Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sorry I didn't put this in the normal Entertainment thread, but I just can't contain my excitement at this prospect.......

Paramount Adapting John Carter of Mars
    Friday, April 12, 2002 2:22 CDT

Paramount Pictures has made a deal to adapt Edgar Rice Burroughs' 11-volume "John Carter of Mars" literary series. Par-based producers Jim Jacks and Sean Daniels' Alphaville Prods. plans to turn the first book into a movie.

Jacks told the trade that three of the best-known books (which include "Gods of Mars" and "The Warlord of Mars") are likely to be made into pics of a scope "akin to 'The Lord of the Rings' and 'Star Wars,' but were impossible to make before, because CGI (technology) wasn't there."

Coupling science-fiction and romantic derring-do, "A Princess of Mars" is the first adventure of John Carter, a vet of the American Civil War who, while resting in a cave, finds himself transported to Mars.

Instead of a dusty, lifeless rock, Carter finds Mars populated with giant (predictably green) men, and creatures both friendly and ferocious, disembodied and embodied. Along the way, Carter must save a princess, Dejah Thoris.

[ April 12, 2002 at 03:55 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm praying they don't plan on hiring "The Rock" or some other muscle-head to play the role!
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    I'm praying they don't plan on hiring "The Rock" or some other muscle-head to play the role!
    FH, I don't know about that. The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) looks like he's being groomed to be the next big box office action hero. OK, when Hogan attempted movies it was a fucking joke.. but something tells me this guy can act, & has the charisma to pull it of... but I could be wrong, I don't think I've seen ANY wrestler in a movie be anything other then A WRESTLER IN A MOVIE. Remember Roddy Piper? (Although, of all the wrestlers to make movies, he was pretty much the most credible actor of the bunch). My all time favorite wrestler-in-a-movie; Andre The Giant in The Princes Bride "I am the Dread Pirate Roberts & I have come for your soooooooooooul"!
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

lol! It's funny, P-Man, I was expecting to be reamed pretty good by you for bad-mouthing the Rock!