Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sean Penn takes on Bush over Iraq
    Friday, October 18, 2002 Posted: 1:33 PM EDT (1733 GMT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Story Tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Actor Sean Penn on Friday weighed in on the international debate over a possible war with Iraq, paying for a $56,000 advertisement in the Washington Post accusing U.S. President George W. Bush of stifling debate and threatening civil liberties.

In an open letter to Bush taking up most of a page in the main section of the daily newspaper, the Oscar-nominated star of "I Am Sam" and "Dead Man Walking," urged the president to stop a cycle where "bombing is answered by bombing, mutilation by mutilation, killing by killing."

"I beg you, help save America before yours is a legacy of shame and horror," Penn wrote, echoing voices of caution from around the world that have called for a measured response to allegations Iraq is developing weapons of mass destruction.

The letter was signed "Sincerely, Sean Penn, San Francisco, California." A spokesman for the Washington Post confirmed that it was placed by the Hollywood celebrity, who has starred in more than 40 movies.

Quoting Bush's declaration that the world was either "with us or against us" in the war on terrorism launched after the September 11, 2001, attacks, Penn, 42, said Bush was marginalizing critics, manipulating the media and promoting fear.

Those actions and "your administration's deconstruction of civil liberties all contradict the very core of the patriotism you claim," wrote Penn.

"Sacrificing American soldiers or innocent civilians in an unprecedented preemptive attack on a separate sovereign nation may well prove itself a most temporary medicine," he said.

I would imagine it's hard for the President to take Sean seriously, considering the guy was a whiz at playing a retard (I am Sam)

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would imagine it's hard for anyone to take George Jr serious, since he IS a retard.

Unfortunately, he's a retard with power! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by strungout:
    I would imagine it's hard for anyone to take George Jr serious, since he IS a retard.

And he's your PRESIDENT!! A legally elected President in this great democracy of ours!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by BigBadBrian:
    quote:

And he's your PRESIDENT!! A legally elected President in this great democracy of ours!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Ugh. BBB, thank GOD for people like you.

Sean Penn....what a fucking joke this is. I don't even want to take the time to get into it. Sad..
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mista President you not being very fair

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some, or Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LEGALLY ELECTED--MY ASS!!!!!
    His fuckin' brother (ya know, the one w/the crackhead daughter) GAVE him that election, and we all know it.
    He ain't half the man his father was.
    [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] hey....ya know that presidential term limits only apply CONSECUTIVELY....... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] LET'S BRING BACK BILL CLINTON!!!!! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    ....betcha the guy would win........ [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    ....damm....where's my 'ludes.....
    "If I took you to the river, well I bet you'd swim upstream.."<br /> -JL<br /> L.O.C.<br /> -2003-

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What about Mr Penn's legacy of shitty movies?

I guess not enough people were killed in NY and Washington for him to pull his head out of his over paid ass. This 1960's left-wing bullshit doesn't play at all in 2002. Fuck, all I've heard is debate on Iraq. Every cable news panel has had some dipshit on almost daily. No not all are dipshits, but most are. The anti-war bedwetters are all bent out of shape because nobody gives them the time of day...boo hoo. That's because in the case of Iraq they are defending a mass murderer. In the case of Iraq, no those WMD aren't a direct threat to the US but they will one day be used in Israel, which makes the Peace crowd blatently anti-semetic.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for some one to violate my civil rights. Other than the EPA, everything's quiet in my neck of the woods.

To quote the Iraqi who owns the local Chevron:

"Why don't you shut up and move to Iraq?"
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

LMAO!!!!!
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, I'm rambling enough, but I have plenty of time to argue if anyone wants.

http://www.guerrillanews.com

http://www.alternet.org

http://www.zmag.org/weluser.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

http://www.michaelmoore.com/

http://www.workingforchange.com/

Turn off Fox news, and open your eyes for a little while. Think outside the US propaganda machine. Think for yourself, not for what the republicans tell you to think.

[ October 19, 2002, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: strungout ]

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just wish the guy would at the very least give a half ass attempt to help re-vive the economy. I agree he has been so Pro War it makes me wonder if he's trying to get conflicts started in order to avoid touching the economy, and then using the conflicts as the reason to why it struggling.

I guess we'll have to just wait until a democrat re-enters the white house to at least have attempts made to help the economy.

[img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

[ October 18, 2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: rrussou812 ]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rrussou812:
    I just wish the guy would at the very least give a half ass attempt to help re-vive the economy. I agree he has been so Pro War it makes me wonder if he's trying to get conflicts started in order to avoid touching the economy, and then using the conflicts as the reason to why it struggling.

I guess we'll have to just wait until a democrat re-enters the white house to at least have attempts made to help the economy.

[img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    That is definitely a contributing factor to his giving full attention to the 'war'.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Penn is a little commie fucker anyway. So I don't pay attention to those guys.

I still get amazed as to what all these people have to bitch about. If you don't want to pony up to the bar, then get the fuck out.

It's easy to bitch in a free country, now isn't it. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pony up to the bar??

I don't want to get out. I want what's promised me in America. I want our government to function the way it's supposed to, and follow the constitution. I don't support a dictatorship, but a democracy, and that is not what I see.

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Umm, I didn't elect him, and the US people didn't elect him. He cheated his way in. There are many, many facts that support this and I could give you if you want. Also, there are some 260 million people in America, and some 30 or 40 million voted for Bush 2. He's not my president.
    First of all, to say George W. Bush “cheated his way in” to the White House is moronic and plain stupid. But if you want to look like a petulant five-year-old who lost at a game of kickball then feel free. The same goes for your “He’s not my president” comment. I was no fan of Bill Clinton either but he was certainly our president. To show that much disdain for the duly elected U.S. President, you might as well wipe your ass with the U.S. Constitution that you supposedly care so much about. Well, you care at least when it applies to the rights you agree with, right?

Your side lost an election under the rules of the U.S. Constitution, so learn to deal with it instead of whining like a little bitch. Those of us who voted Republican in 1992 and ’96 had to live with a guy as President from the other party that never received 50% of the popular vote either (Clinton actually only received 43% -- or around 45 million votes -- in ’92, meaning around 57% of the country -- or over 59 million people -- didn’t want him as President).

Second, there are around 290 million people in America and Bush received over 50 million votes, not “some 30 or 40 million.” BTW, this was more than Clinton received in either ‘92 (around 45 million) or ‘96 (around 47 million). So, obviously, your “facts” are way off, pal. I wonder how many other “facts” in your posts are inaccurate, too.

It sickens me when some people use September 11 to denounce Bush critics and anti-war people. Sickening. Many of the families of 9-11 victims are in a group called 'Not in our Name' or something like that, to protest Bush's use of their pain as fuel for his war machine.
    “War machine”? Is this 1968-69? Are you a flower child? Is this Woodstock?

If Bush treated despotic regimes like Iraq the same way Clinton/Gore treated the one in China (they allowed the selling of missile technology) and North Korea (which we just learned has violated a Clinton-era agreement and developed nuclear weapons), you would be saying how Bush jeopardized all of our lives by not taking a stand against the world’s worst regimes. I’ve always supported military action when necessary, including in Bosnia/Kosovo in the mid-‘90s and the bombing of Iraq by Clinton in ‘98 (though he should’ve went for regime change back then). Were you against those military actions? Much of the Left wasn’t. But that’s because Lefties only support U.S. wars waged by “your President” (i.e. a Democrat), right?

As for the families of the 9-11 victims in the “Not In Our Name” group, my heart goes out to each and every one of them for their loss. But many of them were anti-war Lefties (like you) before 9-11 and are still the same after 9-11, no matter how necessary military action may be in the future.

You all do know that's it's all about oil/power/control, don't you? It's not about retribution. Hardly. And if you think the government cares that much about you, you are a fool. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and their merry band of cowboys have a vested interest in controlling the worlds oil. Oil production will peak by 2005, and decline steadily after that. America is scrambling to get all control before China, who will, in a few years, be consuming much more petroleum than the US.

Iraq is one of the few sovereign nations left who are not manipulated by the US as far as oil output. They have shown no proof of planned attacks on US soil. No proof of weapons of mass destruction (I fucking hate that term), and what bio-weapons they have came from us (see Iraq-Iran war).
    “Oil production will peak by 2005”? Another “fact” from the Left-wing, which spews out these stats in order to advance their agenda for more emphasis on alternative fuels. The truth is the world’s oil supply remains strong despite naysayers spouting over the past few decades that we were about to run out of oil supplies. The supply will run out at some point and by that time the technology advances will be in place to replace oil with alternative fuels. However, this won’t happen until well after many generations of each of our families have passed on. Drilling in ANWR would certainly help this situation, too –- especially our current reliance on foreign oil.

I do agree that oil is definitely a part of the equation with any action against Iraq, but it's an issue interrelated with the issue of weapons of mass destruction (WMDs). To let Saddam obtain nuclear weapons capabilities would give him the ability to expand on his country’s share of the world’s oil reserves. Iraq already has 10 percent of the world’s oil reserves. Just imagine if he decided to grab Saudi Arabia’s and Kuwait’s, too –- an act that he has tried before -- and our ability to stop him was gone or severely weakened because he possessed nuclear weapons. The devastation that would cause to the U.S. economy and the world economy would be horrific, as he could set the price of oil and/or refuse to sell to us. IMO, both the issue of oil and the proliferation of WMDs on Saddam’s part are therefore related.

How can you say, “no proof of weapons of mass destruction”? How about all the former Iraqi scientists that worked on Saddam’s WMDs programs that have told of their involvement in these programs? How about his use of chemical weapons against the Iraqi Kurds and the Iranians? The only reason we don’t have any evidence now is the exact reason why Bush is pushing for U.N. action -– no weapons inspectors have been there in over four years, in violation of existing U.N. Security Council resolutions. So how can anyone know what he has? That’s the point. As for the U.S. government supplying some of the bio/chemical weapons that Saddam possesses, I won’t dispute that. But does that mean we aren’t allowed to reverse course, correct this mistake and take action to prevent it from being used on us? Or should we bend over and grab our ankles while we wait for Saddam to shove WMDs directly up our collective rectum? BTW, why do you hate the term, “weapons of mass destruction”? What the hell else do they do when they are used?

I have a bigger question for you: If this proposed attack on Iraq is all about oil, then why did George H.W. Bush NOT remove Saddam back in 1991 and take control of the Iraqi oilfields then? After all, the Bush family and their so-called “Big Oil” cronies could have been making profits for the past decade, right?

You guys on the Left constantly make me laugh. The vast majority of you were against the U.S. removing Saddam from Kuwait in 1990-91 but have complained since then that we should’ve went into Baghdad and removed Saddam at that time, blaming Bush 41 for this mistake (al-Gore said it himself). Of course, Bush 41 was only following U.N. Security Council resolutions, which you Lefties seem to care so much about currently. Now, you argue that Bush 43 is only having us go back to Iraq because of oil, which we could’ve had over a decade ago if that was our primary goal.

BTW, you are aware that like the Bush family, the Gore family fortune is tied up in oil/petroleum interests (Occidental Petroleum), right? Or is it only Republican oil interests that are evil?

The whole deal with Afghanistan? You think the big-wig us cowboys really cared that the Taliban were opressing their people? Hahahah...right. There's a plan for a trans-Asian pipeline from the Caspian sea through Afghanistan to Pakistan. You didn't see it on cnn?? There was barely a peep about it. All over BBC though. Hmmmm.
    Ahhhh, the conspiracy theory being espoused by the world’s Left –- especially by those in Europe. If we only bombed Afghanistan because of a dispute with the Taliban over this pipeline (which is the theory, if I remember correctly), then why didn’t the Taliban in their daily press conferences after 9-11 mention that this was the U.S.'s motivation in attacking them? Why weren’t they blasting this all over Al Jazeera television in Qatar? If it was true, it certainly would’ve helped the Taliban in their worldwide PR war against the U.S. before we attacked last year.

Let’s add a little dose of reality, OK. The real reason we bombed Afghanistan had virtually nothing to do with freeing the people of Afghanistan, though that was a nice by-product of our action. We bombed the country because al-Qaeda members had terrorist training camps there and were in the country when we started bombing. It was the best way to kill/capture the terrorists, disrupt their activities and protect the lives of Americans and our allies (though increased intelligence capabilities are just as important).
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Pony up to the bar??

It's a TEXAS term. Pony up, Cowboy up, one in the same.

But it looks like D-Romeo had the final go-round on this end. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.