All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

From www.billboard.com

New Pearl Jam Due Early Next Year

Pearl Jam will complete work next month on its seventh and final studio album under contract with Epic, according to the band's official Web site. As previously reported, the set is being co-produced by the band with Adam Kaspar, who worked with Pearl Jam on its albums "Vs." and "Vitalogy." The as-yet-untitled set is due early next year.

Beforehand, fans can look forward to the release of an oft-discussed rarities collection, the final tracklist for which should be decided "in the next month or so," according to the site. The collection, which is expected to feature some previously unreleased songs alongside hard-to-find items, is due out by the end of the year.

Look for Pearl Jam to hit the road around the new album's street date. "Current thinking/plans are to tour in Australia/New Zealand next, possibly kicking off again from Hawaii," the site says. The band followed a similar itinerary for its tour in support of 1998's "Yield." The site also reports that the band's Ten Club fan organization is "working on some exciting changes" for ticket distribution at upcoming shows.

Meanwhile, guitarist Stone Gossard's side band Brad has signed with Redline for the summer release of its as-yet-untitled third album. Tour dates are in the works for sometime this year or next, depending on Pearl Jam's schedule. The Pearl Jam site also shoots down rumors of a solo album by frontman Eddie Vedder, who recently played a host of new songs at solo shows in California for the Recording Artists Coalition benefits and the All Tomorrow's Parties festival.

As previously reported, Vedder will cover "I Believe in Miracles" on the upcoming Ramones tribute album, due in June or July. Billy Corgan, Marilyn Manson, Green Day, Rancid, the Offspring, and project organizer Rob Zombie are among the other artists confirmed to participate.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Aerosmith Still Rock on Hits CD

It's easy to forget that Aerosmith -- the subject of next month's second annual "mtvICON" tribute, and a group who's success is now inseparable from pop music television -- predate by nearly a decade the network that has broadcast so many of its nine lives. The Boston-based band sent their self-titled debut album, with the timeless "Dream On," to rock radio stations in 1973, compiled their 10 million-selling Greatest Hits in 1980 -- and in 2001 released their latest platinum effort, Just Push Play.
    The improbability of it all isn't lost on bassist Tom Hamilton, now, like the rest of his band mates, over fifty. "I still find it hard to believe," he says. "When MTV started, we were actually broken up. [Guitarists] Joe [Perry] and Brad [Whitford] had left the band. So I remember watching MTV and thinking it was this great new thing, and that it was too bad we wouldn't be a part of it. But somehow we managed to grab on to the last inches of rope before we fell off the face of the earth and eventually got around to making some videos. We did have a lot of success before MTV. But that only counts for back then. Rock & roll is immediate. It's about what's going on now. And we like to think of ourselves as in the moment."

So perpetually "in the moment" are Aerosmith that they have rolled out enough hits since 1973 -- radio and video -- to fill the original as well as two subsequent "best of" albums, and are currently working on a fourth, still-untitled greatest hits set for release in June or July. "We've got our Columbia era, we've got our Geffen era and we've got our neo-Columbia era, and we want to cover all that," says Hamilton. "Really from Toys in the Attic until now."

The upcoming compilation will include a couple new tracks, one of which may or may not be "Bad Enough," a song the band wrote for the upcoming Spider Man movie, scheduled to open in May. "It's all fluid," says Hamilton of the new material. "There are a couple songs coming into their own. But nothing definite yet. All we know is that the collection will have a couple good new songs on it, and we're not going to put it out until we're satisfied. It's not like we want to take a couple of old shoes out of the closet and throw them out there."

Hamilton also says that the band, which only recently wrapped up a world tour, will begin to line up North American dates for August or September -- "kind of the same tour with a big break in it." The group's long rumored blues album may also come to fruition soon. "It would be like what Spielberg does in filmmaking," Hamilton says. "He can make broad-based commercial films that are still really good, like E.T., but also do something more cerebral, like Schindler's List. It would great to be able to do that type of thing. After you establish yourself with these huge albums, you can also try different projects. It's better than going up against Britney every week."

In the meantime, Hamilton says Kid Rock, Shakira, Pink, Nelly, Nas, Papa Roach and Sum 41 have all signed on to participate in the MTV tribute. Janet Jackson, the recipient of last year's honors, will introduce the band at the April 14th event, which will then air on MTV April 17th.

AUGUSTIN K. SEDGEWICK
    (March 27, 2002)

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

INXS Plot U.S. Return

Guitarist Tim Farriss talks life after Michael

"We're cranking up the big handle again and heading over yonder," says INXS guitarist Tim Farriss about his band's upcoming trek across America, the Aussie group's first since 1997. "We're really, really excited about it. It's going to be a real interesting show."
    Beginning May 30th in Anaheim, California, the twenty-four-date jaunt will mark the band's first stateside gigs since the death of singer Michael Hutchence. Filling in on vocal duties for the time being is longtime friend of the band Jon Stevens, who over the last few years has taken the vocal reins at INXS shows Down Under.

"Jon's got an awesome voice," Farriss says of the former Noiseworks frontman. "He's a great friend and that's really good too because part of the INXS makeup was the fact that the six of us were so close -- having toured together all our lives and worked together all our lives since we were children. Replacing Michael will never happen, but to have someone else sing with us who's a really good friend makes this whole transitional period a lot easier."

The shows will be packed full of INXS hits, as well as selections from the twenty-seven new tracks the band has written over the last year, including "Funkster," "Smokin' Guns" and "Coocoo Baby." The tour will also help decide the band's future, including whether Stevens will remain on as vocalist.

"We haven't toured like this since Michael died," Farriss says. "So we don't feel it's fair to say, 'Oh look, here's the new permanent lead singer,' because we may never tour again. We're sort of testing the water ourselves and seeing how we feel about it. We're very honored he's agreed to do this tour with us, but anything is possible at this point."

The shows will coincide with the June 4th Rhino/Atlantic Records release of The Best of INXS, a set compiled by the remaining members in celebration of the band's quarter century together. In addition, re-mastered versions of the albums Kick, X and Welcome to Wherever You Are will be re-released the same day, featuring previously unreleased material.

"We have a fair amount of stuff we never released that Michael sings [on], and we had a lot of requests from fans to hear it," Farriss says. "Some of them, I personally feel are some of the best songs we ever recorded with Michael. One of my favorites [on the Kick reissue] is 'Jesus Was a Man.' It's really hard without having Michael here to say, 'What do you think?' But it's got so much Michael in it. Every time I hear that song I get chills."

Also in the planning stages are a coffee table book and a Columbia-Tri Star film, and possibly a new U.S. record deal, but the band's current focus is returning to American soil. "Having had this break has re-ignited the passion and the desire to go back out on the road," Farriss says. "Now were excited about it, and that's a great impetus and great motivation."

JOLIE LASH
    (March 25, 2002)

[ March 27, 2002 at 11:03 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

TESTAMENT Frontman Reacts To News Of RANDY CASTILLO's Passing - Mar. 27, 2002

TESTAMENT frontman Chuck Billy, who was diagnosed with cancer early last year, has issued the following statement in response to the news of former OZZY OSBOURNE/MOTLEY CRUE drummer Randy Castillo's passing:

“Today when I heard of Randy's passing, I was very saddened. Randy and I became friends on [TESTAMENT's] Low tour eight years ago. He was a great guy all the way around.

“When Randy heard of my diagnosis with cancer, he was one of the first e-mails I received. He had just finished his chemotherapy and was offering his friendship, love, and support in any way I needed it.

“Along with the rest of the world, I will miss [Randy] very much. I will miss his cheerful personality. He always made me feel good when we were together. Always reminding me of our Indian brotherhood.

“My family extends their love to his.

“RIP. Chuck Billy”

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

PANTERA Guitarist To Make In-Store Appearance In Texas - Mar. 27, 2002

PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell will be making an in-store appearance at Mars Music in Arlington, Texas this Saturday, March 30th at 3:00 PM. Dimebag will be promoting his new signature guitar pickup "Dimebucker", courtesy of Seymour Duncan. The address to Mars Music is: 4634 S. Cooper St. #182 & 184, Arlington, TX 76017.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Since this isn't labeled as being strictly about music, Dudley Moore died today.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

From www.melodicrock.com

DOKKEN TO SELL DVD AT SUMMER SHOWS:
    An update on the Dokken live release that the and are planning to sell at this summer's shows. It is in fact a DVD! The video was filmed in Japan in 1995, in fact the very last show George Lynch played with the band.
    Also on Dokken, it appears the Long Way Home album will contain the following tracks:
    Sunless Days . Little Girl . Everybody Needs (To Be With Someone) . You . Goodbye My Friend . Magic Road . There Was A Time . Heart Full Of Soul . Under The Gun . I've Found.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - New David Bowie Album Due June 11
    03/27/2002

(3/27/02, 6 p.m. ET) - The new David Bowie album, Heathen, is set for release on June 11. It's the first project released on Bowie's own ISO Records, and it will be distributed by Columbia Records, which has signed Bowie to a multi-album deal through ISO.

Heathen is Bowie's first studio album since 1999's Hours, and it reunites him with producer Tony Visconti, who worked on Bowie albums Space Oddity (1969), Diamond Dogs (1974), Young Americans (1975), and Heroes (1977), among others. Heathen features contributions from Pete Townshend and Dream Theater keyboardist Jordan Rudess.

Bowie will play a series of festival dates in the U.S. and Europe this summer after Heathen is released, as well as acting as the curator of this year's Meltdown Festival, which takes place in London in June.

On signing with Columbia, Bowie said, "I can't think of a better home for the music that will be made for ISO than Columbia. After my first couple of meetings with the people at Columbia, it was apparent that their enthusiasm for what Tony and I are doing right now borders on boundless."

That is in stark contrast to what he said in December when he announced his departure from Virgin Records: "I've had one too many years of bumping heads with corporate structure. Many times I've not been in agreement with how things are done and, as a writer of some proliferation, frustrated at how slow and lumbering it all is."

Columbia Records chairman Don Ienner said, "David Bowie is simply one of the most distinctive, influential, and exciting artists of our time, and Heathen is a remarkable addition to his incredible body of work. The album is filled with amazing songs and performances that evoke vintage Bowie without ever looking backward, and I think it's the album that his worldwide audience has been waiting for. Music needs David Bowie right now, and we couldn't be more proud that he has chosen Columbia as is new home."

--Bruce Simon, New York

http://music.launch.com/read/default.asp

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

THE HULK BEGINS PRODUCTION
    Universal Pictures announced Thursday that it has begun principal photography on The Hulk, a feature film directed by Ang Lee as his follow-up to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

According to Universal, the screenplay is by James Schamus. The film's producers are Gale Anne Hurd, Marvel Studios Chief Executive Officer Avi Arad, James Schamus and Larry Franco. Stan Lee, co-creator of the character, and Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige are the executive producers.

Eric Bana (Chopper, Black Hawk Down) stars as scientist Bruce Banner, whose inner demons transform him into The Hulk in the aftermath of a catastrophic experiment. Bana plays both the human Banner and -- through groundbreaking visual effects technology provided by the Oscar-winning Industrial Light + Magic -- the superhuman Hulk.

Jennifer Connelly, who just received the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal of Alicia Nash in the Oscar-winning A Beautiful Mind and won rave reviews for her performance as a hapless Coney Island resident in Requiem For A Dream, portrays Betty Ross, whose scientific genius unwittingly helps unleash The Hulk, and whose love for Banner finds its impossible resolution in the film's denouement.

Sam Elliott, who recently starred opposite Mel Gibson as the no-nonsense Sgt. Maj. Basil Plumley in Randall Wallace's We Were Soldiers, plays Betty's father, General Ross.

Josh Lucas, who appeared opposite Connelly in A Beautiful Mind as Professor Martin Hansen, plays Glenn Talbot, a romantic and professional rival of Bruce Banner's.

Academy Award nominee Nick Nolte, whose recent credits include Affliction and The Thin Red Line, plays a sinister figure who returns from Banner's past to haunt him.

Lee's behind-the-camera team includes cinematographer Fred Elmes (The Ice Storm, Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet), Academy Award-winning production designer Rick Heinrichs (Planet of the Apes, Sleepy Hollow, The Big Lebowski, Fargo), costume designer Marit Allen (Ride with the Devil, Eyes Wide Shut, Smilla's Sense of Snow) and editor Tim Squyres (all of Ang Lee's films and Robert Altman's Gosford Park). ILM's Dennis Muren, an eight-time Academy Award winner for films including E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, The Abyss and Jurassic Park, will supervise visual effects.

Here's how Universal describes the movie:

"Ang Lee's concept for the film combines all the elements of a blockbuster visual effects-intensive superhero movie with the brooding romance and tragedy of Universal's classic horror films -- for The Hulk is at once a superhero and a monster, a wish fulfillment and a nightmare. Lee and his team have gone back to the moving, early incarnations of the character created in May 1962 by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, staying true to the subversive spirit of the early Marvel years, while completely updating and projecting The Hulk into the dangers and aspirations of contemporary times."

From www.comicscontinuum.com

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SPAM ALERT! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It Will Survive: "Survivor 5" Coming
    by Josh Grossberg
    Mar 27, 2002, 3:45 PM PT

The South Seas: been there, done that twice now. Australia: check. Africa: ditto.

Where to next?

Such is the question facing Survivor's fearless leader, Mark Burnett, as he embarks on a fifth edition of the wildly popular reality-adventure series.

CBS has officially given the green-light to Burnett, Jeff Probst & Co. to get cracking on Survivor 5, where 16 potential backstabbers get to endure starvation, eat bugs, take mud baths and butter each other up in some exotic location, all for 15 minutes of fame and the chance to take home $1 million.

The network confirms that the casting process has already begun and Burnett's crew is scouting several would-be destinations, focusing on Central and South America and Asia. (Burnett had initially considered dropping the contestants in the Middle East, but that idea was quickly nixed for obvious reasons.)

While Burnett searches for suitable new contestants to live up to the likes of Michael "Lord of the Pig" Skupin and Richard "Going Native" Hatch and a suitable "new world" with the requisite dangers (venomous creepy-crawlies, questionable food supplies, etc.), fans are making the current Survivor: Marquesas surprisingly successful.

When it premiered last month, many critics felt the fourth installment, set on the island of Nuku Hiva in French Polynesia, would be the last--especially considering the format was getting old (after all, the original Survivor debuted two whole years ago and ABC's Who Wants to Be a Millionaire has seemingly flamed out, perhaps signalling the death knell for unscripted TV) and the previous Survivor: Africa had slipped dramatically in the ratings while chief rival Friends soared to new heights.

But Survivor: Marquesas has proved the naysayers wrong, pulling in consistently solid ratings and ranking among the 10 most-watched shows of the season. In fact, Marquesas has so far put up bigger numbers than last fall's Survivor: Africa. In terms of audience, Survivor: Marquesas is up nearly 10 percent over its predecessor, averaging 22.5 million viewers to Survivor: Africa's 20.7 million.

After two weeks on Wednesdays (to make room for the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament), Survivor: Marquesas returns to its regular Thursdays at 8 p.m. slot tomorrow.

Survivor 5, meanwhile, is slated to shoot this summer and premiere sometime on CBS in the fall.

www.eonline.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Plot to "Austin Powers 3"........

It's been three years since Austin Powers, that swinging international man of mystery, has had to face his arch enemy, Dr. Evil. But after Dr. Evil and his accomplice Mini-Me escape from a maximum-security prison, Austin is called to action once more in his third and final installment of the highly successful Austin Powers movie franchise.

Teaming up with the mysterious yet peculiar Goldmember, Dr. Evil hatches a time-travelling scheme to take over the world, one that involves the kidnapping of Nigel Powers, Austin's beloved father and England's most renowned spy. As he chases the villains through time, Austin visits 1975 and joins forces with his old flame, Foxxy Cleopatra, a streetwise but stylish detective. Together, Austin and Foxxy must find a way to save Nigel and stop Dr. Evil and Goldmember from their mischievous mayhem.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sadly, no TOOL like it was rumored....

OZZFEST Goes Public - Mar. 28, 2002

The organizers of Ozzfest have launched an online poll for people to vote on which act should replace the CORNELL/RAGE project on the main stage of this year's event. These are the available choices:

SLAYER
    DOWN
    FOO FIGHTERS
    SEVENDUST
    STATIC-X
    NICKELBACK
    TENACIOUS D
    SOULFLY

For more information, go to: www.ozzfest.com.

From www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/