Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Big happenings in gov't these days.

Whats your thoughts on this new branch?

I think that "potentially a little too invasive" is putting it lightly.

Bring it.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by seenbad:
    Big happenings in gov't these days.

Whats your thoughts on this new branch?

I think that "potentially a little too invasive" is putting it lightly.

Bring it.
    I agree.
    I've got the cure you're thinking of.<br />------------------<br />Remixed! Van Halen covers done by my band: <br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Dreams.mp3" target="_blank">Dreams</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Panama.mp3" target="_blank">Panama</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Unchained.mp3" target="_blank">Unchained</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/AtomicPunk.mp3" target="_blank">Atomic Punk</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/SomebodyGetMeADoctor.mp3" target="_blank">Somebody Get Me a Doctor</a><br /><br />NEW: Burning Tires and Dr. Love:<br /><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/HearAboutItLater.mp3" target="_blank">Hear About It Later</a>

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

'Specially if Poindexter gets his way--which I think he will, only we won't know about it until it's too late [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

By my very nature, I love large, intrusive Federal organizations designed to sap freedom from the foundations of this country. It won't be long until these red Republicans give us all national IDs, travelling papers, registered/restricted/banned firearms, nationalized police forces, and... well, uh... a lot of other bad things too!

Better safe than sorry, right?

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

scary isn't the half of it. and it seems as though no one in the press considers this invasivness important enough to investigate. i guess there's not enough sex to make it interesting.

personally, i come from the liberal side of the spectrum. but what's funny is, it seems there's more and more people of all stripes pointing out that there's a lot of unamerican things going on. is this why we stood up to communism? to create our own secret police?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Ikeda:
    is this why we stood up to communism? to create our own secret police?
    Secret Police is too sterile a term. I rather prefer Storm Troopers.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MikeL:
    By my very nature, I love large, intrusive Federal organizations designed to sap freedom from the foundations of this country. It won't be long until these red Republicans give us all national IDs, travelling papers, registered/restricted/banned firearms, nationalized police forces, and... well, uh... a lot of other bad things too!

Better safe than sorry, right?
    I really hope you're dripping with sarcasm here.

This is as close to big brother as we have ever been. The government is using tactical fear to scare everyone into giving their rights away. The more we fear these 'hidden enemies', the more people will be compliant to further governmental intrusion. Instead of putting the nation on lockdown, and engaging in endless foreign conflicts, we should move towards more peaceful solutions. People need to THINK, and not work off of emotions such as hate and fear.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Did I say bad things? I meant to say good things. No citizen that is law-abiding, god-fearing, and willing to demonstrate (let's not use the word prove) their innocence has anything to be concerned about.

Conversely, anyone who is fearful or wary of this brave new America must have something to hide. Investigations must begin quickly, in order to assertain the threat this country faces. This will help ensure everyone's safety.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:16 AM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

What rights are people fearing giving up? The right to be unknown? I think we all gave that up a long time ago when we got a drivers license or a credit card - I know I get tons of mail from companies that seem to know my name and habits that I never talked to before. I'd rather the government know who's coming and going in this country instead of AT&T. The people we are playing with aren't fighting our military like past aggressors have done - they're fighting you and I. And speaking for myself, I am ill-equipped to fight these people, so whatever I can do (within reason) to make it easier for my government to do it for me, I'm all for it.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by billy007:
    What rights are people fearing giving up? The right to be unknown?

we are giving up the rights of privacy, of illeagal search and seizure, and even to a fair trial - since we can all now be held indefinetly

...I'd rather the government know who's coming and going in this country instead of AT&T.

the government knows who's coming and going. the cia watched atta and his conspirators come in the country. the fbi had moussoui trapped in MN. the government has the tools it needs, but is doing a poor job. and added buruecracy and spying on citizens won't improve their performance

The people we are playing with aren't fighting our military like past aggressors have done - they're fighting you and I.

i'd rather know bin laden was the enemy, than worry about my own government devolving into a police state. i refuse to accept that we must shed our freedoms and sink to their level.

...so whatever I can do (within reason) to make it easier for my government to do it for me, I'm all for it.

the spirit of self-sacrafice is noble; it's helped our country through many difficulties. but frankly, this administration is coutning on that, and has used people's good faith to further their own goals.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    My fear is that this Homeland Security deal will accomplish nothing. It looks to me to be a big bureaucratic shakeup with no real benefits to the actual agents in the field doing the investigative/enforcement duties. Lots of political friends and cronies will get promotions to various department heads, new agencies created, lots of photos-ops, speeches etc. but will it accomplish anything? Bush stated earlier that he wanted a Homeland Security department so he could phone ONE person and found out what's going on. Gimme a break. The President of the U.S. can't already call the head of the CIA? The FBI? The Coast Guard? The Border Patrol? More layers of bureaucracy are being created, that's all. This will actually make things alot more difficult I believe. More red tape to go thru, etc.

The FBI, CIA and other government agencies already have a job to do, give them the tools they need and let them do their job. There's already stories out here being released that local police departments are losing funds they were planning on due to the fact that these funds are now being swallowed up by Homeland Security.

There's a quote by a Roman General Petronus Arbiter from the 1st century A.D. Paraphrasing here:

"We trained hard. But it seemed like everytime we began to form into effective teams, we were re-organized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new crises by re-organizing. And what a wonderful method it is for giving the illusion of progress while in reality causing only confusion, inefficiency and dissension."

Give the agencies what they need to do their job. No need for this massive window-dressing. But that's politics.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Elwood, the funny thing is that you know it, I know it, and most Americans either know it or don't give a damn. The only people that don't know it are the politicians, who've become wrapped up in their own little world and are seemingly oblivious to what really goes on. They're all fucking useless figure heads, as it's the beaurocrats that keep government functioning.

I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with our national leadership. There's too much talk and busy-work. They're playing political and legal games with long-standing principles, and not getting a damn thing done that needs doing.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Axxman300:

I'd be suprised if anything more than a streamlining of the various agencies involved and hopefully better and consistant communications between them comes out of this.
    That would be a best-case scenario. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. The politicians are at work here and common sense usually goes out the window.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by MikeL:

I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with our national leadership. There's too much talk and busy-work. They're playing political and legal games with long-standing principles, and not getting a damn thing done that needs doing.
    exactly. the democrats have basically become the republicans bitch, and all bush cares about it paying back his buddies. once these guys get to washington, all they want to do is dig in like ticks and never let go.