Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

we're 134 today, and i just wanna say that this here country is the best in the world, and our beer, babes, and hockey players rule the world!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laner:
    we're 134 today, and i just wanna say that this here country is the best in the world, and our beer, babes, and hockey players rule the world!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Amen to that! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Happy Canada Day everyone!!! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

2 posts to the world's greatest country in the world speaks volumes. Maybe because it's NOT a country????
    [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimPabs1:
    2 posts to the world's greatest country in the world speaks volumes. Maybe because it's NOT a country????
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You obviously failed Geography class. [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img] Canada is the second largest country in the world!

If they ever let you out of Chicago, drive ten hours north and you will find my country.
    [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The reason that no one else posted here is because they are probably out celebrating Canada Day! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laner:

don't fuck with me on canada day asshole. other days, maybe... not today though. i could go on and on and fuckin on about how much better canada is than the US, but i don't out of respect. not cool, man...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooohh, don't fuck with laner it's Canada day-Oooohh. Tough guy.

Canada is the 2nd largest in land mass only. California has a bigger population than Canada. Have a great Hoser day,eh, hosers. Eat some back bacon and drink some Molson's for me, eh. Hosers.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gully, I didn't realize the mark of a countries' greatness, was the size of it's population.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Having said that, I will admit to offering my humble opinion that the United States of America is the greatest country in the world...This is simply my opinion, because of my pride at living in this great country for 27 years....

My above comments are not meant to be a snide remark, only MY own pride of country coming out....

YOUR remarks were rather insulting however.... Let people be PROUD of their own country and celebrate their day, without throwing a smart ass comment, how 'bout that man?

How would you feel, if later this week (Wednesday) some of our Canadian brothern, decided to reply in a smart ass way to any thread we will start regarding OUR countries' 225 birthday?

That's all---Let's try to respect other people's feeligns shall we?

~BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Canada is the greatest COMMONWEALTH on Earth? Give me one reason why it's better than the United States.

2nd largest country? How much of that is glacier?

2nd largest is freakin China, behind India. You're supposed to measure size by population, unless otherwise stated.

Let me ask you this? What is the significance of Canada Day? What did the great commonwealth do that there is a celebration. I'm pretty much admitting that I do not know what Canada Day is. Is it the anniversary of the acceptance of being England's bitch?
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WOW. Tough words there Tim....I guess you're asking for a little argument there hey?

A quick little story:

I was in London Canada to see a VH tribute band "5150" a month ago. I have a tattoo on my lower right arm of the American flag and my date of birth...The bartender at the place Maya and I were, commented about it (teasingly) but with a semi-nasty feel as well. He said:

"Oh, I see, a freaking American, we got here..."

I replied:

"At least we don't have the Queen of England's face on our coins, in my country..."

-OUCH!!!!

(I apoligized to the guy later...though he actaully took it okay and said: Fair enough, I was sending you a dig, you sent me one back.)
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    Gully, I didn't realize the mark of a countries' greatness, was the size of it's population.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I was just responding to laner's little comment about the size of Canada. We are in agreement on this, BL.

Having said that, I will admit to offering my humble opinion that the United States of America is the greatest country in the world...This is simply my opinion, because of my pride at living in this great country for 27 years....

It's not simply your opinion, BL, it's a fact. Other countries just don't like being reminded of it.

My above comments are not meant to be a snide remark, only MY own pride of country coming out....

YOUR remarks were rather insulting however.... Let people be PROUD of their own country and celebrate their day, without throwing a smart ass comment, how 'bout that man?

What was insulting about it? Now, this is an opinion. I was only being silly with my Canada comments. Though, I probably wouldn't have responded at all to this thread if it wasn't for laner's response to TimPabs1's post. Making the little snide comment about how he could go on about how much better Canada is than the U.S.A. But you missed that didn't ya.

How would you feel, if later this week (Wednesday) some of our Canadian brothern, decided to reply in a smart ass way to any thread we will start regarding OUR countries' 225 birthday?

I dunno. I guess I would get all sensitive and gooey, like you BL, and start crying and whining, and start telling everyone how mean and disrespectful they're being to each other. Naahhh...I would kick their ass.

That's all---Let's try to respect other people's feeligns shall we?
    ~BC[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Mr. Warm and Fuzzy. The world is now a better place because of your sensitive outlook and comments. I look foward to more of your peace inspiring posts in the future.

Peace and Chicken grease!
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow, i didn't really think that this would be such a big deal. canada is the worlds second largest country in size, but we only have 30 million people. i'm anxious to hear what makes you all think that the united states is the greatest country in the world though.
    the significance of canada day marks the independence of canada from england, when canada became a confederation. so, it is just as important as your 4th. the only difference is that we maintain traditional ties to the british monarchy. we're not england's bitch.
    i don't know what sparked that comment, but frankly, it's ignorant.

the meaning of my post was to express my pride for living in canada and how lucky i am to do so.
    my response to tims post was just out of anger that he said we weren't a country, which is obviously false.

gully, you're one of a kind. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    so, how is the USA the best? if you're talking about population, well, you're behind china and india, by the way.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There goes Gully being the consummate fri-endly neighbour! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Would it hurt to have a little Respect for you neighbours to the north Gully? Someone starts a "Happy Canada Day" thread, and you invite yourself in to start calling Canadians "back-bacon eating Hosers". Ha ha, that was pretty funny 20 years ago hosehead!

BTW, that's the attitude "most other countries don't like being reminded of". But you're one classy dude 'cause you got so much respect. Ya, about as much respect as you have for your father while you're smoking his pole - which is probably what you'll be doing to celebrate the 4th of July [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    <i>"The great controversy will be ended, and the Mighty Van Halen shall reign forever. Amen."</i>

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimPabs1:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    don't fuck with me on canada day asshole. other days, maybe... not today though. i could go on and on and fuckin on about how much better canada is than the US, but i don't out of respect. not cool, man...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Some people just like to bitch and make a fuss. Take Gully and TimP, for instance. They constantly bitch about America, yet are quick to piss on anyone else having any national pride. Fuckin' wankers.

America certainly does produce some grade A assholes.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

:Canuckleheads: LMAO! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah, you guys have a great day. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

I noticed that www.google.com has a tribute on their index page. Very cool.

[ July 02, 2001 at 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Canada gets the thumbs up from me.

[ July 02, 2001 at 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Glenn ]