Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:06 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Dunno how much exposure this cat got over there. He got a lot here, as he launched and landed here. Basically he made a sucessfull solo 'round the world' balloon trip, its about his 800th attempt now I think, and he finally made it. Thank god, now he can fuck off and annoy some other country. I think hes going to New Zealand to hang glide into the stratosphere or some nonsense. Maybe HAIN might get some of his space shuttle thread happening?

Also, anyone else notice how the 'world first' attempts are getting increasingly more abstract? No more 'first man to the north pole, first man to climb everest' type thing. Now its 'First man to run one hundred meters with a trained attack ferret gouging out his eyes' and stuff like that.

It's no longer 'because its there'...it's because 'thats all thats left!!'

Anyways, DIF bought this guys name up in HAINS thread. I'll fill you in on what happened AFTER he left the land down under..

Remember he landed in the proverbial 'middle of nowhere' - outback Queensland on a big cattle ranch

The balloon was stuffed from the rough landing, or at least so he thought. So he graciously donated one giant stuffed balloon to the local property owner to do with as they wish (ie MR Fossett dont have to pay to get the thing outta there!) - the owners sent a ranch hand out to pick the balloon up. The young lass hitched it to her car and began towing.

So. As she picked up speed, the balloon filled with air!!! She felt the back of the car 'hopping' so she stopped and got out. Im not sure exactly wether she got the car unhooked or not - inital reports were that the thing went up with the car dangling under it, but I think thats been proven false. Anyways, with or without the car, the thing went UP again...and up... and away!!!!

That was last week. The thing was found several hundred KMs away yesterday. The guys who found it seem to have thought they have stumbled upon Montezumas gold, and are not telling ANYONE where they are with this thing, or what the hell they intend to do with it.

Cracks me up. Kinda ...inglorious retirement for Mr Fossetts former favorite toy!
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Goo:

So. As she picked up speed, the balloon filled with air!!! She felt the back of the car 'hopping' so she stopped and got out. Im not sure exactly wether she got the car unhooked or not - inital reports were that the thing went up with the car dangling under it, but I think thats been proven false. Anyways, with or without the car, the thing went UP again...and up... and away!!!!

Oh my god that is freaking hilarious!!!
    That dude already has a reservation on the Shuttle
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

It's too bad, in a twisted sense, that the girl's car didn't catch flight and end up killing her in a crash. A shifty lawyer (oxymoron? ) could trump up some charges and try to nail Fossett for manslaughter. LOL

As for the man with the balloon fetish, a few years ago, during his 739th attempt I believe, I was of the opinion that he should crash and die in spectacular fashion on national television.

I felt it a fitting end.

But it soon dawned upon me that while his death would be glorious and just, it would also fail to solve anything. After Fossett, there'd be another insanely rich douchebag with nothing better to do than fly around the world in a glorified Jiffy Pop bag.

So, instead of wishing death upon him, I decided to wish him luck. A successful trip, I assumed, would not only provide an end to this silly horseshit, but it would also mean we wouldn't have to hear about Fossett again.

Ah! But alas, I was wrong!

After "achieving" the record, Balloon Boy®©™ let it be known he has loftier goals! He doesn't want to just float amongst the clouds of our atmosphere - he wants to fly a glider right fucking through it! Further Absurdity...

So, friends, let us join together in wishing Mr. Fossett nothing but good luck and god's speed. If there's any justice in this world, he'll pierce the Earth's atmosphere... and keep right the fuck on going.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:06 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Down In Flames:

So, friends, let us join together in wishing Mr. Fossett nothing but good luck and god's speed. If there's any justice in this world, he'll pierce the Earth's atmosphere... and keep right the fuck on going.
    LOL!!!!!!!!

We're here! We've done it!!!!

Ok

Lets go home

Uh

uh...mission control....uh....how do I turn this around.. Fuck that sattelites getting close!

Aaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee!
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you know, if Fosset feels he needs to spend some money, he can forget all the wacky shit and just write me a large check...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Funny story, Goo.

Fossett got shitloads of local TV coverage here in St. Louis, because his control center was based here. Seemed like they had reports every hour or so towards the end of his flight.
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com