Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast
    Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Ok, here are the rules and what this thread is about:

1) This is the thread to discuss those most beloved topics that concern politics, religion, culture, law, education, and everyone's favorite, sexual inclination.

2) No jumping around on topics. If we are discussing campaign finance reform, then that is what we stick too until the discussion has run its course. No chiming in about saving the Alaskan Spotted Mountian Tree Frog when it has nothing to do with the topic.

3) I decide when to change topics. If for some reason I totally lose my mind and the discussion gets out of hand; starts wandering; flame fest getting out of control; then DIF and/or seenbad will come in and kick some ass and right the boat.

4) Its alright to have a heated discussion as long as it doesn't turn into a nuclear flame fest. Keep the name calling and personal attacks to a bare minimum.

5) WARNING: If you are very sensitive and can't stand to be in an involved and/or heated discussion then this thread is not for you. There are plenty of care free, laid back threads on this site. This is not one of them. It will be fun but it could also be intense.

6) You will get three(3) warnings to comply with the rules. If you do not, you will be cyberly beaten about the head and neck until unconscious.

7) Have fun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Last Online

1st Topic

Should homosexuality be taught in the schools? Read:
    http://fyi.cnn.com/2001/fyi/teachers....ap/index.html

My take on this is no. This is just another attempt by the militant gay lobby to push their beliefs on sexuality on the children and to legitimise their existence (The gay organizations). They do this under the guise that they are trying to help children. You know the ones they say are more prone to committ suicide or drop out. Bolderdash, I say. This group wants to brain-wash these kids when they are young and still impressionable, into believing that homosexuality is a viable life style. If they want to teach their own kids that, well, that is their right but to make others have to accept it is wrong.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have to say no on this one. I have friends that are homosexual, and though I have nothing against homosexuality, and I do not think it my or anyone's right to try to dictate what goes on in private between two (or more) consenting adults, I still say 'no' for one, single, primary reason: I believe in the Bible.

In the Bible, homosexuality is specifically addressed as a peversion and sin against God. Now, I don't expect everyone to buy in on this idea, but to me, there is little of more importance than my religious beliefs. Call me a 'fanatic' if you will, but the Bible is... well, the Bible! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] to me, so I abide by it. Hence, if homosexuality is a sin, and therefore an undesirable aspect of our society, then I am hard pressed to support our public school systems' desires to teach homosexuality as 'natural' or 'normal'.

Again, I am not arguing the legal aspects of homosexuality, and in fact it may be completely natural (trust me on this one, I know a LOT about it... and there is growing evidence that there may be a genetic predisposition to homosexuality. There is also some evidence that suggests nurture and environment may play an important role...), but to me, natural is no excuse. It may be natural for a man to be abusive and domineering, but that doesn't mean I should accept his actions simply because it is 'natural', nor would I want my children taught that it is ok to hit your children or your spouse because it is 'natural' to have those feelings.

Now, I am sure I will get some flame over this one, but sobeit [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Bring it on! I guarantee you won't shake my faith in my religious beliefs. I don't expect others to feel the same, but these are my feelings, and if I were asked to vote on such an issue, I would have to vote my conscience...

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <b><i>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />Darkness, imprisoning me.<br />All that I see: absolute horror.<br />I cannot live<br />I cannot die<br />Trapped in myself<br />Body my holding cell<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /></i></b>

Last Online

Come on, don't be timid, people.

Last Online

Good post BMF. There are people out there who would kill to make sure religion stays out of school yet they would condone teaching about homosexuality. You think maybe there is a correlation?

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Van Gully:
    Good post BMF. There are people out there who would kill to make sure religion stays out of school yet they would condone teaching about homosexuality. You think maybe there is a correlation?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ironic, ain't it? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, there's a correlation... 2 sides of the coin, and only one can end up.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <b><i>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />Darkness, imprisoning me.<br />All that I see: absolute horror.<br />I cannot live<br />I cannot die<br />Trapped in myself<br />Body my holding cell<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /></i></b>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 AM
    Liked 11,550 Times in 4,921 Posts

quote:
    Originally posted by Van Gully:
    1st Topic

Should homosexuality be taught in the schools? Read:
    http://fyi.cnn.com/2001/fyi/teachers....ap/index.html

My take on this is no. This is just another attempt by the militant gay lobby to push their beliefs on sexuality on the children and to legitimise their existence (The gay organizations). They do this under the guise that they are trying to help children. You know the ones they say are more prone to committ suicide or drop out. Bolderdash, I say. This group wants to brain-wash these kids when they are young and still impressionable, into believing that homosexuality is a viable life style. If they want to teach their own kids that, well, that is their right but to make others have to accept it is wrong.

What is pathetic is that there are people like you VG who actually are so offended by homosexuality, like it's any threat to your existence. The worst thing about having to be a homosexual in this country today is having to live with predjudiced hate-mongers like yourself. I don't wish that on anyone.

I love people like VG who actually believe people CHOOSE to be gay. Nobody chooses that ya buffoon, they are born with it. It's called genetics. Perhaps a few visits to the library for some research may cure your homophobia, but I surely doubt it.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Gully is afraid that a man might just sweep him off his feet on day I guess. Are you that insecure VG? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Van Gully:
    There are people out there who would kill to make sure religion stays out of school yet they would condone teaching about homosexuality. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One is real, and one is myth. Want them to teach about Santa, ghosts, and dragons, too?

Jesus was gay. As were his disicples. How does that strike you?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Top Timmy:
    Van Gully is afraid that a man might just sweep him off his feet on day I guess. Are you that insecure VG? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he's afraid one won't. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

1. Mike, what in-the-HELL are you talking about?

2. Gully, this thread and your "rules" are a good idea, I just dont see it lasting very long [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 AM
    Liked 11,550 Times in 4,921 Posts

Hey Jesus could have been gay, we have no idea. Homosexuality was very prevalent in society back then. Man wouldn't that throw a monkey wrench in things. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Religion isn't really a myth, but it's certainly not based on knoweable truths, but just on faith. Faith that a God exists, faith that there is this nice place called heaven we go after we die. And since we ain't met anyone who's come back to tell us, we just build our faith on a hope.

[ July 09, 2001 at 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Brett ]
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Just the nasty little details that get lost to history, seen. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

One has to wonder about a group of men that wander around preaching peace and love. If a group of 13 guys travelled the country doing that today, Gully'd surely be one of the first to ask that question.

Women were certainly only outside of Jesus's intimate friends and relations.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

quote:
    Originally posted by Brett:
    Hey Jesus could have been gay, we have no idea. Homosexuality was very prevalent in society back then.

I'm sure one reason why Jesus came to the stage.

And NO, Jesus could NOT have been gay. Highly doubt the son of God would even contemplate the silly notion. Besides, if being queer is genetic, and God made Jesus himself, I REAAAALLLY dont think he would put the gene in there after saying in the bible that it is wrong.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brett:
    Religion isn't really a myth, but it's certainly not based on knoweable truths, but just on faith. Faith that a God exists, faith that there is this nice place called heaven we go after we die. And since we ain't met anyone who's come back to tell us, we just build our faith on a hope.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll agree that for most people religion is more than a myth. It's one gigantic, money-sucking, power-hording conglomerate of people preaching things they don't practice. It was the world's first insurance policy, paid in blood and labor, returned only in hope.