Favorite VH Album

VH1, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Top of the World
    Last Online

01.30.07 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/sto...MPLATE=DEFAULT

ALBANY, N.Y. - A man was charged with trespassing in a mall after he refused to take off a T-shirt that said "Peace on Earth" and "Give peace a chance."

Mall security approached Stephen Downs, 61, and his 31-year-old son, Roger, on Monday night after they were spotted wearing the T-shirts at Crossgates Mall in a suburb of Albany, the men said.

The two said they were asked to remove the shirts made at a store there, or leave the mall. They refused.

The guards returned with a police officer who repeated the ultimatum. The son took his T-shirt off, but the father refused.

"'I said, `All right then, arrest me if you have to,'" Downs said. "So that's what they did. They put the handcuffs on and took me away."

Downs pleaded innocent to the charges Monday night. The New York Civil Liberties Union said it would help with his case if asked.

Police Chief James Murley said his officers were just responding to a complaint by mall security.

"We don't care what they have on their shirts, but they were asked to leave the property, and it's private property," Murley said.

A mall spokeswoman did not return calls Tuesday seeking comment.

Monday's arrest came less than three months after about 20 peace activists wearing similar T-shirts were told to leave by mall security and police. There were no arrests.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:05 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Maybe it was a certain person's father that posts on this board & is from Albany, NY and is against the war... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

[ March 05, 2003, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Buschman ]
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Haha.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Har har. Yea...no. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

We've been talking about this all day at work. Trying to think of good shirts to come up with, and parade around the mall with. We're thinking a split front, with Crossgates mall on the top, and a picture of nazis on the bottom, with the back saying 'history repeats'.

This bullshit has been going on for over a month. Some people were walking around the mall with 'peace' shirts on. They weren't protesting, and weren't distibuting material. The 'security' chased them out, and threatened arrest. Of course, you can have people wearing shirts with swear words, offensive slang, pictures of eminem and offensive lyrics or a picture of a woman being raped by a black man (new Ice Cube shirt), yet a shirt with 'peace' will get you arrested. This is utter bullshit, and another sign of the repression and limiting of our freedoms.

I hope I'm not the only one thinking the security/police are wrong.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to choose from...
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Don't worry you're not... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

No one is limiting anyone's freedoms. If you're in my house, and I tell you to get the fuck out, then I expect you to get the fuck out. If I need police to assist me, then so be it. I don't owe you an explanation for why I want you out. It's my house.

This is PRIVATE property folks. These two got booted for whatever reason. The media brought the t-shirts into the picture. So don't draw conclusions saying that it's the reason they were booted.

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's the deal: We have FREEDOMS in this country that ALLOW people to voice their opinions on matters. God I grow tired of the "Love America OR Leave it" bullshit! The WHOLE FUCKING POINT and WHY so many men and women DIED for our country is to PROTECT these very freedoms!!!!

Does this mean I am AGAINST the idea of carpet bombimg Saddam's Regime to Hell? NO. But I don't have to AGREE with these individuals who wore these shirts, I only have to BELIEVE in the RIGHT they have as AMERICANS to express their views!!

If you wanna live somewhere where you are TOLD WHAT TO BELIEVE in, then I suggest settling down in a country called "Iraq"

My 2 cents~

BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Pabs:

This is PRIVATE property folks. These two got booted for whatever reason. The media brought the t-shirts into the picture. So don't draw conclusions saying that it's the reason they were booted.
    I think your right. Think about it. Who's gonna boot anyone for a goddamn peace T shirt. It's ludicrous, if it's even true at all.

Strungout! The mass media is manipulating you! You are being brainwashed! THINK INDEPENDENTLY [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by BrokenCombs:

If you wanna live somewhere where you are TOLD WHAT TO BELIEVE in, then I suggest settling down in a country called "Iraq"

My 2 cents~

BC
    Fair enough, however, just because you have freedoms, it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.

People think that they can disobey rules and laws because they have "freedoms", and then bitch about repression when they are aprehended. Whatever.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fraulines und Kinder First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Panzer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Best thing for them to do is ignore the protesters, that's what everyone else does, and that is what makes them the most angry.
    Musical equipment I own dat legitimizes mein post. Tuba, clarinet, und electric glockenspiel.<br />Der Lord liebt einen beschäftigten Mann. Nicht vertrauen whitey. Sehen ein Doktor und erhalten gereinigt es.<br /><br />"You're a towel!" - Towelie

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The argument that the mall was right because it was private property is a stark example of intellectual and moral bankruptcy.

The question of private property has little to do with the question of whether the mall was right or wrong to have the man arrested. The mall may have been within their legal rights, but that doesn't mean they did the right thing. Just because something is legally right, doesn't mean it's ethically right, and the failure of many conservatives to tell the difference troubles me.

This reminds me of the argument that the Boy Scouts are a private organization, and therefore they are right to exclude gays. As if the legality had anything to do with the ethical rightness or wrongness of the decision to exclude gays.

I once heard a conservative argue that the L. A. Times was wrong to oppose the Boy Scouts' policy "because the Boy Scouts are a private organization." I'm not kidding. This person didn't even have the intellectual clarity to recognize that the L. A. Times is also a private organization with that had the right to disagree with the Boy Scouts.

The real issue is this: the imposition of censorship by the politically correct (yes, it seems that conservatives are more likely to impose political correctness than liberals these days) is a disturbing trend, even if it is 'legal'.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:05 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

People say this is private property, but what do they mean by a mall? A shopping mall? If it's private property and they are asked to leave, they need to do it or they would be tresspassing and I do believe that is breaking the law, which will warrant an arrest.

Once again, the media is taking something and blowing it out of proportion by not telling us (the public) all the facts.

In other words, I don't give a flying fuck about this. Tell me something that's worth my while
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

GUILDERLAND, N.Y. - About 100 anti-war demonstrators marched through a mall Wednesday to protest the arrest of a shopper who wore a T-shirt that read "Peace on Earth" and "Give Peace a Chance." The order of arrest came just minutes after the Whitehouse had ordered all public and private anti-war demonstrators arrested for treason.

"We just want to know what the policy is and why it's being randomly enforced," said Erin O'Brien, an organizer of the noontime rally at the Crossgates Mall.

Protest leaders were scheduled to meet with the mall's manager after the rally. Calls to mall officials were not immediately returned.

On Monday, Stephen Downs, 61, and his son were asked by mall security guards to remove their peace-slogan shirts or leave. Downs' 31-year-old son, Roger, took off his shirt. But Downs refused.

The guards called police, and he was charged with trespassing and pleaded innocent.

Police Chief James Murley said: "We don't care what they have on their shirts, but they were asked to leave the property, and it's private property."

The men had had the T-shirts made at a mall store and wore them while they shopped.

When asked, Bush responded "The anti-war demonstrators of America need to understand, to understand that, that it makes my job harder to go to war with Iraq, and it slows me down."

Top Of The World Loss of Bowel Control's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:47 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

I, for one, am outraged! I mean what has this country come to if a man in his 60’s and his son are not allowed to express their desire for pizza? Bush and his nazi police have gone too far! What’s next? Anyone wearing a Gyros t-shirt will be asked to remove their clothing? Is falafel fashion too politically incorrect?
    It is well documented that Bush and Cheney have great monetary interest in the hamburger market. Bush has served on the Beef council and I believe that Cheney would often dress up as Ronald McDonald for Wal Mart openings to make a little cash while he was a student. I’m sick and tired of Bush favoring his Texas rancher buddies! I say “No blood for Burgers!” and “Give Pizza Chance!”

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

house of pain
    Last Online

03.02.05 @ 02:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by strungout:
    GUILDERLAND, N.Y. - About 100 anti-war demonstrators marched through a mall Wednesday to protest the arrest of a shopper who wore a T-shirt that read "Peace on Earth" and "Give Peace a Chance." The order of arrest came just minutes after the Whitehouse had ordered all public and private anti-war demonstrators arrested for treason. ...

...When asked, Bush responded "The anti-war demonstrators of America need to understand, to understand that, that it makes my job harder to go to war with Iraq, and it slows me down."
    I must be totally out of touch because I haven't seen or heard of this "order" by Pres. Bush anywhere. Was this made up and I'm not getting the joke? If not, someone point me where I can read it. I've looked online and can't find it.
    Thanks.
    <a href="http://www.starcalledsun.com" target="_blank">www.starcalledsun.com</a>