Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah baby!

The MVP & best player in the league. (quit you're crying Phil) has led his team past Vince! With the MVP, top defensive player in the league, and the 6th man, who is suprised?
    Come on guys, for the last time, give it up. Iverson towers over Kobe (and we're not talking about height) ha ha Let's see, Allen is tops when it comes to ppg in the league (regular & post season), he tops Kobe in steals & assists, and they break even w. blocks pg.
    Okay, so Kobe is a better rebounder, I'll give him that. Although it's a little tough to get up there at 6'0 & 165 ilbs compared to 6'7 210 ilbs. Add in those 54 points in game 3, 53 in game 5, then 16 assists tonight, 22 pts, 3 rebounds, & a block or two.

Kobe the best player in the league? You're following the words of academy award winning Shaquille O'Neal M.D.(he is a doctor right?) -12 yrs to graduate from college

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

and when all is said and done, the sixers will get swept by the lakers...so what?

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And please. All this talk about Kobe being the next Mike. Get over it. There will NEVER be another Mike.

Listen Kobe at 22 is not even close to MJ at 22. MJ at 22 avg. 37 points 8 boards and 7 dimes and 2.7 steals. Kobe can't even avg. more than 5 assist with Shaq and has never avg. atleast 2 steals! MJ went against triple teams when he was young. The piston and Knicks with their beyond physical D. Now you can't even hand check let alone body check. Kobe is a great young player but, not EVEN close to MJ. Plus it just makes it more obvious when he now drives with his tongue out. Kobe would be knocked out of the 1st round with out Shaq. He has the most dominating player in the L. He is the second option. MJ was never the second option!

And as for Game 1 Spurs vs. Lakers. That was one of the Spurs worst games all year. Nobody said beating the Lakers was going to be easy. I won't deny it. They're a damn tough team.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:30 PM
    Liked 16,546 Times in 9,380 Posts

Hooligan,

You never cease to amuse me. Once again, I have no idea where you get your information. Michael Jordan was born on February 17, 1963. He turned 22 years old during his rookie season of 1984-85. (BTW, the Lakers won the championship that season, just like they're about to do again, this season. Ah, but, I digress). In 1984-85, MJ averaged 28.2 points, 6.5 rebounds, 5.87 assists and 2.39 steals. Don't try and say you meant 1985-86, because that season MJ broke his leg and only played in 18 games. I think you were talking about 1986-87, when Jordan was 24 years old by the second half of the season. (BTW, not only did the Lakers win the championship again that season, but Magic Johnson, not Michael Jordan was the MVP of the league). By the time Kobe is 24, he'll probably be working on his FOURTH ring. Jordan was 28 before he won his FIRST ring.

Why do you continue to take shots at Phil Jackson? Jordan won exactly ZERO rings without him as his coach. Deal with it. Also, Jerry "Crumbs" Krause looked fatter than ever at the draft lottery today. Don't worry about finishing fourth in the lottery. I don't think there are any players to get excited about, anyway.

Hooligan, you talk about MJ's younger years as if you were watching from the first row of Chicago Stadium. Your profile says you're a high school senior, so in actuality you were probably watching from your crib. Therefore, I forgive you for not having your facts straight.

As far as San Antonio having a bad game yesterday, is it possible that the Lakers had something to do with that? If the Lakers win game 2 tomorrow night, they might not lose a game in the playoffs, period. No team has ever lost fewer than 2 games in one season's playoffs since the NBA went to four rounds back in 1983-84. That was probably around the time you were born, wasn't it? (BTW, the Lakers didn't win the championship that season. They lost in the Finals to Boston). Wasn't that nice of me to end this post with something to cheer you up while the Lakers continue to torture you and all of the other Laker haters? I thought so, too. What can I say? I'm the nicest guy I know.

[ May 20, 2001 at 07:03 PM: Message edited by: I Coulda Hada VH ]
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tortured? Hardly. My favorite player is the MVP, Magic Johnson is considering taking the coaching job in Portland, MJ's comeback trail seems to be going pretty well (He's nearly down to his playing weight), by Sept., he'll have Barkley w. him & who knows what free agent, Doug Collins as coach, a good amount of cash, & the # 1 pick in the draft. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:30 PM
    Liked 16,546 Times in 9,380 Posts

Iverson is your favorite player??? Whatever. Magic Johnson has as much of a chance to coach Portland next year as I do. So MJ is going to come out of retirement at the young age of 38 and bring 300 pound old man Charles Barkley with him. Maybe they can go recruit Patrick Ewing, Dennis Rodman and Dominique Wilkins. Wow, that would be quite a team, FIVE YEARS AGO!!!

Hooligan, get a grip. Quit living in the past and deal with the present and future. You know, the one that's being and going to be dominated by SHAQ and KOBE!!!

By the way, nice to see that your Cubs have returned to normal. It's nice to know you can always count on certain things: The sun will rise in the east, set in the west and the Cubbies will not win the World Series.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

yo yo yo. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] We have an NBA thread already dedicated to this type of conversation, lets keep it all there fer naya. yo yo yo. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen