '69....

bk
    A headless body in a topless bar...

Test5150
    I can't get rid of the mental image of Axxman sitting there whispering "I see dead people"

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

haley joel axxman. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The last nine months of my life have been incredibly stressful what with trying to find a job of any kind and dealing with a back injury. I took a job as a front desk manager because they were the only people out of thirty or so places I'd applied to. The last six weeks I've been training for night audit and working the 3:00pm to 11:00pm shift. The shift isn't bad but I never feel like I can get anything done and I have to drive my mother to work at 6:30 am because her car crapped out.

To the story...

Around the time that my shift changed a water pipe under my house broke.(Another has broken and I'll fix that obe too) So after a trip to the hardware store I fix it. I go to the water main to turn on the water and I look up and see my neighbor, Mr D., standing by his storage shed. He says "Hello, young man.." and we talk a bit. I notice that he looks great considering that he'd been having heart problem which included two reacent surgeries. So I tell him how good he's looking and I ask him how his heart is and he tells me that it no longer bothers him. We make some more small talk then head our seperate ways.
    A week ago,Saturday, I got home at 1:30 am after finishing a night audit training session and I'm standing in my kitchen brushing my teeth. Through the kitchen window I can see Mr D. working at his work bench, the windows are about 15 feet apart. He looks up at me and smiles and waves, I then nod and wave back. Then it was off to bed.

The following Tuesday I'm doing some more repair work and I see two guys and a woman standing in front of Mr D's house. I need to ask him about using his ladder anyway so I aproach them and introduce myself. I say "Hey, I gotta ask Mr D if I can use his ladder", they look at eachother and then look at me and tell me that Mr D passed away. I think 'Oh Jeezus" and go on about how sorry I was and all. "I saw him last Saturday and he looked great, I thought his heart was better" and at this they get this strange look on their faces and one of them says "Are you sure you saw him last Saturday?" and I say yes and walk them to the side of the house and show them how close the windows are. I then tell them that he'd told me that his heart didn't bother him anymore and one guy gets kind of pissy and asks me when Mr D told me that and I tell him it was about six weeks ago.

These guys proceed to tell me that Mr D died in February.

Now it's my turn to tell them that they are full of shit 'cuz I just saw Mr D last Saturday night and I'm threatening to call the cops so I can get to the bottom of this. Just then the neighbor, who lives on the other side of Mr D, hearing me go ballistic on some very nice people, comes over and confirms that Mr D had passed away back in February....sooo, I apologize and shake hands and they're cool about the whole thing exept ofcourse,me seeing their friend and talking to him four and five months after he'd died.

I'm so tired that this little event hasn't freaked me out as much as I thought it would, maybe because Mr D looked so comfortable.

This is 100% true and wheather you believe it or not is your problem. If I see him again I'll ask him when the next Van Halen album is coming out and who's the lead singer. Or maybe this time I'll scream like an eight year old girl and run for the hills.

[ August 18, 2002, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Axxman300 ]
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

BULLSHIT. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wouldn't be so quick to rule it out

i have my share of creepy but true stories.

I wonder why he would appear to you though. Maybe he needed closure?
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hmmmmmmmm

I myself and many friends of mine have experienced situations that could not easily be explained. I have seen things along with one or two other people present in the room(to which they also saw), that could not be easily explained. It's odd that I keep runing into people that experience these "paranomal" situations. well, I am a skeptic with an open mind.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by Axxman300:

The last nine months of my life have been incredibly stressful
    *ding ding ding*

[img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

This is 100% true and wheather you believe it or not is your problem.
    Actually, if this is true, than it's yours.

I don't have ghosts talking to me. LOL

(Well, not often, anyway... )
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

WOW. Very interesting and creepy. I can't say that I've experienced anything like you did Axxman but I have had siutautions of deja vu before. I think to myself that this seems familiar and it almost seems as if I'm repeating a specific experience I had already gone through. It's happened on maybe 5 or 6 occasions but I just chalk it up to BS.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The thing that really gets me is that some of my free time is spent as a ghost hunter. My job is search the library microfilm file for property records, death certificates and related news stories so I though I was "Billy Badass" when it came to spooks.

I only saw this guy once or twice a month as it was and he was a big help as far as giving me points on home repair and house painting. I'd see him as I pulled into my driveway or I'd see him working on his house. There was nothing out of the ordinary with the two encounters that lead me to suspect anything out of the ordinary, no icy cold breeze and no hairs standing up on the back of my neck. I just shot the shit with my neighbor as I had many times before. Hell, I almost called the sheriffs on the folks who are taking care of his house.

Once again, I just thought I'd share this with you guys and no I still don't give a flying rat's ass if you believe me or not. In fact on this board I understand the synasism what with the weekly "Dave is Back" and "Sammy's Back" rumors and all the other assorted BS that ends up on here.

Have a good one.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oh, and one other thing...

How come people who see stuff like this never see anything cool? How come I didn't see Jimi Hendrix? or Randy Rhoads? Or for that matter Cindy Crawford in a thong? If this is all in my head then that's what I should have seen because that is, in fact , ALL that is in my head. I understand sleep deprivation and it's effects and I also understand stress and the things that it can do with your judgement. If this is some kind of synaptic discharge then why wouldn't my brain create something that would relax me or get me off? Instead I got a brief convestaion on the weather, plumbing and health. Nothing profound, no great wisdom infact I didn't even get a warning about the other pipe that was going to go.

If people see only what they want to see then why didn't I get to see Jim Morrison? John Belushi? George Harrison?

Sorry, just venting.

My Blog:

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Axxman300:
    Oh, and one other thing...

How come people who see stuff like this never see anything cool? How come I didn't see Jimi Hendrix? or Randy Rhoads? Or for that matter Cindy Crawford in a thong? If this is all in my head then that's what I should have seen because that is, in fact , ALL that is in my head. I understand sleep deprivation and it's effects and I also understand stress and the things that it can do with your judgement. If this is some kind of synaptic discharge then why wouldn't my brain create something that would relax me or get me off? Instead I got a brief convestaion on the weather, plumbing and health. Nothing profound, no great wisdom infact I didn't even get a warning about the other pipe that was going to go.

If people see only what they want to see then why didn't I get to see Jim Morrison? John Belushi? George Harrison?

Sorry, just venting.
    I can tell you one thing man, Ghosts do exist. This is based on my own experience of course. So chill out buddy, it's kool.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Not too sure what to think about this one, Axxman, but I had a somewhat startling incident a few years ago when my dad died.

It was after the funeral and the funeral director came up to me and said "I thought you or your mother might want to have this". He dropped my dad's wedding ring into my hand.

I didn't really know what to think about it, but we were on our way into the church of a dinner for the family the church had prepared for us. Anyway, I stopped off at the bathroom to comb my hair and freshen up a bit. I put my dad's ring on my finger for safe keeping.

As I was finishing up combing my hair, my dad's ring and the finger I was wearing it on BOTH began to vibrate vigorously, like a current was passing thru them both. I was a little freaked out by this, naturally.

It only lasted a few seconds but a part of me wonders if it was some sort of "soul vibration" of my dad's leaving that ring for the last time or a way of him saying goodbye to me for one last time...

Either way, it wasn't your everyday type of experience, much like your story Axxman. Just think of it as a way Mr D was saying goodbye to you, whether he really was or not.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

You kids these days are all on dope...*crotchety old man voice*
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

Yes, that is a creepy story. I try to keep an open mind with things like that but it's tough. My wife will love this story because she has an open mind about things like this.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com