Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

That administration just makes me want to puke. Vandalism, inconcievable pardons, sex scandals.....on and on, and on. There was NO honor in our nations highest office. Unbelievably dissapointing and sad. I'm glad the media has let loose and coming at him (them) with both barrels blazing.

Whats scary is we hired this bastard (twice!)! I think we need to do our job interviews a little better.

Funny, I havnt seen the normal Clinton lovers in this forum come running to his rescue with the pardon thing.

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VHI--5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained--Humans Being
    Last Online

11.11.14 @ 08:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ford???

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

EXCUSE ME?!?!

Wrong end of the spectrum bro. Ford and I uh....differ in our political perspective me thinks....just a little bit.

------------------

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VHI--5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained--Humans Being
    Last Online

11.11.14 @ 08:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, No Seenbad--I'm on the same team as you I was simply waiting for FORD's slant on all of this--if anyone can defend these pigs it's FORD--or try to defend them anyway.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Gotcha My bad. I was completely shocked there for a moment

------------------

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Kick ass! Another political thread. Out.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:
    Whats scary is we hired this bastard (twice!)! I think we need to do our job interviews a little better.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, at least we hired Clinton. As for doing our interviews a little better, we obviously haven't learned that lesson yet. There's no better example of that than W. The Republican party's substance was lost when they bought into Bush's buzz, and neglected John McCain. They lost my respect when they chose not to ask Bush the hard questions that they ask of their opponents. They sell themselves as the party of values, yet dilute that message by not examing their own beyond the surface.

2001 marks the ending of the Great American Democracy, and the begining of the Great American Hypocracy.

Ignorance is bliss.

[This message has been edited by MikeL (edited January 25, 2001 at 09:23 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Well, they all claim to be the party of morals and values in one way or another. Blah Blah Blah.

Frankly, I agree that it was a sell out for the party to swing to Bush. McCain was a much more worthy individual.

At least "we" hired Clinton? Not sure what you meant by that. Are you insinuating that Bush was actually not voted in? I wont make assumptions on your behalf.

And 2001 marking the end of a great american democracy? Beggining of the Hypocracy?....WTF? It's not like you to break open the cheese like that Mikey. And sure, I'll pretend with you for a while that Clinton was not a hypocrite. Sure. Now, lets continue our journey on down the yellow brick road. Were almost to Oz. Oh looky, the pretty rainbow! What a wonderfull place this is that you occupy! But, I think I'll go back to the world where I get up in the morning and go to work every day. Got a wife, daughter. You know, gotta pay those taxes.

(I really usually dont get into these)

------------------

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    2001 marks the ending of the Great American Democracy, and the begining of the Great American Hypocracy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can it end when it never existed to begin with?

Hypocrisy? LOL. How about "the most ethical administration in the history of America?"

Clinton summed up his entire eight years in the last 48 hours as president. A whilrwind of corruption. Cutting a deal with Ray, admitting to lying, and then sending his staff out to say he *didn't* admit to lying.

Pardoning his brother, Susan McDougal (but not Webb Hubble), and Marc Rich. He's the best, a man that fled the country and never stood trial. He pulled a fucking Roman Polanski (minus the rape, of course; we leave such matters to Bubba ).

And Hillary, registering like a bride, scamming to get her filthy hands on everything she could before the Senate ethics rules kicked in.

Classy, baby...

The vandalism of the White House offices doesn't surprise me at all. Not a bit. In their final act, those jackasses represented everything Bubba was, is, and will forever be - To the hilt.

Garbage in, garbage out.

------------------
    "Hey Down, my brotha, never ever forget your priorities... Beer first, trash second." - A life lesson, courtesy of track 5

Official Bartender Of VHForums

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah, it's cheesy Seenbad, but it's true. People got so up in arms over Clinton's bullshit (as DIF so eloquently demonstrated) that they voted in a man just like him. Now quite a few people will probably tell me George is a wonderful, honest, stand-up kind of family man who embodies all of America's best, but we all know that that is a bunch of shit put out by the people who sold him to us. Would a caring father go on vacation when his teenage daughter is in the hospital for emergancy surgery? Don't make excuses for the man, but ask yourself if you would do that.

The Republican Party has become what it professed to depise. Bush is the Republican Clinton. If you can't see that, I'm sorry. The next four years will be disappointing for you.

Idiotic "hey, sounds good to me" policy will become the norm. Education, Social Security, national defence, and the environment will all suffer under Bush's inept and superficial policies.

Clinton had a messed up personal life while in office, but he did nothing to harm the country. Some idiot will mention Chinese espionage, but that'll just prove my point about ignorance being bliss. Bush stands to do damage to the infrastructure of the United States that could take decades to recover from.

He wouldn't mind a recession. That'll give him an excuse to make his "sounds good to me" tax cut happen. He wouldn't mind a hard landing for the economy either, as we'd probably pull out of it shortly before 2004. To hell with the American people that have a hard time due to the policies.

He'll fail in his promises to the military. He wants to reduce revenue (taxes) yet spend more on silly and impotent strategic defense systems. Where will the money come from to pay our troops a fair salary, and make sure the good ones (and their experience) stay in the uniform? How's he going to manage to keep the C-17 line open when the money goes to research for a useless system? Is the JSF going to be gutted or cancelled because of it? Will the Army have to delay developement of its next generation MBT? All of these questions are serious issues that threaten our ability to field an effective force 10 years from now.

Why drill for oil in our last known national reserves when we can import it less-expensively? GWB doesn't want you to ask that question, because he doesn't have an answer other than "sounds good." It's so fucking stupid to put our resources into that. Those untapped oil fields will be invaluable to this country in 20 years. GWB doesn't give a shit about that, or doesn't understand it.

Privatise Social Security? Does the man understand that Social Security came about because of people's inability to effectively plan for their retirements? People are living longer than ever, so a robust SS is essential. John Doe doesn't understand shit about investments, and the rampant speculation in technology stocks the past few years has proven that. At most John Doe is a believer in the greater fool theory. Now GWB wants to allow him to invest portions of his SS contribution so that he's in control? "Sounds good..."

The stupid son of a bitch will gut our educational system too, if he gets his way. School vouchers represent the lazy way to "fix" perceived problems in our public education system. Stripping money from a school's budget does nothing to improve the education that goes on in that school. Want to improve our educational system? Pay teachers a respectable salary so that smart, capable people will aspire to become teachers. Schools are starved for money as it is. Take away any more, and extraciricular programs will be the first to die. That'll put kids out on the streets after school, instead of in a supervised situation. "Sounds good...," policy in action, ladies and gentlemen.

Why the fuck did anyone who can think their way out of a paperbag vote for that man? We all got duped, just because some people dislike Clinton so much that they stopped listening and thinking. What a god damn shame.

[This message has been edited by MikeL (edited January 25, 2001 at 11:35 PM).]

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    Would a caring father go on vacation when his teenage daughter is in the hospital for emergancy surgery? Don't make excuses for the man, but ask yourself if you would do that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly the question that I asked myself. Heck, the guy didn't even accompany his wife and ill daughter to the hospital to find out what was wrong with the child. The media reported that he waited at home for Laura to notify him of the nature of the illness before he joined them at the hospital. Yeah, the excuse can be made that with security and all, he didn't want to burden the hospital and staff unless necessary....

But come on, would any of you who are parents leave your child who had recently undergone surgery while you take off for a long awaited vacation?

I wouldn't...couldn't.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I can smell it now, "Vacationgate."

------------------
    "Hey Down, my brotha, never ever forget your priorities... Beer first, trash second." - A life lesson, courtesy of track 5

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Down In Flames:
    I can smell it now, "Vacationgate."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

Hey Downie, is something up with AB? Can't read the last page...

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Checking it out now LA, I've noticed the problem, myself.

------------------