Thread: WWF Raw

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:21 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

It was a great show! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Anybody else watch it?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Great show?

Did we watch the same Raw?

First, having Vince McMahon come to the first Raw in the "new era" of brand extension is foolish. I thought the whole point of the extension was to separate the products. Does including them on the very first night bode well for the future?

Much of the evening was fairly lame as well. RVD and Booker T started the night off with a solid match (did you hear the pop for the spinarooni?), but much of the rest was forgettable. Bossman should be fired immediately - the tag match with the Hardys and Bossman/Perfect was just plain bad. And really, WTF is up with Jeff's hair? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

The nWo continues to be ruined by Vince's creative booking. Yeah, they're a real poison, all right. BRADSHAW can beat them up. I mean, come on, he's BRADSHAW! He's not even a main-eventer!

And come on, taking the two belts away from Triple H and replacing them with one, ugly, inferior belt is just stupid. Having two belts at once was part of the interesting aspect of the "undisputed" champion.

I hate when they book a vinette as the main event for the night. No one really expected Austin to go to Smackdown, why make that the focus of the end of the program. Have that come right before the main event, and give us something with more teeth than "Kane vs X-Pac" (X-Pac sucks, X-pac sucks...).

I suppose overall it was "fair." Mostly a boring night, however. They really need to develop some interesting angles fast or Raw's ratings will slide into the WCW level.

Best comment came from Undertaker. "Say 'What' if you sleep with your sister."
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:21 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    Great show?

Did we watch the same Raw?

First, having Vince McMahon come to the first Raw in the "new era" of brand extension is foolish. I thought the whole point of the extension was to separate the products. Does including them on the very first night bode well for the future?

Much of the evening was fairly lame as well. RVD and Booker T started the night off with a solid match (did you hear the pop for the spinarooni?), but much of the rest was forgettable. Bossman should be fired immediately - the tag match with the Hardys and Bossman/Perfect was just plain bad. And really, WTF is up with Jeff's hair? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

The nWo continues to be ruined by Vince's creative booking. Yeah, they're a real poison, all right. BRADSHAW can beat them up. I mean, come on, he's BRADSHAW! He's not even a main-eventer!

And come on, taking the two belts away from Triple H and replacing them with one, ugly, inferior belt is just stupid. Having two belts at once was part of the interesting aspect of the "undisputed" champion.

I hate when they book a vinette as the main event for the night. No one really expected Austin to go to Smackdown, why make that the focus of the end of the program. Have that come right before the main event, and give us something with more teeth than "Kane vs X-Pac" (X-Pac sucks, X-pac sucks...).

I suppose overall it was "fair." Mostly a boring night, however. They really need to develop some interesting angles fast or Raw's ratings will slide into the WCW level.

Best comment came from Undertaker. "Say 'What' if you sleep with your sister."
    First of all you had to expect Vince to show up because Austin was going to be there and Vince was trying to sign Austin for Smackdown.The Hardys vs Bossman/Perfect match was just out there so Brock could come in and destroy somebody, I do agree with you about Jeffs hair though,the only thing louder than his hair were
    those coats the Hardys were wearing.

The whole point of the brand extension or split if you will iis to allow upward movement thats why they have Bradshaw get into it with the NWO.
    As for the belt situation I am a little torn I liked the fact tha the champ would have both belts, I have always liked that big gold belt but I like the new belt too. As for the Austin vignette being the main event they had to do it like that because Austin deciding who he was going to sign with is what they built the whole show around.