Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Episode III Title Scoop & Returning Cast
    Thursday, January 9, 2003 11:51 CST

TheForce.net received details about the possible title for Star Wars: Episode III...

Keep your eyes open throughout Episode II, there's deliberate story linkages that will be used in Episode 3. But here's the stuff I promised you: I was told some of the working title names for Episode 3 that are currently doing the rounds at JAK Productions and Lucasfilm. The most popular one right now is a title with the word 'circle' in it, as in something Vader said 'the circle is complete.'

The official website also answers a question about which cast members will return for the final film.

Look for most of the actors from Episode II to return with the story focusing on the characters played by Hayden Christensen (Anakin), Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan), Natalie Portman (Padmé) and Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine).

[ January 16, 2003, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Ving Rhames to Star as Kojak!
    Friday, January 10, 2003 12:32 CST

According to Variety, Ving Rhames has agreed to take the title role, Lt. Theo Kojak, in a re-envisioning of the classic "Kojak" police drama for USA Network. The movies are to be distributed by USA's sister Vivendi Universal company, USA Cable Entertainment.

The late Telly Savalas originated the crime fighter role in the TV series, which last aired on ABC in 1990 but spent the majority of its run on CBS, where it debuted in 1973.

Rhames just completed a multi-episode arc of "The District" and stars in the upcoming Barry Levinson film Envy for DreamWorks, as well as Ron Shelton's Dark Blue for MGM. He earned a Golden Globe Award for his portrayal of Don King in HBO's "Don King: Only in America".

Deals with both a top writer and director are in the works for the project, which will start out as a two-hour telepic, with an option to do a series of movies.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Brad Pitt Aboard The Madman of Alcatraz
    Friday, January 10, 2003 12:22 CST

Warner Bros. Pictures has made a deal with Vanity Fair writer-turned-scribe Ned Zeman to write the script for The Madman of Alcatraz.

Variety reports that Brad Pitt will produce the project, with an eye to star in the drama based on the true story of the psychiatrist who treated Robert Stroud, Alcatraz's notorious Birdman.

Burt Lancaster received an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of the avian-loving criminal in 1963's The Birdman of Alcatraz. However, according to Zeman's research, the true story was not of a killer reformed through his love of birds but of a dangerous sociopath who used his pets as a ruse to gain sympathy and trust.

The film would examine the relationship between the birdman and his shrink, who spent two years with him on the island, and in the process, nearly lost his own sanity.

Zeman is also working with Revolution Studios and Bruce Willis on a film based on Zeman's Vanity Fair article about a woman's decadelong quest to pin a murder on Robert Durst, an heir to a Gotham real estate empire. Zeman is writing that script with Daniel Bernstein.

Zeman and Bernstein also penned Emperor Zehnder, based on Zeman's article about Bruno P. Zehnder. Richard Gere is attached to star as a penguin photographer who struggled with the difficulty of being an artist in Antarctica as well as keeping that part of the world free from human influence.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Teen Titans Moved Back to August
    Friday, January 10, 2003 12:49 CST

Despite announcing earlier this week that Teen Titans would kick-off on Cartoon Network May 30, the show's debut has now been moved back to August, and the date & time are yet to be determined. Here's how the network describes the show...

Set in a future where the Earth is involved in intergalactic affairs and skirmishes, Robin leads a group of young teen superheroes to form Earth's line of defense against these alien threats. However, they're still teenagers and their personalities often clash with each other, so they have to overcome these obstacles in order to grow as a team.

Thanks to Animation Insider.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

More Info on The Hulk Super Bowl Spot?
    Thursday, January 9, 2003 5:45 CST

The Hulkmovie.com fansite received the following scoop about the upcoming Super Bowl TV Spot...

Obviously they aren't showing his face in the poster because you will see bits and pieces of the beast during the Superbowl via commercials for Mountain Dew. The trailer is two and a half min's long and is off the charts!!! Hulk fans will not be disappointed. The special effects, lighting and movement of the Hulk blows the mind away.

A TV Spot plus Mountain Dew commercials? Sounds like this is a Super Bowl not to miss! Meanwhile, the site also got unconfirmed news about another name change in the film.

Bruce Banners assistant's name is Harper. It is Harper's program that causes the lab accident. Harper is saved when Bruce Banner pulls him from the harmful radiation. The character of Harper is being played by Kevin Rankin. The same actor from "Undeclared" and "The Apostle".

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Black Crowes guitarist Rich Robinson has dubbed his new band "Hookah Brown," and plans to break in the ensemble with an eight-date tour to launch January 21st in Baltimore.
    In addition to Robinson on guitar and vocals, Hookah Brown features drummer Bill Dobrow, and a pair of British musicians, bassist Fionn O'Lochlainn and singer John Hogg. Hogg, formerly of Moke, also serves as co-writer (with Robinson) on the band's material. Robinson formed the band after the Crowes' announced their hiatus in January of 2001.

"I think towards the end it was just so fuckin' miserable," Robinson told Rolling Stone last year of the Crowes' break. "Everyone was fighting, especially me and Chris, and then Chris and Steve [drummer Gorman] . . . [Now] I can branch out and do things we might not have done, more poppy things."

The group has yet to sign with a label, but it will perform several new tracks including "Cut the World," "Stand Up," "Rude to Me" and "When You Will." "One of my goals is to keep Hookah Brown a four-piece," Robinson says. "I don't want to try and remake the Black Crowes. I want to take what I learned and try it in a different context."

Hookah Brown tour dates:

1/21: Baltimore, Fletcher's
    1/22: Philadelphia, North Star
    1/23: New York, Bowery Ballroom
    1/25: Asbury Park, NJ, Stone Pony
    1/26: Uncasville, CT, Mohegan Sun
    1/29: Ithaca, NY, The Haunt
    1/30: Northampton, MA, Iron Horse Music Hall
    1/31: Cambridge, MA, House of Blues

ANDREW DANSBY
    (January 9, 2003)

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

STEVE VAI To Issue Collection Of Rarities - Jan. 9, 2003

STEVE VAI is in the process of finalizing the licensing agreements for the next installments of "The Secret Jewel Box Set - Archives Vol. 3 and Vol. 4". These two discs compile all the music Steve has contributed to other projects and records, and include the often-elusive bonus tracks appearing on Japanese releases. Also included are the "In From the Storm" Jimi Hendrix tribute performances with the London Symphony Orchestra, "Queen of the Night" from "Angelica", the track "The Rumble" from "Songs of West Side Story" with Chick Corea, plus a lot more.

The complete track listing for the two discs is as follows:

"Archives Vol. 3"

01. Speed
    02. Rumble
    03. Queen of the Night
    04. Western Vacation
    05. Dirty Love
    06. Can't Afford No Shoes
    07. I Promise Not To Cum In Your Mouth
    08. Let it Go
    09. Funk Me Tender
    10. Axis, Bold As Love
    11. Drifting
    12. Feed My Frankenstein
    13. SuperGirl

"Archives Vol. 4"

01. Just Cartilage
    02. The Murder
    03. San San Na Na Bioshi
    04. Selfless Love
    05. Maple Leafs
    06. Fool For Your Lovin' (Vai Voltage Mix)
    07. Sofa
    08. Rise
    09. Ease
    10. Home
    11. Autumn in Nepal
    12. There's Still Hope
    13. Sweet Lady Luck

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

IRON MAIDEN Producer Offers Another Recording Update - Jan. 10, 2003

IRON MAIDEN producer Kevin Shirley, who is currently working with the band at a London studio on their as-yet-untitled follow-up to 2000's "Brave New World", has posted the following recording update via his official web site:

"IRON MAIDEN/London. Got in to the studio yesterday [Jan. 9] at 11.30am. [Vocalist] Bruce [Dickinson] was the last to arrive, and then he went out and sang fucking great straight off the bat! Cut a great, typical 8-minute MAIDEN song, which sounds just fantastic. A little rehearsal and take-off! First take was interrupted by Steve [Harris] after about 5 minutes, as he was struggling with his headphone mix. Then take 2 was fantastic, as was T3, and I thought we had it, but they started a take 4 anyway, which someone screwed up, and which wasn't nearly as good, and as I felt we had it in the bag, I had the fellas come and listen. They were dripping with sweat! Turns out T3 was the winner, and we spliced in the second verse from T2, as well as the last verse and chorus, Steve preferring them to T3, but they were both really good. He has great instincts and has guided this band successfully for nearly 25 years, so I pay very close attention to what he likes, but am not backward in coming forward with my opinions either. This album sounds so strong, and it is a rare gem to be in the studio with them when they cut such strong tracks live, all performing at the same time! Had a similar feeling when AEROSMITH would jam in the studio while we were making 'Nine Lives', without the tension! Called Jimmy Page to sing him 'Happy Birthday', and got him cutting the cake with his family. What a superstar he is, the biggest, brightest genius of Rock, EVER, in my not-so-humble opinion. Left the studio about 8pm, utterly shagged out, and was well exhausted when I hit the sack about 11, only to wake at 4.30am with my computer still on my belly, having gone to sleep before even undressing! Think I need a woman around! [img]smile.gif[/img] Hope this posting satisfies you rabid MAIDEN fans out there! It's the least I can do for not actually being Martin (The Teen Idol) Birch!! Cheers!"

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Terminator 3 Borrows Electron Gun Design
    Friday, January 10, 2003 10:45 CST

It turns out Terminator 3 will be utilizing some real world high technology, but not necessarily in the effects. The Nashua Telegraph reports:

Part of the inspiration for the labs and equipment in the new Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, “Terminator 3 – Rise of the Machines,” came from Kimball Physics.

Dr. Charles “Chuck” Crawford, founder of Kimball Physics, wasn’t sure how or where the set designers came across an electron gun manufactured by the company for NASA. But they had, and they wanted to put that ominous-looking gun in Schwarzenegger’s hands.

“They (the movie people) contacted us quite a while ago,” Crawford said recently. “They wanted to lease a couple of our electron guns. We were concerned that if we sent them one, it would get damaged – they are quite expensive. If I’d thought, what we should have done was send them one with no insides.”

Instead he sent them pictures and specs of the gun so the movie people could build a model. Crawford also sent photographs of the Kimball Physics labs.

One of the electron guns was sitting on a table in the conference room during an interview. It was a shiny, silvery, very futuristic-looking high-tech weapon about 4 feet long, looking like something straight out of the “Terminator” films.

“It looks dangerous because it is,” Crawford said, explaining that this one was “a small one, only about 100,000 volts.”

Visit the link above for more! Thanks to 'Archangel' for the alert!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

I have yet to meet anyone who thinks T3 looks promising. I was amped after the first 'teaser trailer' with the liquid metal & the old theme song, but the latest trailer just makes it look like it is gonna suck, HARD!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Majestic:
    I have yet to meet anyone who thinks T3 looks promising. I was amped after the first 'teaser trailer' with the liquid metal & the old theme song, but the latest trailer just makes it look like it is gonna suck, HARD!
    Not to mention they're going to play it "safe" by going for a PG-13 rating (or so I've heard.)
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AUDIOSLAVE Line Up First Full U.S. Tour - Jan. 10, 2003

AUDIOSLAVE, the band formed by former members of RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE and SOUNDGARDEN singer Chris Cornell, have lined up their first full U.S tour.

All of the upcoming concerts, beginning with a Feb. 21 date in Denver, Colorado, have been booked in small venues so the crowd will be able to experience the band's music on a more intimate level than they would at an arena. Also, the shows are all-ages and the tickets are general admission, so anyone who arrives early enough can rock from the front row.

Upcoming AUDIOSLAVE tour dates are as follows:

Feb. 21 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore
    Feb. 23 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
    Feb. 24 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
    Feb. 26 - Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
    Feb. 27 - Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
    Feb. 28 - Detroit, MI @ State Theater
    Mar. 01 - Toronto, ON @ Koolhaus
    Mar. 03 - Boston, MA @ Avalon Ballroom
    Mar. 04 - Boston, MA @ Avalon Ballroom
    Mar. 06 - New York, NY @ Roseland
    Mar. 07 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
    Mar. 09 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
    Mar. 11 - Austin, TX @ Music Hall
    Mar. 12 - Dallas, TX @ Bronco Bowl
    Mar. 14 - Phoenix, AZ @ Mesa Amphitheater
    Mar. 15 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
    Mar. 17 - Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium
    Mar. 19 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theater
    Mar. 20 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theater
    Mar. 22 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theater

AUDIOSLAVE's self-titled debut, which dropped on Nov. 19 via Epic Records, has already been certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments of more than 500,000 copies in the U.S.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AEROSMITH/KISS Summer Tour Back On? - Jan. 10, 2003

The joint AEROSMITH and KISS tour is apparently back on for this summer, according to Launch. Promoters are said to be reporting that the two bands are currently putting together an itinerary that is likely to play mostly in arenas, although some stadium dates are also possible.

When asked about the possibility of an AEROSMITH/KISS pairing late last year, AEROSMITH guitarist Brad Whitford confirmed that talks had taken place of a possible joint summer tour, but indicated that he didn't think it was likely to happen. "The truth to the rumor is that KISS would like us to do the show with them," he said at the time. "AEROSMITH's just not that keen on doing the package. I think it's much higher on their wish list than it is ours. I think it might be a good package, and I wouldn't be surprised if maybe a coupla shows did happen — maybe a couple of shows somewhere did happen with KISS and AEROSMITH — but as far as I know, we're not planning on doing that. It doesn't do anything for us. We just don't think it's the right way to go, for us."

KISS guitarist/singer Paul Stanley was equally non-committal last year when asked about the rumors of a KISS/AEROSMITH package. "We're in this enviable position that we're still finishing up our farewell tour, and we've already had about two million people say, 'Don't stop,'" Stanley said. "And at that point, we're kind of scratching our heads and wondering what we're going to do next, so we're really kind of keeping our options open. If the right situation came along, anything's possible."

Next up on KISS' agenda is a Feb. 28 show with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra in Australia, as well as three dates (March 11-13) at Budokan Hall in Tokyo. Drummer Peter Criss will be rejoining the band for these shows, while lead guitarist Ace Frehley has indicated that he has no plans to return to the group at this time.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Maurice Gibb, one-third of the classic disco trio the Bee Gees, was recuperating Friday in a Miami hospital after undergoing emergency intestinal surgery, his manager told Reuters. The 53-year-old singer, who lives in Miami, suffered stomach pains on Wednesday and was rushed to Miami's Mount Sinai Medical Center, where doctors found an intestinal blockage. ''It was completely out of the blue,'' manager Carol Peters told Reuters. ''No pains or anything beforehand, just all of a sudden, boom.''

The hospital listed Gibb in critical but stable condition. Peters said Gibb had ''opened his eyes, wiggled his toes and feet, so it's good.'' But a spokesperson for twin brother Robin was less sanguine, releasing a statement that said, ''We are awaiting a full medical prognosis ... but everyone is very, very worried.''

Maurice Gibb, who plays bass and keyboards for the trio, has performed with brothers Robin and Barry for more than 40 years. The Bee Gees' most recent album, ''This Is Where I Came In,'' was released in 2001.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Police find lost Beatles session tapes. British and Dutch cops recover some 500 recordings of the ''Let It Be'' sessions that had gone missing for 30 years by Gary Susman

Attention, music pirates: It may take years, even decades, but authorities will eventually find you and bust you. That's the lesson after a year-long joint probe by British and Dutch police led to the arrests of five suspected thieves (whose names were not released) and the discovery in Amsterdam of a hoard of rare Beatles session recordings that had been missing for 30 years. There were some 500 tapes, Dutch authorities told the Associated Press, and they appear to be recordings made during the fractious 1969 ''Get Back'' sessions that ultimately yielded the ''Let It Be'' movie and album, as well as many tracks never officially released.

While some of the music had been available as bootlegs over the years, the master tapes themselves had vanished in the early 1970s. ''The tapes themselves are the only original recordings made and may contain material which has never been previously released,'' London police said in a statement. ''This fact renders the tapes to be priceless to the record industry and collectors of Beatles memorabilia.'' Representatives for the surviving Beatles and their company, Apple Records, have yet to comment on the discovery.

(Posted:01/10/03)