Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

I'm sure FH or someone can answer this for me!!!!!

My 5 year old son is asking "Who the bad guy is going to be in the next Spiderman movie"

Is that known yet??

Are there prelimanry pictures avaliable on a web-site somewhere??

My son thanks you!!

CR
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

No casting yet for the roles of Doctor Octopus and the Lizard for the sequel to be entitled, The Amazing Spider-Man. They probably won't be announced until late next month-filming starts in March but they've already filmed a trailer to be shown in front of "Daredevil" that comes out in February.
    They're already looking to use Venom and Carnage in the third flick as villians.

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Thanks FH!

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I read they are thinking of The Rock as Venom?
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i was told michael chabon is doing the screenplay for the sequel. that should be sweet, since the guy has imagination out the wahzoo and is an old fanboy. if you're looking for a good read, check out werewolves in their youth, wonderboys, or the amazing adventures of kavalier & clay. i didn't care for mysteries of pittsburgh too much, and haven't gotten around to his newest.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

I've heard actually that they've reversed field on the decision to name it "The Amazing Spiderman".

Too bad, because that title is classic, and it rocks.

I've also heard that they're dumping the current script, and having a new one written (this was alluded to above).

The sh*t of it is, they're supposedly going to include Mary Jane again, which I think is a total and complete waste.

Kirsten Dunst didn't get that role because she was most suitable for the role.....in fact, she's quite homely to anyone above the age of 21. She was a "flavor of the month" pick for that role, all the way.

I won't care to see her again in 2004, but apparently I'll have to.

Don't get me wrong, I'd pound that b*tch, but she still isn't sh*t.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Michael Chabon is currently writing the script. (He wrote a script for X-Men that was not used for the first one) Originally, the writing team on "Smallville" were tapped to write the sequel, but I don't know what happened with their treatment. Mary Jane will return in this flick, but it's been heavily rumored that Gwen Stacey will also make an appearance in the next one. (That hottie from "7th Heaven" has been rumored for the role-I can't remember her name right now.)
    Doctor Octopus is supposed to be the main villian,with the Lizard having a smaller-role. Personally, I don't think they need to water-down the movie with more than one villian like the Batman flicks did. Batman Forever, for example, would've been a great movie with Two-Face as the only villian-Jim Carrey's Riddler stole the movie and was way too annoying. They should "take a page" out of one of the comics and start the movie with a bang: Spidey fighting the Lizard, defeating him, and the Lizard reverting back to Dr. Connors. (You can just tell the Lizard's origin in a quick flashback sequence.)Then the movie can move on to the storyline with Doc Ock!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

I don't care, as long as Kirsten Dunst isn't in it again. What I've heard is that the Gwen Stacy thing is on hold until they iron out some things between Mary Jane & Peter in the next film, and frankly, that idea sucks.

Mainly, Kirsten Dunst sucks. She was fine for the "introductory" movie, but I don't want her in the next few flicks.

It's tough enough to swallow George Lucas ruining Star Wars, I don't think I can handle Spiderman being ruined too.

Don't even get me going on the next Superman flick.....that one does NOT sound promising.

Krypton NOT exploding, Lex Luthor being from Krypton, Jor El not dying, Jimmy Olsen being gay......oh wait.......they've recently re-written that draft. Why were those elements even included in the first place?

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i didn't have a problem with kirsten dunst - she wasn't meryll streep, but what did you expect? i thought she did okay playing a simple role. she's cute, but not pamela anderson. i thought that's what the role called for, and not a "hottie of the month" choice.

there was plenty of room left at the end of spider-man for a resolution of peter's private life vs. his career as spidey. hell, it practially screamed for resolution. i'd say leave gwen and the green goblin out until at least the third film.

yeah, the life has been drained out of star wars. i still enjoy the movies, but it's ironic that a guy who championed the triumph of imagination over technology has exclusively pursued technology. he needs to bring some one like the kasdans, or their younger counterparts, for "episode III"

i can't imagine they'll make a good superman flick, but a gay jimmy olson would be a good start. makes sense to me [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Kirsten Dunst and Toby MaGuire have signed on for a three-picture deal for Spider-Man, so you'll have to put up with her for two more movies.
    As for the Superman script, the majority of those rumors are false. One thing you might find interesting was that when Tim Burton and Nicolas Cage were going to do Superman, Supes costume was going to have a major change in the design (supposedly, there were going to be flames on the side of the pant-legs!), Chris Rock was going to play Jimmy Olsen, and Kevin Spacey was in talks to play Brainiac with Lex Luthor (no names were ever give to play him) was to have a minor role.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

02.27.07 @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What in the hell is wrong with Kirsten Dunst? I thought she was just perfect for the role of MJ.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Learn how to read. I said she was fine for the introductory movie. THAT'S IT!

They need to move on.

And no, those were NOT rumors regarding the Superman movie. Those were actual plot elements that have now been rewritten by the same author.

My point was that they shouldn't have been included in the first place.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

02.27.07 @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

'Learn how to read'?? Peace my friend!
    Cut back on the caffeine a little...... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Majestic:

And no, those were NOT rumors regarding the Superman movie. Those were actual plot elements that have now been rewritten by the same author.

My point was that they shouldn't have been included in the first place.
    You are correct but they wouldn't pass the muster of DC comics, who still have a bit of "say-so" in the storyline of any potential movies starring their characters and the backlash of the fans. Brett Ratner who's directing and JJ Abrahams who's writing wanted to try to take the character in a different direction, but whenever the script leaked to the internet-the fans went ape-shit. Ratner is now tip-toeing saying that that was just the very-early stages of the script. Would it have been made with that early draft if the script wasn't leaked? That'd be interesting to see. I believe alot of producers utilize the internet these days as a way to "test market" their projects. I think that's what happened on th music-end with Audioslave's current album. Those songs were a little too polished to be leaked demos when they came out last Winter.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I like Kristen Dunst. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"