Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Voting

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

So did everybody go vote today? Got to take my pick of a city council member, some school-board members, and a school tax-levy. Not exactly an exciting election here in Suburbia. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Our federal elections being held on Saturday. Can't come soon enough :sickofads:
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Goo, do you have actual good choices in the running, unlike the States did last time around? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (Bush's current 90% approval rating notwithstanding) [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img]
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I didn't bother. I live outside the city limits - all the county had to vote on this time were the usual tax levies that ALWAYS pass (police, fire, hospital, mental retardation).

People in the city (Cincinnati) had a big election though. The first year of the "strong mayor" position. Incumbant mayor (a white man, former/current politician, and former newsanchorman) by the name of Charlie Luken won. His opponent was a black fellow and another former newsanchorman. Ironically, both were from the same TV station [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Given the riots we had here, you can imagine why a white vs black election was a big draw.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lead Synth:
    Goo, do you have actual good choices in the running, unlike the States did last time around? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (Bush's current 90% approval rating notwithstanding) [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img]

Not really no. Both sides of politics here are so similar, bland and inoffensive these days the concept of visionary leadership has been forgotten. Each side becoming virtually indistinguishable from the other. And whats with the damn baby kissing - isnt that such a cliche no self respecting politician wouldnt go near one with a barge pole? Apparantly not!

Anyways, for the record, the current government is the liberal party, which is roughly equivilent to your republican party (ironically) and led by John 'the eybrow' Howard. The Labor party is the opposition - rough equivelent to your democratic party, although more tied in with the trade union movement, and led by Big Kim Beasley.

Polling is close at this point although I think the Liberals will shit it in, mainly due to some crafty playing politics with some illegal immigrants, and the sept 11 fears here. Full points for subtle use of the race card :nasty:

One of the minor parties here (the Australian Democrats) run a TV ad portraying the leaders of the 2 major parties as yapping dogs. Seemed to sum it all up nicely.

Of course the Aus. Democrats are a bunch of leftie nutters whose most recent brilliant observation was 'Afghanistani women have better working conditions than Australian women' (In reference to maternity leave). Of course Afghanistani women are forbidden to work, punishable by death!

And of course our maturnity leave conditions are pretty much the same as any other western country - the democrats were pushing for something like 12 months paid leave!

2 days to go.... Time passes...so..slowly.. *gasp*
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nah, don't vote. Just let these guys do it for you like they did last year.....

(and just to clarify, I don't burn flags. But the Insane Clown Court Posse was just too good to pass up [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] )

[ November 09, 2001 at 09:05 PM: Message edited by: FORD ]</p>
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14