Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How this movie ever got made is beyond me. I'm starting to lose a lot of respect for Vin Diesel. When he first came on the scene, I thought we might actually see a different type of action-hero. One that can actually act. (See Boiler Room or Saving Private Ryan for that rarity!) When "Pitch Black" came out, I knew that he'd go places-I just didn't realize he'd go down the shit-hole.
    "xXx" was made by the same creative-team that brought us the mediocre "The Fast and The Furious". Whatever creativity they had left after that first movie pulled an Elvis and left the building! This movie promised to raise the stakes on the spy-genre (most notably, 007) and has failed to even come close. (IMO, "True Lies" raised the stakes on the spy-genre but has failed to produce a follow-up because of the ego-maniac, James Cameron!) I'll be honest: I didn't even finish watching the movie because it was so bad. Not even any of the action-sequences kept my interest! The Fast and The Furious is "The Godfather" compared to this crapola!
    Hopefully, Diesel is going to stage a comeback after this. He's got back-to-back sequels to "Pitch Black" on the horizon (Rumored to be an "evil" version of Star Wars?!?) and I did see a trailer for a movie he's got coming out when I saw LOTR, but I can't remember the title. The plot looked to be along the lines of "Training Day".

[ January 04, 2003, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

And, "oops", I did accidentally post this originally under my old username that I swore I wouldn't use until VH returns, so don't read into it that I know something about them coming back anytime soon!

[img]redface.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

[ January 04, 2003, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ya know, i really hate Vin Diesel. I really hope he falls off teh face of the earth and we never have to hear from him again.
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Vin Diesel = pooh

His fans are all under 18, period.

".....oh, hey, it's cool to be ugly and have a sh*tty voice.....let's go race our compact size economy cars........check me out, I'm hardcore....look at my Mountain Dew....I'm wickedly hardcore amazing.."

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Why does Vin Diesel even have a career?? He can't fight, he can't act, and he looks like a gargoyle. He sucks!
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/diesel2.wmv

LOL!!!!!!!! This is hilarous!! You have to watch this if you don't like Vin Diesel. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Here's where it's from

Title = BREAKIN' IN THE U.S.A.
    Year = 1984
    Color/B&W = color
    Runtime = 50
    Description = Presents break dancing taught by the pros from New York's Schuzan Studios. Gives detailed instructions on warming up, dressing right, and dance techniques. Learn the Electric Boogie, Moonwalk, Spin Glide, the Rope, the Wall, the Robot, and more.

[ January 04, 2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Am I the only one who liked "xXx"? Granted, it was a mindless, dumb action movie, but it's no worse than a typical Bond film.

I thought Diesel was believeable enough in it. If you want to criticise someone who can't act, why not rip on Keanu "Whoa" Reeves instead? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Banned!
    Last Online

07.15.07 @ 05:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH3... it varies.
    Favorite VH Song

too many to count... I\'m diggin\' Can\'t Get This Stuff No More right now.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I missed it. The rest of my family saw it and thought it was godawful. It looked pretty bad to me, though more tempting than the latest Bond, IMO. I'm not a fan of Vin Diesel (a man of one facial expression...), but I may see xXx sometime, just as it's the first movie in ages that actually has a macho-man as a main character, unlike the castrated wussy-boy heros like Matt Damon who are all the rage these days.
    "The common thing on governments as an institution is: they're all bad worldwide. It might be the only thing that binds all nations together: the incompetence of their governments. Look at the people who have been president in the US so far... could I DO ANY WORSE?"<br /> <br />~ Frank Zappa

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 984 Times in 396 Posts

vin can do about whatever he wants me thinks. he's bangin mariah carey. that ain't too shabby

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i hate him, and for the record, i thought the fast and the furious was dreadful. i'd rather be shot than see xXx.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hell, I liked it. Vin may be a pawn of the young crowd, but so were Sly and Arnie and the rest early in their careers. I thought the extreme sport slant was really cool - beats the crap out of the same old cliched action hero stuff. I found Vin to be a decent "everyday guy thrown into a situation". Seeing all-powerful, can't-go-wrong heros gets old after awhile. Sure, his acting isn't going to get high honors, but since when do action guys get that anyway?

Same goes for Fast and the Furious. I liked that one as well.

Oh, BTW - the breakin' video is a fucking riot. Now THAT'S a hobby he gave up very wisely. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Originally posted by BAM5150:
    it's the first movie in ages that actually has a macho-man as a main character, unlike the castrated wussy-boy heros like Matt Damon who are all the rage these days.
    There has got to be a middleground, somewhere.

A young Harrison Ford would be cool. I think studios would *like* to push Ben Affleck in that role, but sometimes he's a chump.

I don't care that he's bangin' J-Lo, everybody has banged J-Lo, even new Metallica member Ja Rule.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Now that Damon's name has come up, I'd like to hear someone say Ben Affleck was good as Jack Ryan. That had to be the worst casting blunder I've ever seen. Harrison Ford to Ben Affleck - could you get any different?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

TYWH, Humans Being
    Last Online

09.03.12 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BAM5150:
    I missed it. The rest of my family saw it and thought it was godawful. It looked pretty bad to me, though more tempting than the latest Bond, IMO.
    Saw Die Another Day, much better than Tommorrow Never Dies, also haven't seen a bad review on it yet.

Atlanta paper gave it a B+, FWIW.
    Light em' up!!!

"You can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice;
    Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice!"