Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...8-pledge_x.htm

I am beginning to think we are going to hell before my eyes. When the fuck did we let these people run what is good in our country? Really, we have let the do gooders and simple minded take over this country. What happened to the good times when we did things for what the majority of the people want?
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i don't know executioner - it seems pretty straightforward to me. our founding fathers and the constitution established the seperation of church and state. plus, "under god" was never in the pledge originally.

i think we have much bigger problems than "under god", but it's an easy way to get under people's skin. i'd rather have every citizen vote (or at least show up and abstain), than hear the pledge. the pledge is nice, but too many people set their beer down at game and think they're patriotic heroes.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.12.13 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Ikeda:
    i don't know executioner - it seems pretty straightforward to me. our founding fathers and the constitution established the seperation of church and state. plus, "under god" was never in the pledge originally.
    Separation of church and state is a misleading metaphor. That our government is based on a complete separation of church and state is a fallacy. In brief, the phrase "wall of separation" is nowhere to be found in the Constitution itself; rather, it is a phrase the U.S. Supreme Court coined in Everson v. Bd. of Educ. , 330 U.S. 1 (1947). While the framers of the Constitution thought it wise not to establish an official state religion (i.e. the Anglican Church), they never contemplated a society in which religion was completely circumscribed from the official or public life of the United States. We elect the members of Congress to represent our interests--I have little doubt that when they added the phrase "under God" in 1954 that they did just that. While much has changed since 1954, I believe a majority of the country is comfortable with the inclusion of these two words in the Pledge of Allegiance. "God" means something different to different people. It is not, "one nation under Jesus Christ" or "under Allah" or "under Yaweh." The phrase is broad enough to be more inlcusive than exclusive. I know, I know not all religions are monotheistic. I've got to stop because I could waste far too much time on this. Bottom line: it seems to me that the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals lost sight of all of this--their decision is sheer lunacy.
    "With me in the band, it's one of those miraculous 97-97 deals. It's 97 percent you and 97 percent moi. Is it Mick or Keith? I don't know" -DLR

"We eventually started playing clubs, and we also did weddings. We played everything from the Ohio Players to K.C. & the Sunshine Band. You would love the sight of Van Halen doing 'Get Down Tonight'! But by the third set when everybody was good and tanked up--boy, we'd be blazin'!" -Michael Anthony

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

that bitch that plays basketball in michigan pisses me the fuck off when she turns her back on the flag

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Fuck this, the pledge has existed for years. It's the way it is. It's the national pledge to the stars and stripes. If you don't want to pledge that to our flag FINE....Then DON'T!!!! Easy enough? The majority of America grew up with it from generation to generation. If it causes that much of a problem for these NIMBY'S craving attention. Have an Anti-American pledge ceremony at your own home. Where you can burn the flag, bitch about our country, enjoy your freedom that you so greatly protest, gather the family and all share a big glass of SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! Well, to put it nicely. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Ou812max:
    Fuck this, the pledge has existed for years. It's the way it is. It's the national pledge to the stars and stripes. If you don't want to pledge that to our flag FINE....Then DON'T!!!! Easy enough? The majority of America grew up with it from generation to generation. If it causes that much of a problem for these NIMBY'S craving attention. Have an Anti-American pledge ceremony at your own home. Where you can burn the flag, bitch about our country, enjoy your freedom that you so greatly protest, gather the family and all share a big glass of SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! Well, to put it nicely. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    max come on down here sometime cuz i wanna buy ya a fuckin beer! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.19.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by oldno.7:
    ..."God" means something different to different people. It is not, "one nation under Jesus Christ" or "under Allah" or "under Yaweh." The phrase is broad enough to be more inclusive than exclusive...
    Now here's one we haven't heard a million times. And it bears repeating.

Good on ya, Ol'#7!
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

"...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

and by the way...

Eat Us And Smile.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by JMJ:
    max come on down here sometime cuz i wanna buy ya a fuckin beer! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Right back at you my avitar bro! If we get some normal snow next year bail up here and we'll ski up a mutha fukka and I'll buy you a thousand beers. You might like this local delicacy:

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Ou812max:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:
    Right back at you my avitar bro! If we get some normal snow next year bail up here and we'll ski up a mutha fukka and I'll buy you a thousand beers. You might like this local delicacy:

</font>[/QUOTE]scha-wing!

soo be there!

JMJ...bottoms up! [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:49 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    [quote]Originally posted by Ou812max:
    You might like this local delicacy:

The Beer or the Broad?
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:49 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by JMJ:
    that bitch that plays basketball in michigan pisses me the fuck off when she turns her back on the flag

JMJ
    The stupid broad probably enjoys all the attention she's getting. I just hit the remote when they show her on TV. It's not news worthy really. There's lots of people just as stupid as she is that don't get any press. She'll fade away soon enough.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For margeritas and several Buddy wisers later, I say say send all of the imports that are living in america and cause us to change our fundamental way of living to their own country. The moon would do. This is America where we were built on honest to goodness morals...well, for the most part, and they have all been picked to death to serve the few bastards that don't like the american way. I love america and will never leave, but we have practically hanged ourselves trying to serve the few. GOD BLESS AMERICA, LAND THAT I LOVE. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united states of america, one nation under god, idivisible, with liberty, and justice for all. (I hope for my sake I got that right because I am having a hard time focusing)... [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

--Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to choose from...
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

I don't think they should pledge for two reasons:

1) It IS a violation of church and state

and 2) it is done so often and so routine that it has lost all meaning, the vast majority of the kids that do it everyday in school have no idea why they are doing it or what it stands for, it's just part of their schedule, like brushing their teeth.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good grief charlie brown.

--Will Rogers

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Executionor:
    Good grief charlie brown.
    exactly

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10