Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Whatever. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] Of course we shouldn't be totally complacent, but think about it, did they tell us they were going to hijack four airplanes, fly two of them into the WTC, and another into the Pentagon? If they're going to do something they'll just do it, if they can. Why would they warn us about it? That would be kind of stupid, wouldn't it? To allow us to get prepared for it, and attempt to prevent it? If (God forbid) another large scale attack occurs, I seriously doubt that it will be specifically pointed out like this in the form of some warning. It just wouldn't make much sense for them to do that. Things like this, if they're even legitimate, are nothing more than attempted scare tactics, IMO.
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree, but... these are the same kind of threats used by our Department of Homeland Security to elevate our multi-colored warning scale...

I don't believe we should be running for the hills screaming, but I do think we should be aware that there is a potential for this to happen. Our water plants are highly vulnerable here in the US. They need to be more secure.

As for biologicals... Given that the terrorists are willing to strap bombs to themselves and blas themselves into oblivion, I sincerely believe that they would be willing to inject themselves or ingest themselves with a highly lethal, highly contagious disease and then travel through US, contaminating everyone in sight, without their knowledge.

We're at war after all. War is different now from anything we've ever contemplated. Right or wrong, that's the way it is. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

[ June 10, 2002, 05:40 AM: Message edited by: LA ]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ironically, yesterday Stephen Kings, "The Stand" was on television yesterday... A government designed "super flu" called Captain Tripps is accidentally released by an infected, terrified worker... and it spreads like wildfire, wiping out the majority of the US, probably the world... and how the survivors battle evil with good.

Excellent book, movie well done.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is not good at all.....
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 984 Times in 396 Posts

Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    This is not good at all.....
    not much is good in the world anymore.

they foiled a plot today to use a "dirty" bomb here in the states. the guy was arrested a month ago. this shit has been going on for a long time. it's just more prevalent to us now because unfortunately we had a taste of it on our own soil on 9/11.

if these pepole could blow up america right now they would. it's hard to fight a war against people you cannot see. it's like in top gun when tom cruise says he feels like he's flying against ghosts. it's not the easiet thing in the world to do.

we need to be aware of the possible dangers that are right in our own country now. like it or not, you have to accept it. it's a way of life now.

we need the rest of the civilized world to help us crack down on these people. we can't do it by ourselves

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Al Qaeda Threatens Use of Chemical, Biological Weapons

Sunday, June 09, 2002

An ominous new threat against the U.S. appears on a Web site and claims to be from an Al Qaeda spokesman.

It says the U.S. has killed thousands of people in Iraq, the Palestinian territories, Afghanistan, and other places.

And so, it reads: "We have the right to kill four million Americans, including one million children," and it says, "we have the right to fight them by chemical and biological weapons so they catch the fatal and unusual diseases Muslims have caught due to U.S. chemical and biological weapons."

I personally hope it's just some guy with a very sick sense of humor, but I remember that there were threats of doom and gloom to America on the web prior to 9/11 too.

"[T]he fatal and unusual diseases Muslims have caught due to U.S. chemical and biological weapons"? I wonder where this douchebag gets his facts from? Hopefully the same place our military will be sending him...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by JMJ:
    they foiled a plot today to use a "dirty" bomb here in the states. the guy was arrested a month ago.
    And the really weird part about that was the guy wasn't even an Arab.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MikeL:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:
    they foiled a plot today to use a "dirty" bomb here in the states. the guy was arrested a month ago.
    And the really weird part about that was the guy wasn't even an Arab. </font>[/QUOTE]Born in NY and raised in Chicago! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

That actually is even a bit more frightening... but it gets to what I was getting at in some other threads... Don't look only to Arabs for our leads when interrogating, or we'll miss key and critical suspects. This guy was recruited when he was in prison.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the most critical thing though, is that this man is an American Citizen. Plotting to destroy... kill, immobilize... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty..."
    -Thomas Jefferson
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by LA:
    That actually is even a bit more frightening... but it gets to what I was getting at in some other threads... Don't look only to Arabs for our leads when interrogating, or we'll miss key and critical suspects. This guy was recruited when he was in prison.
    Who'd a thunk it, eh? I guess we'll have to start screening all Latino guys who fit that profile besides the Arabs. The lines at the interogation centers might get a little long, but it'd seem to be the prudent thing to do.

Seriously, it's nice to know the folks running the show know what they're doing. After months of talk about dirty bombs they actually foiled a plot involving one. That's comforting in a way.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

All Of Them
    Last Online

02.17.12 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Listen...

The more these guys talk...the more ridiculous they make themselves look. And the wilder their threats get, the more they galvanize the world against terrorism. There has been and always will be the threat of war. Make no mistake, this is what this is....it's war by stealth. In time, rest assured, this will all get sorted out. It always does. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    This Member:Van Halen Fan EST. 1978

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:03 PM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by MikeL:
    And the really weird part about that was the guy wasn't even an Arab[/QB]
    No, but he was a fanatical Muslim. So the Arab-only thing doesn't work.

Seriously though the deal with "Profiling" is that it won't work if we continue to search 80-year old Grandmothers, Dan Qualye (no jokes), Congressional Medal-of-Honor War Heroes, Congressmen with artificial limbs, etc. etc. Profiling only means you give the guy (or girl) a second look. You don't intern them, beat them or otherwise abuse them. Profiling has become a dirty word due in large part to the egresses of past officers and agents. We pay cops at the local and federal level to be suspicious, that's part of their job. And profiling is a neccessary tool. It can be misused just like any tool but it is necessary nonetheless.

Regarding Congressional Medal-of-Honor Heroes, did you hear about that one. Someone, I believe it was Joe Foss who was a Marine Pilot in WWII and Korea and won the Medal of Honor, anyway he was wearing the Medal while going thru an airport and was made to take it off and pass several times thru the X-ray machine. (He has several metal objects in his body due to war injuries) He was held up by the screeners for several minutes and subjected to a search. Now you can say they (the screeners) were only doing their job and that no one knew who he was. The point is if an 80 year-old Medal-of-Honor winner is subjected to this treatment, someone isn't using any common sense. This isn't profiling, just stupidity. I guess that isn't news however. If some of these screeners had actually graduated High School, things might be different.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man... I like how this guy writes...

My question for that woman is, what part in her government beaurocratic mind, prevented her from calling someone to report this man's plans in the first place???

Hind sight is foresight, but this... geez... [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

I wonder how much SHE earns a year!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by CHRIS:
    Listen...

The more these guys talk...the more ridiculous they make themselves look. And the wilder their threats get, the more they galvanize the world against terrorism. There has been and always will be the threat of war. Make no mistake, this is what this is....it's war by stealth. In time, rest assured, this will all get sorted out. It always does. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I agree with CHRIS here -

Think about Saddam Hussein, and all the threats he's issued repeatedly. They are always on a grand scale, describing horrific acts with huge consequences. They are just playing on our fears, remember? The first step is always to attempt to instill fear and break down our morale so that they can cause panic.

Not to say these things could never happen, but as LA said, we need to be cautious yet not panicked.