All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Slash must be desperate.......

Former GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist Goes Disco! - July 7, 2002

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash joined disco legends CHIC and NILE RODGERS onstage at the Hollywood Bowl in Hollywood, California on June 29th for a rendition of CHIC's timeless smash "Le Freak". The performance took place as part of K-BIG 104's celebration of the Saturday Night Fever 25th Anniversary, dubbed Disco Fever.

[ July 09, 2002, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The Two Towers Movie Details!?
    Saturday, July 6, 2002 12:22 CDT

Hey folks, these rumors started at the Imladris forums so take them for what they're worth. We've heard some contradicting info compared to this report, so not all details may be accurate. But still there's a spoiler warning for those who don't know much about the story!

Okay, I went to Games Day. Today there was a lecture type thing about Lord of the Rings. Some of it focused on the games from Games Workshop, some on the movies. The guy giving the lecture had actually seen the next movie (I guess in a rough cut form).

Anyway, we got to see a special preview, with new scenes. In fact we got to see it twice, once at the beginning and once at the end.

It was funny, because at first the guy offered to answer questions about Fellowship, but said "remember, the longer we take answering questions about Fellowship the longer it will be before we can get to the footage from Two Towers." Everyone shut up, no-one asked any questions at that point.

Anyway, I asked two questions, and after I give them I will get to other things I learned either from others asking questions, footage from the films, or stuff the guy said on his own.

My first question was "Where does the movie end in relation to the book? Peter Jackson said it would end earlier, before Shelob." He would not give a direct answer, but said that if we thought the first movie had a cliffhanger, this one was even worse. He seemed to imply in different parts that Shelob was in this one, because they were discussing releasing a Shelob model, so perhaps the movie ends after they are first attacked, or Frodo is bitten and left for dead or something, I don't know. I think it will end a little earlier though.

Second question was the following: "Sorry to ask two questions, but people'll kill me if I don't ask this(I was talking about you guys!)." Anyway, I asked him "Is it true that Saruman gets spiked in the next movie?" He looked at me and responded, "No comment." The audience laughed and he went to other questions. So there you have it.

Some other tidbits picked up:

* Shadowfax will be really big. The guy said that New Line was supposed to loan them a cardboard standup of Gandalf on Shadowfax, but somehow there was a mixup and it got left in the warehouse. He said, however, that it was actual size and it was 14 feet tall. So Shadowfax is pretty big.

* The shield surfing scene is definately real. I guess this has already been confirmed but just wanted to make sure. It's not that bad, it's not really like it's really blatant in-your-face kind of "look at this!"

* The battle of Helm's Deep will be forty-five minutes, no interruptions at all.

* Haldir will appear at Helm's Deep with some Elves, contrary to the book where Legolas makes a comment about wishing his kinsman would appear. The guy giving the lecture said that it was a moving scene though: when the outer wall falls, the elves give their lives to hold up the Uruk-Hai and give the Riders time to retreat.

* On the opposite side, the battle at Isengard with the Ents will probably not be shown. The ents will be shown marching to Orthanc, and then later on you will see the results. The guy giving the presentation said that Peter will probably have extra footage of the assault on the Extended Edition, but personally I don't know if I believe this. Peter has a good idea how long the movie will run, and I doubt he actually filmed a lot of footage like this just to cut out later, but who knows.

* A lot of models for the game will be released shortly before the movie or at the same time as the movie, but Treebeard and Gollum will not be released until a while later, because New Line wants everyone to get a chance to see the movie before Treebeard and Gollum are revealed in a non-movie form(i.e. people will have to see the movie instead of just looking at the models or whatever).

* Someone asked if Gollum's origin would be revealed, and the guy didn't seem to really know for sure, but the answer seemed to be 'yes,' he said Peter figured people wouldn't remember enough of the first few minutes of the film to get confused if they re-did the story. He also said Peter wanted Gollum to be really slimy.

* Arwen will of course be at Helm's Deep, but the lecturer said it wasn't that bad and he didn't understand why everyone made a big deal out of it(someone in the audience yelled out, "Because Liv Tyler can't act!").

* The next film will have Oliphaunts and Wargs, and Games Workshop models will be made of both.

* Someone asked if Grom was to be in RotK but he didn't really know, because the film hasn't really been reviewed yet. He figures it will be, and either way they will probably make a model.

* Games Workshop has liscense to anything LotR or directly related, which means they may put out some Hobbit-based scenarios, like the Battle of Five Armies and maybe Balin in a scenario fighting with his men in Moria.

* He said Peter Jackson has said he wanted to make the Hobbit later, but he's working on two other films right now. Someone yelled out "What are they?" It got a laugh, but as it turns out the two films are actually not TT and RotK- Peter is now filming a WWI movie, that they are claiming will be "a WWI version of Saving Private Ryan." We'll see.

Also he said that Peter wanted to make the Hobbit but didn't say much because New Line wanted to see how LotR did first, and I guess Peter figured he would do the same instead of worrying about a possible 'prequel' or whatever.

* Someone asked if Peter liked the game. The lecturer said that he thinks it's kind of fun to see a game based on his movie, and he likes the models, but he's not interested in the game itself as such.

* He seemed to think Sauron would appear again in RotK in physical form, but this was an opinion since he has not seen RotK(how could he?).

* The Nazgul will appear in RotK(duh) but he hears they will look a little different.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Transformers Feature Film Coming?
    Saturday, July 6, 2002 11:58 CDT

Coming Attractions has learned that the movie rights for a Transformers feature film have been successfully acquired. A Hasbro representative confirmed to the site that the feature film rights for the property were no longer available.

What Hasbro did not reveal, however, is who now has the rights or whether the film will be animation or live-action. The question is now whether a studio, production company or just an individual has the rights to the property.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Why can't somebody admit when their career is gone......

NEWS - Jackson Just Pointing The Finger, Sony Says
    07/07/2002

(7/7/02, 7 a.m. ET) -- While Michael Jackson fans were set to protest Sony Music's treatment of their idol on Saturday (July 6), the record company maintains that they are surprised and saddened by the latest turn of events. A Sony representative told New York's Daily News, "We were surprised and saddened by Mr. Jackson's recent statements and activities. We have committed considerable financial and creative resources to the marketing and promotion of Invincible, and we are proud of the success we have had with the album."

The Sony rep continued, "Michael agreed initially to do a world tour for the album, but then he pulled back and decided not to. He's desperate to point the finger at someone other than himself."

About 1,000 Michael Jackson fans were scheduled to protest in front of Sony headquarters on Saturday and to call for a boycott of all Sony products. Jackson is said to be upset with the label because they refused to release "What More Can I Give" featuring Mariah Carey, Ricky Martin, and others, a song Jackson recorded song to help raise funds for September 11-related charities. The singer is also reportedly angry that Sony only released two singles and one video in support of the Invincible album.

Invincible has been certified double-platinum for sales of 2 million copies in the United States, and has sold an estimated 6 million copies world wide.

-- Yves Erwin Salomon, New York

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

THE CULT's IAN ASTBURY To Perform With THE DOORS - July 8, 2002

THE CULT's Ian Astbury will perform with the surviving members of THE DOORS—Ray Manzerek, Robby Krieger and John Densmore—on September 7th at the California Motor Speedway, just outside L.A. County, according to Undercover.

At this stage it is planned that Densmore will be part of the show although THE DOORS have advised fans he is not in the best of health and they will have to decide closer to the date if he is capable of performing. In the meantime, they are rehearsing with an alternate drummer just in case.

Astbury will perform most of the songs in the set but there are also a number of guest vocalists who will perform lead on some songs. Although the identities of the other singers have not yet been revealed, THE DOORS performed with STONE TEMPLE PILOTS' Scott Weiland, JANE'S ADDICTION's Perry Farrell, CREED's Scott Stapp, TRAIN's Pat Monaghan, and DAYS OF THE NEW's Travis Meeks on the VH1 Storytellers show a year ago.

The only two times THE DOORS have performed in the last 30 years were for their the rock and roll hall of fame induction and the aforementioned Storytellers special. The band's last concert was in 1972.

The one off show will be used to evaluate the next move forward. Already Robby, Ray and John are writing new material and plan to record a new album next year. They also plan a full US and European tour in 2003.
    View/Post Comments (7

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

WES BORLAND: If Any Of My Riffs End Up On The New LIMP BIZKIT Album, There Will Be A Problem - July 8, 2002

Former LIMP BIZKIT and current EAT THE DAY guitarist Wes Borland does not want any of his riffs to end up on the forthcoming BIZKIT CD and has made it clear that he would be less than thrilled if any of the incomplete ideas originally submitted by the axeman prior to his departure from the group were actually used on the next LB album. When asked recently about the fate of the unused riffs—which were apparently given to LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst on a CD shortly before Wes left the band—Borland stated that "those are still my riffs, and if they turn up somewhere besides the EAT THE DAY record there will be a problem."
    View/Post Comments (22)

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

METALLICA Celebrate Web Site Launch, "Audition" Bassists - July 8, 2002

METALLICA threw a party on Saturday, July 6th to belatedly celebrate the launch of their new web site. A hundred or so contest winners were invited, given the mandatory tours of the sites in the Bay Area, the studio and treated to seeing METALLICA bass player "auditions." 12 tried out for the coveted slot, and only two—Elena and Andrew—ended up jamming with the band. The band then took over with Bob Rock back on bass, performing the following songs:

01. Creeping Death (w/Andrew on bass)
    02. Seek & Destroy (w/Elena on bass)
    03. Commando (RAMONES cover)
    04. Hit The Lights
    05. Leper Messiah
    06. No Remorse
    07. For Whom The Bell Tolls
    08. Dead Kennedy Rolls
    09. Die, Die My Darling (MISFITS cover)

To view photos taken at the party, visit METALLICA's official web site at this location.

(Thanks: Inter Sandman)
    View/Post Comments (13)

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

MARILYN MANSON: New Bassist And I Don't Let Our Egos Limit Our Creativity - July 8, 2002

A brand new interview with MARILYN MANSON has just been posted at MansonUSA.com in which the singer discusses his rumored association with the upcoming West Memphis Three benefit album and the group's newest addition, bassist Tim Skold, among other topics. Here are some of the highlights of that conversation:

On the West Memphis Three benefit album:
    "I am not covering a BLACK FLAG song, but I would love to help the WM3 in any way I can, since I believe they are innocent. I would really like to paint the album cover, and I have suggested that."

On new bassist/co-producer Tim Skold:
    "He reminded me of the power that attitude brings to an album. His positive influence has made this album possible. I think that he, as a producer, has been the most inspiring of anyone. His attitude as a bandmate is great. He and I don't let our egos limit our creativity."

On MARILYN MANSON's forthcoming album, The Golden Age Of Grotesque:
    "I feel that I have come full circle creatively and I also think I am at a point in my career when I have the least amount of creative obstacles. This goes for my personal life which is reflected greatly in everything I create. I feel like a confident leader of a dedicated band that is willing to stand behind my decisions."

"The strange thing is that this record looks, sounds and feels like me and my home. That is, my close friends feel that it shows more of my innerself than anything I have done before. I suppose, it is my complete dedication and focus that has kept this album close to my heart. Sometimes the pressure and expectations affect your art, but I have really let my guard down and have not been afraid to go all the way. I feel like I have nothing to lose, because people have attacked me and robbed and raped me so much this music is all I have to make me alive. I am really having the time of my life. My world has just begun."

To read the entire interview, click here.
    View/Post Comments (8)

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

JUDAS PRIEST: The Toledo, Ohio Set List - July 8, 2002

JUDAS PRIEST performed the following set during their US tour-opening show on Friday, July 5th at The Hard Hat Concert Hall in Toledo, Ohio:

01. Bloodsuckers
    02. Metal Gods
    03. The Sentinel
    04. Blood Stained
    05. One on One
    06. Victim of Changes
    07. Devil's Child
    08. Diamonds and Rust
    09. Exciter
    10. Hell is Home
    11. Breaking the Law
    12. Turbo Lover
    13. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
    First Encore:
    14. Electric Eye
    15. Living after Midnight
    Second Encore:
    16. Painkiller
    View/Post Comments (9

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THIM
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYTHING SEP HOW MENY SAY I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FanHalen:

Why can't somebody admit when their career is gone......

NEWS - Jackson Just Pointing The Finger, Sony Says
    07/07/2002

(7/7/02, 7 a.m. ET) --

About 1,000 Michael Jackson fans were scheduled to protest in front of Sony headquarters on Saturday and to call for a boycott of all Sony products.

-- Yves Erwin Salomon, New York
    Dose He have 1,000 Fans??? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    "I Want The Best! Of Both Worlds!<br />AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW-Van Halen Live With Out A Net.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Vin Diesel is Revolution's Hannibal
    Tuesday, July 9, 2002 1:18 CDT

Revolution Studios has set Vin Diesel to star as Hannibal, the third century B.C. Carthaginian general who rode an elephant across the Alps to attack Rome. Variety says that the studio has acquired screen rights to the Ross Leckie novel "Hannibal" for a film that Diesel and his One Race Prods. partner George Zakk will produce.

20th Century Fox, however, has a couple year head start on a David Klass-penned Hannibal project that has caught the eye of Denzel Washington. But Revolution expects to hire a scribe quickly and be in production by next year and expect Diesel to make the film before its xXx sequel.

After swearing to his warrior father an oath of hatred for the Romans, Hannibal became by his mid-20s a Carthage general commanding an army 100,000 strong. He unleashed those forces on Rome and its allies, conquering such venues as Spain before engineering a surprise attack against Rome by trekking his armies over the Alps.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Petersen's Batman vs. Superman Coming in 2004
    Tuesday, July 9, 2002 1:12 CDT

Wolfgang Petersen will direct Batman vs. Superman for Warner Bros., with the tentpole project targeted for a 2004 release, reports Variety.

In a script penned by Andrew Kevin Walker (Seven), the two superheroes are allies who come to mighty blows over what Petersen describes as differing philosophies.

"It is a clash of the titans," Petersen told the trade. "They play off of each other so perfectly. (Superman) is clear, bright, all that is noble and good, and Batman represents the dark, obsessive and vengeful side. They are two sides of the same coin and that is material for great drama."

Petersen, who is aiming for an early 2003 start date, pointed to Matt Damon as a possible candidate, describing him as "an interesting action man and a hell of an actor."

Development continues on a standalone Superman with helmer McG, writer J.J. Abrams and producer Jon Peters, as well as Darren Aronofsky and Frank Stack's Batman: Year One.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - Metallica Hosts 12 Bass Players At Website Kick-Off Party
    07/08/2002

(7/8/02, 4 p.m. ET) - Metallica hosted a re-launch party for its website last week, and it turned out to be part Fanatic, part Gong Show, and part karaoke night.

Grand prize winners from a contest held on the website got to take a tour of the band's hometown of San Francisco, dine with the band, and take in a private show by Metallica themselves. Other winners were treated to a barbecue at a "party zone," reports the metallica.com webmaster.

The metallica.com gala started off at a San Francisco hotel where drummer Lars Ulrich, guitarist Kirk Hammett, and guitarist/singer James Hetfield picked up grand-prize winners via limousine and took them on a pre-dinner tour of some of Metallica's old San Francisco haunts.

The band and contest winners then settled into headquarters where 12 bass contestants played along to Metallica CDs, fully aware they could be halted by a gong--just like The Gong Show--if they were no good. Two winners, Elena Repetto and Andrew Boyer, were chosen as winners and each received an ESP bass. Repetto got to jam out "Seek & Destroy," while Boyer played "Creeping Death" with the band.

Metallica then got producer/fill-in-bassist Bob Rock to come up, and the combo performed a set consisting of "Commando," "Hit The Lights," "Leper Messiah," "No Remorse," a version of the working-titled "Dead Kennedy Rolls," and a cover of the Misfits' "Die Die My Darling." During the set the band also played "Metallica karaoke," as several fans came up to sing vocals.

--Darren Davis, New York

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This week's Entertainment Weekly has an article on Marvel Comic's Avi Arad and here is his production slate...

Fantastic Four with director Peyton (Bring It On) Reed for FOX

Iron Man projected 2004 release with Don (From Hell) Producing for New Line

Namor with producer Kevin (The Scorpion King) Misher and scribe David (Road to Perdition) Self projected 2004 release for Universal

The Punisher with writer/director Jonathan (Die Hard:With a Vengenace) Hensleigh for Artisan

Black Widow for Artisan

Dr. Strange for Dimension

Ghost Rider for Columbia (Nic Cage is still interested)

Iron Fist, with Ray Park, for Artisan

Silver Surfer for FOX

Deathlock by producer Steven (Baby Geniuses) Paul for Paramount

Man-Thing (not to be confused with Swamp Thing) with writer Hans (The Skulls 2) Rodinoff for Artisan

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Former GUNS N' ROSES Trio Form Band Together? - July 8, 2002

GUNS N' ROSES alumni Slash (guitar), Duff McKagan (bass), and Matt Sorum (drums) have reportedly been rehearsing, and are trying quite hard to get former GNR guitarist Izzy Stradlin back in the mix with the hopes of possibly touring together, according to Allstar. However, contrary to previous reports, BUCKCHERRY singer Josh Todd won't be the frontman for the as-yet-unnamed band, and the three are said to be looking for a singer. Anyone got Axl's number?