Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

JOHN SYKES: I Will Not Be Touring With WHITESNAKE - Nov. 17, 2002

Former WHITESNAKE guitarist John Sykes will NOT be participating in the legendary group's upcoming reunion tour, according to a posting from the axeman on his official web site.

"To set the record straight, I will not be participating in the upcoming WHITESNAKE tour," Sykes said. "I hope this answers the numerous questions that have come in regarding this."

As previously reported, WHITESNAKE are strongly rumored to be planning a return to the live arena via a U.S. package tour with THE SCORPIONS, tentatively set to take place in the spring. In addition, unconfirmed reports suggest that WHITESNAKE mastermind David Coverdale is mulling an offer from Locomotive/WEA Records for a possible new studio album, the group's first since 1997's "Restless Heart" effort (which came out under the DAVID COVERDALE & WHITESNAKE moniker).
    Blabbermouth

[ November 21, 2002, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

DAVE GROHL: I Should Play Drums For LED ZEPPELIN - Nov. 16, 2002

Former NIRVANA drummer and current FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl believes that he should play drums on LED ZEPPELIN's much-rumored "reunion" tour.

"Here's my new mission. LED ZEPPELIN is doing a reunion tour. John Paul Jones, Robert Plant. I gotta get that drumming gig. I gotta do it if Starkey [a.k.a. Zak Starkey, son of ex-THE BEATLES drummer Ringo Starr] don't get it," Dave told Flaunt magazine. "This is my mission. I have John Bonham tattoos ... one on my wrist, one on my shoulder, another on my shoulder. This is the first time I've ever said this in an interview. When I was a kid, I actually had this freaky séance thing where I lit all these candles and I was sitting in front of this three-circled thing, like I sold my soul to LED ZEPPELIN. It's so retarded."
    Blabbermouth

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

02.27.07 @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NEWS FLASH DAVE GROHL!!!!!
    Didnt you play in Shitvana????????

You are not worthy of licking the sweat off John Bonham's balls!!!! - and he's been dead for 20 years!!!!!!!!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by kenny5150:
    NEWS FLASH DAVE GROHL!!!!!
    Didnt you play in Shitvana????????

You are not worthy of licking the sweat off John Bonham's balls!!!! - and he's been dead for 20 years!!!!!!!!
    Um. NEWSFLASH!!

Dave Grohl is a BADASS drummer.
    I've got the cure you're thinking of.<br />------------------<br />Remixed! Van Halen covers done by my band: <br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Dreams.mp3" target="_blank">Dreams</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Panama.mp3" target="_blank">Panama</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Unchained.mp3" target="_blank">Unchained</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/AtomicPunk.mp3" target="_blank">Atomic Punk</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/SomebodyGetMeADoctor.mp3" target="_blank">Somebody Get Me a Doctor</a><br /><br />NEW: Burning Tires and Dr. Love:<br /><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/HearAboutItLater.mp3" target="_blank">Hear About It Later</a>

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie\'s cryin\', Dreams, Right now
    Last Online

02.27.07 @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah.....ok, but he doesn't even play drums in his own band!!!!!??!!!!
    I wouldn't have thought filling the drum stool with Shitvana qualified Dave for a gig with Zep, Bonham tatts or not.
    Anyhow I thought it was Bonzo's offspring who was in line for the job??

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Barricade-storming fans of Rage Against the Machine shouldn't expect the same politically charged aesthetic from Audioslave, the new group that plops Soundgarden's tortured heartthrob, Chris Cornell, onto a Zack de la Rocha-less Rage. Cornell, who still wears a weathered pair of motorcycle boots from his Soundgarden days, is reluctant to abandon that group's relatively apolitical legacy. ''I would be pretending,'' he says, ''if I tried to write politically motivated lyrics all the time.'' The 14 songs on Audioslave's eponymous Nov. 19 debut avoid overt agit-rock; instead, feeling-Minnesota lyrics like ''I can tell you why/People die alone'' function as what former Rage guitarist Tom Morello approvingly calls ''haunted, existential poetry.''

Can this really be the work of Rage -- the band that torched an American flag at Woodstock '99 and jammed outside the Democratic National Convention in 2000? Audioslave, which broke up and reformed before ever releasing an album, may share their progenitor's volatility. But the new band's story -- which melds an apparently genuine creative bond with a near-fatal business struggle -- begins where Rage's tale fades.

After nine years and just three albums of original material, Rage Against the Machine ceased to exist on October 18, 2000. ''Our decision-making process has completely failed,'' rapper Zack de la Rocha, the group's natty-dreaded lead revolutionary, announced that morning, en route to a solo career.

Three months passed before Morello regrouped with Rage bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk. Long fed up with waiting for the mercurial de la Rocha to feel like recording or touring, the trio, ready to seize the means of production, decided to soldier on. Says Commerford: ''Before Zack left the band, we had discussed every option. Are we willing to go through this same thing again and again, or are we gonna empower ourselves and see what we're made of?''

The trio halfheartedly considered a pairing with an old friend, Cypress Hill rapper B-Real. But it was producer Rick Rubin who suggested that the spooky musings and melodic smarts that Cornell lent to Soundgarden might withstand Rage's squall of hip-hop Zeppelinisms. And Cornell, who had just started work on his second solo album since Soundgarden's 1997 collapse (his first, ''Euphoria Morning,'' suffered far-from-euphoric sales), was willing to try -- provided some ground rules were set.

''I'm not gonna rap,'' says Cornell, who looks like the least likely MC on the planet, even with his long rocker tresses snipped into short, blond-highlighted spikes. ''There was never any discussion of me being the singer of Rage or me having anything to do with what Rage meant. It was always gonna be something new.''

When Cornell finally arrived at Rage's dingy Los Angeles rehearsal studio last February, magic ensued -- or so the musicians say. Within minutes, Cornell was roaring on what would become the 12th track on Audioslave, ''Light My Way.'' ''I had my eyes closed and my head down,'' says Wilk. ''I started playing, and I heard that voice that I'm so used to hearing on Soundgarden records -- it was surreal for me. I knew that something was clicking.''

In what Morello calls ''an amazing explosion of creativity,'' the band wrote 21 songs in 19 days. Cornell, who has sole writing credit on most Soundgarden hits, from ''Rusty Cage'' to ''Black Hole Sun,'' rarely grabbed a guitar: ''With this band, I was happy to write songs together in a room.''

And while Cornell's recent work had found him mellowing into Lennonesque pop and soul crooning, he rediscovered the high-pitched wail of his youth on all-out stompers like ''Set It Off.'' ''It was Timmy and Brad and Tom'' who inspired him, Cornell admits. ''I don't know that I would've done it on my own.''

The Rage guys, meanwhile, moved beyond the lockstep riffs of their Zack years and embraced rich chord progressions, low-key strumming, and slow-hand leads from the famously noisy Morello. ''That's the kind of stuff I play all the time when I sit around jamming with VH1,'' he says. ''I felt the courage to put it on record for the first time.''

With a musical style in place, the still-unnamed band struck unusual deals with Rage's and Cornell's record companies (Epic and Interscope Geffen A&M, respectively) and eventually went into the studio with Rubin. They were booked onto this summer's Ozzfest tour. And around that time, creative magic notwithstanding, Cornell quit the band.

So what went wrong? All four members resolutely blame the split on -- yawn -- management problems. Rage's management company, QPrime, clashed with Cornell's manager, Jim Guerinot. And vice versa, the band claims. The tension made it impossible to move forward. (Both management concerns declined to comment.) Over the summer, thrilled by Rubin's final mix of their album, the band ditched their handlers for industry powerhouse the Firm. Since then, they insist, the machine's been running smoothly, with promises of a tour (no Rage or Soundgarden songs allowed) and more albums to come.

Morello and Cornell acknowledge one other issue behind the rift: a dispute over how much of Rage's far-left ideology would survive in Audioslave. When the subject is first broached, Cornell averts his pale blue eyes. ''I'm not sure what you mean,'' he says. Later, he's more forthcoming. ''It just served as a distraction,'' Cornell says of the information coming at the band from an on-payroll political consultant. In his mind, no one but Morello was paying attention. ''It didn't seem like the band as a whole wanted that focus.''

Morello says fighting for social justice is as important to him as ever -- but he's separated that battle from Audioslave. His activism is now channeled through Axis of Justice, an advocacy group he recently founded with System of a Down's Serj Tankian. ''What we decided to do here is best for everybody involved,'' says Morello, who has made his political consultant an Axis employee. ''It lets me run unfettered in politics while maintaining band cohesion. The [other members] don't necessarily want to be asked questions about Guatemalan labor unions.''

Both Commerford and Wilk say that they intend to continue their old band's mission offstage but don't need it in their music anymore. ''We lasted longer than the MC5 did in doing it,'' says Wilk. ''We put in 10 years, and that's more than some people spend in the Army, serving whatever.''

It's hard to imagine a similar term of service for Audioslave. Like the fireworks that light the band's ''Cochise'' video, supergroups tend to burn brightly, then disappear. Rubin says he's uncertain about the group's future, ''based on the fact that this album almost never got done at one point.'' And even Cornell says that as a kid he imagined such bands as ''guys who don't talk to each other arriving for rehearsal in four white limousines.'' But maybe Audioslave is different.

Mark Romanek, who directed the ''Cochise'' clip, says that its closing shot of the band's warm group hug was a spontaneous, unscripted moment: ''These are four guys who really love each other.'' Or who at least can stand sharing a limo -- for now.

This story is excerpted from a longer piece in Entertainment Weekly's new music supplement, Listen2This. If you are already a magazine subscriber and would like to receive Listen2This -- loaded with more music features, reviews, and charts -- visit www.ew.com/register2listen.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

There has been lots of talk about James Cameron reuniting with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Tom Arnold on a True Lies sequel. Cameron, however, says he won't be involved. "No, I won't be doing True Lies 2," he told Coming Soon!'s Chuck the Movieguy. Definitely disappointing news to hear.

Cameron has been busy producing films like Solaris, but don't think that is going to keep him from directing and finding new ways to wow us on the big screen. "Producing has been fun, it's got its satifactions, I've directed three non-fiction films in the last year, two of which are not finished yet, I've developed new technology for 3D photography which I will be using in feature films in the future. I'm just on the verge of going back to that having waited to get the technological ducks in a row for that".

Does that mean we will have to wear glasses for the films? "You gotta wear the glasses, there is no 3D without the glasses, trust me on this.." Do you mean the old red and blue glasses? "No, no.. this is cool, you have to take my word for this, it's cool." And how good are they? "Really cool!" How good? "Really F***ing good!"

Solaris opens in theaters on November 27.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

First Look at The Hulk on the Super Bowl?
    Sunday, November 17, 2002 1:56 CST

This hasn't been confirmed, but scooper 'alterego' may have landed us the first word on when we'll get a glimpse at The Hulk CG creature for the first time...

Universal Studios has purchased over 2 minutes of air time for the Super Bowl where it will present the first full trailer for HULK and give viewers their first look at the cg hero.

The 2003 Super Bowl takes place in San Diego on January 26. Stay tuned for a possible confirmation of the above!

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

KISS' GENE SIMMONS: Why We Fired ERIC CARR On His Deathbed - Nov. 18, 2002

During a recent question-and-answer session with fans attending his Tongue Tour in Australia, KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons addressed the group's decision to fire drummer Eric Carr a short time after he was diagnosed with cancer in 1991.

"This is still a very emotional subject," Simmons said. "At first, when Eric was coughing up blood, he was referred to the KISS medics, and at first it did not seem to be serious. It wasn't until Eric had open-heart surgery that the tumors were found. Myself and Paul were the only people with Eric at the time, and we allowed Eric all the time in the world to recover and rejoin the band. Unfortunately, the cancer spread and we then knew he only had a matter of months to live. We sat down with Eric and told him that the band still had to move forward, which is when we then recruited Eric Singer and told Eric Carr he had been replaced. Eric was definitely upset with the decision, and when Eric was then released from hospital and we were doing the 'God Gave Rock and Roll to You' video, Eric asked if he could be a part of the video which we obliged to. Eric struggled to meet the video demands and did end up completing it, and unfortunately, a few months later Eric died."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

ANTHRAX To Release 'We've Come For You All' In February - Nov. 18, 2002

ANTHRAX's new album, "We've Come For You All", will be released in Japan through JVC Records on Feb. 4, 2003 and in Europe through Nuclear Blast Records on Feb. 24. The U.S., Canada, South America and Australia/New Zealand will follow shortly thereafter.

In other news, ANTHRAX were joined by MOTÖRHEAD's Lemmy Kilmister, Phil Campbell and Mikkey Dee for a rendition of the latter band's "We Are The Road Crew" at the final concert of the two groups' European tour, which took place on Oct. 29 in Paris, France. "Lemmy had his mic stand and everything!" ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian wrote on the band's official web site. "When his bass kicked in, it was the loudest, heaviest thing ever! You killed my French friends. Thank you. And MOTÖRHEAD killed as well. They were tearing it up every night. So much energy comes off their stage. They're fucking MOTÖRHEAD and like Lemmy said every night, 'We're never going away.' Thanks for taking us out. We'd play with you anytime, anywhere. Every one of you a gentleman."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

OZZY, KELLY OSBOURNE To Appear On 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' - Nov. 17, 2002

Ozzy Osbourne and daughter Kelly will appear on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Wednesday, Nov. 20, with Kelly serving as the musical guest. Next Saturday, Nov. 23, at 1:00 p.m., MTV will be airing the entire first season of "The Osbournes", preceded by the documentary "Catching Up With The Osbournes". The second season of "The Osbournes" will premiere on Nov. 26, which is the same day that Kelly Osbourne's album, "Shut Up!" , comes out. The second season is said to pick up just where the last one left off and will include Sharon Osbourne's bout with cancer, Kelly's career, the family's trip to Washington, D.C., for dinner with the President, the acquisition of more dogs, and more. The show will air Tuesday nights at 10:30 p.m. PT/ET after "The Real World: Las Vegas".

In other Osbournes-related news, Kelly Osbourne will conduct her first-ever in-store at Tower Records in West Hollywood, California on Saturday, Nov. 30 at 2:00 p.m. Kelly's first concert to promote "Shut Up!" , scheduled to take place at New York City's Irving Plaza on Tuesday, Nov. 26, sold out in 15 minutes last week.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

GUNS N' ROSES To Attempt World Record In Philadelphia - Nov. 17, 2002

GUNS N' ROSES will attempt to enter the Guinness Book of World Records in Philadelphia, PA, when they become only the second act to play back-to-back shows at the First Union Center (December 6) and trek 758 feet, nine-and-a-half inches across the parking lot to the neighboring First Union Spectrum (December 8). Tickets for the newly-added second date went on sale on Saturday, November 16 at 10 a.m.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND performed back-to-back performances at the First Union Spectrum on September 24, 1999, and then moved everything across the parking lot to the First Union Center on September 25, 1999.

Arena owners Comcast-Spectacor will once again contact the Guinness Book of World Records for consideration for a new record — "The Shortest Distance Ever Traveled Between Arena Rock Shows." The record was submitted in 1999. However, Guinness couldn't create a category for the record.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

ROB ZOMBIE Teams Up With DROWNING POOL For 'Daredevil' Soundtrack - Nov. 17, 2002

ROB ZOMBIE has teamed up with the surviving members of DROWNING POOL to record a song for the soundtrack to "Daredevil".

DROWNING POOL, who were originally approached about contributing a song to the CD earlier in the year, were forced to abandon all activities when the band's singer, Dave Williams, passed away this summer. Earlier this month, the remaining band members approached Rob Zombie and asked if he would be interested in doing the vocals for the unfinished track. Zombie had gotten to know Williams while both were on this year's Ozzfest and was reportedly more than happy lend his signature vocals to the "crushing" song, titled "The Man Without Fear". The track, which was recorded at a Los Angeles studio with producer Scott Humphrey, is tentatively scheduled to surface in early February.

"Daredevil", a $50 million adaptation of the famed Marvel superhero, stars Ben Affleck in the role of Matt Murdock, a lawyer and martial arts expert who — after becoming disenchanted with the justice system — turns into a vigilante crime fighter when a freak accident with a radioactive transport truck leaves him blind, but gives him special powers of perception. The film is scheduled for a Feb. 14, 2003 theatrical release.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing Filming in Prague
    Monday, November 18, 2002 7:32 CST

Screen Daily reports that Universal and Stephen Sommers' Van Helsing has entered pre-production in Prague, with principle photography on the monster thriller, starring Hugh Jackman, set to start in the Czech capital in January.

The film will take advantage of Prague's "castles-and-landscapes" architecture this winter, with a combination of studio and outdoor shoots. In addition to outdoor locations, producers have chosen to shoot in both of Prague's major film studios. About half the six-month shoot will take place in Los Angeles.

Van Helsing resurrects several renowned ghouls from the Universal stable of creatures, including Frankenstein, Dracula and the Wolf Man, along with Bram Stoker's original vampire-hunter, Dr. Abraham Van Helsing.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

More Bionic Woman TV Details
    Monday, November 18, 2002 10:54 CST

Filmjerk.com has recieved new details on the upcoming Bionic Woman TV project, produced by Jennifer and Suzanne Todd, which will begin shooting in January. The lead character is still named Jamie Sommers and here's a description...

"The Bionic Woman is back, reinvented with wit, intelligence and a terrific sense of humor. Our heroine is an attractive, ambitious and driven woman. On assignment as a tenacious news producer, she almost succumbs to peril, but is saved and made "better, stronger, faster." After her rehabilitation and with her new physical enhancements, she is able to return to the life she has always known, but will it ever be the same? She has got a secret she is not able to share, and she'll have to readjust to her old life, with the sometime advantage of her new bionics. We all know it's awkward when you realize that you are faster than your boyfriend on a casual weekend jog..."

Mark Levin and Jennifer Flackett are the writers on the TV pilot.