Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Before I give my two-cent review of the latest James Bond flick, let me address what needs to be done with this series.....
    This franchise needs to be taken from the Broccoli family (the producers) and given to some new talent for a change. Get some great action directors on it: Tarantino, Ridley Scott, David Fincher, John Woo, just to name a few. Somebody needs to inject some life into this series. I'm a huge Bond fan and think Pierce Brosnan (the next one is his last) makes a great James Bond, but if you're going to make it an "all new" series with other talent-get Christian Bale to play Bond.
    Now, onto the new film.....
    First off, the theme music and Madonna in general. Will somebody please inform Madonna that she's no longer relevant to our society whether it's musically or on film? Her cameo appearance shows you just how untalented she is as an actress. Complete with her 30 blink-per-second eyes and phoney British accent (well, this scene did take place in London), she doesn't seem to know how to move her body and she's supposed to be a fencing instructor. She looked paralyzed!!!
    Oh yeah, horrible theme song!
    Second, the plot. Man, this was recycled from some of the latter-day Roger Moore films when poor Roger looked out of breath in every scene. Poor Pierce Brosnan could've been handed some better plots on his run. The last good one was "Tomorrow Never Dies". That last one was just plain terrible. I prefered "License to Kill" over that one!
    Third, Halle Berry. Can somebody explain to me how she got an Oscar for her television-movie-of-the-week performance in "Monster's Ball" (the movie, which I actually enjoyed). Julia Roberts did the same thing with what should've been a movie-of-the-week with "Erin Brockovitch"! She cannot act. She made a horrible "Storm" in the "X Men" movie and she's just as bad here. Eye candy, that's it! That's usually the case for all of the gals and they usually don't go anywhere afterwards-so this might be good after all. Supposedly, they want to make a spin-off of her character! They should've done that with Michelle Yeoh's character from "Tomorrow Never Dies" instead!
    Finally, the action sequences. As usual, they don't disappoint and they go a little too over the top on them. The wind-surfing scene was too corny and I was a little miffed that one of the villian's had a car on par with Bond's! That should never happen!!! "Q" was missed but John Cleese did a pretty good job in his place. It was cool to see some of the old Bond gadgets in the background of one particular scene and what he can do with his car in this one is un-fucking-beliveable!
    I'd rate this one 3rd out of the Brosnan run in my opinion. I'll buy this one when it hits video to add to my full library of Bond films (all on VHS-I haven't the $$$ to trade 'em off to DVD) and would recommend to you to at least rent it or hit the matinee showings.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I'm going at Noon today to see it

I heard there were a couple of CGI moments in it---I say leave the CGI to Yoda and Jar Jar and George Lucas

Roger Ebert actually gave it 3 stars and and EW gave it an A-

just as long as it's better than "View to a Kill" I'll be happy [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

but I agree--Quentin Tarantino would be a great director [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] he could give it a retro feel and leave you wondering just what year the movie is suppose to be set in. the only thing modern I want in my Bond movies is Q's lab. other than that, I want everything(mainly the music) to have a retro feel too it.

when there's a chase I want to hear that original guitar twangin' theme song kick in. NOT some techno house music.

seems to me they are trying to compete with the "XXX" crowd, and THAT is their mistake. let James Bond be James Bond and let Vin Deisel be xxx.

--Bond movies should be less action and more suspense ala "From Russia With Love"--that movie was almost like a Hitchcock film [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Thanks for the heads up, guys. The wife and I are going to go check it out later tonight. She wanted to go see Harry Potter 2 but I think I have her talked into "DAD".

I've often wondered the same thing about Halle Berry too, FH. Sure, she's hot and all that, but how does she translate to become a Bond girl? I don't get it. I'd rather see Brooke Burke in a Bond bikini than HB.

I'll approach this film with some guarded reservation, but for Christmas this year, I've already put in the order for the Bond DVD set as well as some of the other individual Connery flicks. I've really come to apprecitate him as the true Bond after all these years. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

And yes...Madonna is SO over and done with. :fakebritishaccentisinsultingtoallbritishpeople:
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Better then License to Kill at least.
    No BMW
    Halle Berry(at least better than that ass clown Denise Richards)
    Madonna
    no Q (god rest his soul)
    but all in all still a good time
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

no BMW?? why would you want that when you have the Aston Martin--- the Aston Martin IS the James Bond car [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

my only complaint of the movie was the use of the "bullet time" effect a few times--that slow mo bullshit. let's leave that technique to John Woo and not 007

other than that I liked it!
    a couple of good "inside" moments like the book Bond picked up in Cuba, anyone catch that??

I'd put it in the upper half of Bond movies, better than most of the Moore flix and better than a couple of the Connery flix

great car chase scene!

[ November 23, 2002, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: hain23x ]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by FH:
    First off, the theme music and Madonna in general. Will somebody please inform Madonna that she's no longer relevant to our society whether it's musically or on film? Her cameo appearance shows you just how untalented she is as an actress. Complete with her 30 blink-per-second eyes and phoney British accent (well, this scene did take place in London), she doesn't seem to know how to move her body and she's supposed to be a fencing instructor. She looked paralyzed!!!
    Oh yeah, horrible theme song!
    Bravo! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Bravo! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I'm sorry that this goes off the Bond topic, but that was poetic FH! Someone needed to say that, perfect. Madonna is a legend in her own mind.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Ice Cream Man
    Last Online

02.01.07 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Speaking of the book in Cuba...Ian Flemming got the name James Bond from a bird book, and that's what he got in Cuba, I picked that up, but was it the same book? I saw the first show at the theater I went to, on opening day. I liked it, but wasn't sure what it was all about for a long time, until the end, when we find out what the real reason for the satalite is. Pretty good movie, but could have been better. I loved that last scene with Monepenny, though.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

It's pretty sad that this movie did an approx 42-45 million opening weekend compared to that lousy Eminem's 8 Mile 54 million debut! The funny thing is 8 Mile dropped off by a staggering 57% the next weekend (which means all of his fans went the first weekend and word-of-mouth didn't help business) and it'll be interesting to see which one grosses more at the box-office. My money is on Bond.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Was it me or did it look like she was about to throw her hip out-of-joint during this scene?

She was walking like "Jessica Rabbit" from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I dunno, but I almost busted a nut durring that scene.

I gotta watch it again to catch all the inside jokes and past Bond movie refferences. My favorite is the book he picks up with the binoculars. If you are a Bond fan you'd know the significance.

[ November 25, 2002, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Axxman300 ]
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

how about the old gadget storage room? lotsa cool stuff hangin' around in there...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by twonabomber:
    how about the old gadget storage room? lotsa cool stuff hangin' around in there...
    LOL! Including that phoney alligator from "Octopussy"!
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]