Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.msnbc.com/news/772714.asp

=====================================
    COURT REJECTS PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

‘One nation under God’ violates Constitution, judges say

ASSOCIATED PRESS

SAN FRANCISCO, June 26 — The Pledge of Allegiance is an unconstitutional endorsement of religion and cannot be recited in schools, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday.

THE 9TH U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned a 1954 act of Congress inserting the phrase “under God” after the phrase “one nation” in the pledge.

“A profession that we are a nation ‘under God’ is identical, for Establishment Clause purposes, to a profession that we are a nation ‘under Jesus,’ a nation ‘under Vishnu,’ a nation ‘under Zeus,’ or a nation ‘under no god,’ because none of these professions can be neutral with respect to religion,” Judge Alfred T. Goodwin wrote for the three-judge panel.
    Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...<br /><br />"What kind of FUCKED up tour is this???" -John Love, Jr., <i>The Rock</i>

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._of_allegiance

i just read that shit!

the fuck is wrong with these people?!

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Why does your god, or his god, of her GOD, or their goddess, or their prophet or whatever have to be interjected and intertwined within OUR Government...

Separation of Church and State!

If you have beliefs and a faith, love it, cherrish it, teach it to those who want to learn it...

but don't force it...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Then I guess you can't have In God We Trust on all your bills then? I guess we can't say, Oh my God in public either?

The idea of mentioning God is not to force religion upon people, it's just a form of establishing prinipcles. Honestly, I don't understand it. I don't understand the big deal. I don't understand the fuss.

I don't understand why a country that has to have separation of church and state then have sentors praying before session.

Of course, I never really understand organized religion anyway. (Including the religion of government).
    Your favorite band sucks.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

DLR: 1984 Sammy: FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DLR: So This is Love, Sammy: The Dream Is Over, Gary: That\'s Why I Love You
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

why not give people the option of whether they want to include god in things? those who want to can include god in their pledge of allegiance or anything else they want but those who don't believe in god can exclude it at their own choice.

as a brit i don't have to worry about the pledge of allegiance but i do have a problem when i want to sing my national anthem - god save the queen is a bit hypocritical to sing for an atheist who wants to abolish the royal family [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

These people are full of shit. I would like to know who filed a suit about this in the first place. Before long the kids will have to say "I pledge.....to the Teachers Unions and the Trial Lawyers"
    You don't HAVE to say it in school if you don't agree with it. The towel heads don't even have to stand with the other kids.
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Fucking Nixon appointed this bastard judge, go figure.............. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Legally, this is the correct ruling in my opinion. But, for all you patriots out there, don't worry... there is a very good chance the Supreme Court will overrule the Ninth Circuit. They have a habit of doing so lately.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Ya know, it's not as though "under God" was always there. The Bible-thumpers in Congress added it to the Pledge in 1954. America did just fine without those two words prior to that, and we'll do just fine without them now.

People are gonna moan and bitch about this until the cows come home. Find a hobby!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In the United States, we are guaranteed freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

The whole 'separation of church and state' argument has become so twisted and perverse that it has become nothing more than a tool for extreme left-wing psychotics to limit the freedoms of anyone who doesn't agree with them.

That judge should be removed from the bench. Those who brought forth the action in the first place should be removed from the country. Actually, if they feel that the Pledge is unconstitutional, they should have no desire to live here anyway.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MikeL:
    Ya know, it's not as though "under God" was always there. The Bible-thumpers in Congress added it to the Pledge in 1954. America did just fine without those two words prior to that, and we'll do just fine without them now.

People are gonna moan and bitch about this until the cows come home. Find a hobby!
    I don't think the 'under God' phrase is the real impetus for this whole thing; it's a loophole through which they can enact their anti-patriotism bullshit.

I have found a hobby, Mike-bitching and moaning just happens to be that hobby.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    Why does your god, or his god, of her GOD, or their goddess, or their prophet or whatever have to be interjected and intertwined within OUR Government...

If you have beliefs and a faith, love it, cherrish it, teach it to those who want to learn it...

but don't force it...
    I 100% AGREE! The right decision was made here.
    Think of it, how would the Christians feel if it was "One nation, under Allah..."

THINK about it.
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    I don't think the 'under God' phrase is the real impetus for this whole thing; it's a loophole through which they can enact their anti-patriotism bullshit.
    Perhaps, but I doubt there's some overall scheme to destroy our patriotism.

To me, the best and fastest way to resolve this is for Congress to quickly revert the Pledge to its prior, unchanged wording. Make it provisional upon how the Supreme Court rules, and quickly get it back out in our schools in format that is acceptable to everyone. If there were any real leadership to be found in Congress, that's what they'd do. It'd be done by the weekend, and there'd be a whole lot less for people to complain about.

That won't happen, as we don't have real leadership and aren't interested in reasonable compromise. In this case, that also means that "patriotism" isn't the real issue.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

[quote]Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    [qb]Why does your god, or his god, of her GOD, or their goddess, or their prophet or whatever have to be interjected and intertwined within OUR Government...

but don't force it...
    I 100% AGREE! The right decision was made here.
    Think of it, how would the Christians feel if it was "One nation, under Allah..."

That's not a solid arguement, BC, precisely because that possibility would NEVER exist here. However anyone feels about this ruling, there is no ignoring the proven fact that this country was founded on Christian principles...

This does not mean that we have always done the right thing...of course not. But, our history is extremely clear on this score...

THINK about it.
    [ June 26, 2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: SactoFan ]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bammo:
    as a brit i don't have to worry about the pledge of allegiance but i do have a problem when i want to sing my national anthem - god save the queen is a bit hypocritical to sing for an atheist who wants to abolish the royal family [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    LOL! So do you skip that phrase then...? [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002