Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Anybody catch it on Cartoon Network? This show rocks.

Bounty hunters, Mafia, guns, drugs, 'shrooms, BETA, outer space, Bruce Lee, a girl named Edward... You know, the kind of show that both you and granny can enjoy.

I'm no expert when it comes to Japanese anime, but there's something seriously appealing about this show. The characters, pace and plot are woven together really well. And the music? The show's infused with Jazz. <--- Good Jazz. No weak-assed Kenny G(ay). nonsense. I'm talking about the kind of Jazz that will inspire people who aren't fans of the genre to check it out. I've been downloading some of the songs from the show and haven't found a bad one yet. Especially the instrumentals. These sumbitches swing.

Speaking of music, it might sound strange, but the show reminds me of "Fair Warning." It's kinda dark, kinda frenetic, kinda underground. Think of the tripped-out intro to "Dirty Movies," the beautiful, building intro to "Hear About It Later," the opening bass line of "Push Comes To Shove," the pimpin' vibe of "So This Is Love?," the love-it-or-leave-it tone of "Sunday Afternoon In The Park" - throw in a handful of "Sinner's Swing" and "Unchained" attitude and there you get a sense of the fluctuating moods of the show. Or, at least I do. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

I've caught several episodes and I'm hooked. Unlike most cartoons, this one isn't aimed at kids. There's some profundity goin' on up in here, friends. Lots of symbolism and themes to chew on. But don't let that stop the dim bulbs out there (you know who you are, and so do we) from checking it out. You'll even dig what you don't understand. It's that cool.

I'd like to think of Cowboy Bebop as Japan's redemption for fucking us over with that Pokemon fecal matter a few years ago. Arigato, baby.

The show airs on Cartoon Network on Saturdays at 11:30 PM. Shitty time slot, I know. But if you can manage your 'drinking and fucking' timetable in order to fit in a half hour to watch it, I guarantee you won't blame me for losing 30 minutes more of your life. I think you guys and gals will get a kick out of it.

Rock on, future beboppers.

"3, 2, 1 - Let's jam..."

*Surgeon General's Warning*

"Cowboy Bebop" has received the patented Down In Flames Seal of Approval ©®™ , which certifies that it is not suitable for human consumption. It is strongly advised that you not view "Cowboy Bebop." Doing so may cause liver damage. Your right arm may fall off. Your hair may try to strangle you. And, your wife/girlfriend/blow-up-doll may leave you. It cannot be stressed strongly enough that you not watch "Cowboy Bebop."
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Bitchin'. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

This is the kind of shit I bought a VCR for.

Down In Flames, fresh on the anime tip. Thanks for the review, bro - I'll check it out.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THIM
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYTHING SEP HOW MENY SAY I
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This show rocks but go get the dvd,s [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "I Want The Best! Of Both Worlds!<br />AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW-Van Halen Live With Out A Net.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've heard lots of good things about the show, but never checked it out. I dabble in anime, so I'm sure I'll get around to it...
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Me & my 4-year-old dig "The Brak Show" [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator