Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Del Toro Directing Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Friday, August 2, 2002 11:06 CDT

Production Weekly reports that Universal Pictures is remaking a big-screen version of its 1954 feature Creature from the Black Lagoon, with Benicio Del Toro (Traffic) attached to direct the project on location in Queensland, Australia.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Wainwright Helming Big Screen Outer Limits
    Monday, August 5, 2002 12:09 CDT

Variety reports that Rupert Wainwright (Stigmata) has signed to direct MGM's big screen version of 1960s anthology series The Outer Limits, which was revived on the small screen by Showtime and the Sci Fi Channel.

Wainwright takes on a film that the studio hoped would lead to a feature franchise when MGM hired scribes Gerald Di Pego (Phenomenon) and sons Justin and Zachary to write the feature earlier this year, adds the trade.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Tobey Maguire Saddles up for Seabiscuit
    Sunday, August 4, 2002 10:05 CDT

Tobey Maguire will star in Seabiscuit, signing a deal worth $12 million or more to play the jockey atop the horse that became a fabled figure during the Depression.

Variety reports that Gary Ross adapted Laura Hillenbrand book "Seabiscuit: An American Legend" and will direct this fall for Universal.

Maguire, set to play jockey Red Pollard, will also come aboard as executive producer. The film will be released in winter 2003.

Ross is getting another Hall of Fame jockey, Gary Stevens, to play jockey George Woolf, a Pollard pal who took Seabiscuit's reins in his most famous race, a match against seemingly unbeatable War Admiral.

Other roles yet to be cast are Seabiscuit's eccentric owner, Charles Howard, and the horse's trainer, Tom Smith.

Ross has scouted and set filming at horse tracks from Santa Anita to Saratoga. The director then hopes to return to Dog Years, the Universal comedy that was scratched close to the starting gate with Jim Carrey and Nicole Kidman in the leads.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Bryan Singer on X² at Comic-Con!
    Monday, August 5, 2002 12:28 CDT

First scooper 'Daredevil 2 Film' provided us with a description of the clip shown by director Bryan Singer at Comic-Con, now he's back with more details on what the man himself said during the panel...

Thought I would give you some extra information on what Singer said at the Comic Con panel:

*Mr. Singer confirmed that Juggernaut is NOT in the film.

*He didn't exactly say Beast was in a cameo, but the way he sounded was obviously like he was trying to hide something.

*When speaking of Nightcrawler he didn't make any mention of 'fur' although he didn't say there wasn't 'fur' either. He did say that it's faithful to the comics.

*He said Storm will get more screen time. He said jokingly that Halle Berry plopped her Statue in front of him and said "Give me more screen time". But he said that at her birthday celebration when she was blowing out the candles he asked her what her wish was and she told him that her wish was...and I quote "Storm will have more s**t to do in the sequel". The audience started to crack up!

*He says that Rogue wants some sort of "sex-life" and that her relationship w/ Bobby will grow.

*He said that the "junior X-Men" do not call themselves "Junior X-men" in the film. It's just what the crew calls them, and that the sequel will showcase more of the students and their talents.

*He said that it was hard to cut the footage for the audience, because most scene's in the movie have some sort of "visual effect" and obviously, they have not started work on that stuff.

*He said that there will be, like 700-800 effect shots (I can't remeber the exact number he said, but I could've sworn he said 800.

*He showed the audience the preview clip twice because we loved it so much.

*He made mention of the Special Edition of the X-Men DVD, although he said that he is not really involved that much in it's creation. He said there might be some B-Roll Footage, some stuff on the history of the X-Men comics, and some possible X-Men 2 stuff, but he didn't sound too sure of what will be going on it.

*Something the audience really enjoyed was that Singer said the first X-Men film was like a trailer for X-Men 2, and that the sequel will be more "intense".

*Mr. Singer said that he wanted...WANTED...to have the Danger Room in the sequel (he stressed the word 'wanted' very strongly). It sounds like it won't make the cut once again.

*He said design work on the Sentinels have been done because originally it was in the films early script. They won't be used in the sequel, but he said they (the designs) can be used in possible sequels.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Punisher Hitting Theaters Next August?
    Saturday, August 3, 2002 12:24 CDT

Ain't-It-Cool-News recieved word from an advertising agency who are working with Marvel on their feature line-up...

They show the Punisher movie coming out in August 2003. Also, a television cartoon Hulk show for sometime in 2003.

The rest of the films that they have planned for release are as follows...2003: Daredevil, X-Men 2, Hulk and The Punisher....2004 and beyond: Spider-Man 2, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, The Invincible Iron Man, and Sgt. Fury (Not Col. Fury..I expect this to be a war era Sgt. Fury).

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Schwarzenegger talks Conan 3 and Doc Savage
    Saturday, August 3, 2002 10:14 CDT

SHH reporter Blake Wright reported in to us from the San Diego Comic Con. Fans got a surprise during the Terminator 3 presentation when Arnold Schwarzenegger strolled out and did a Q&A. During the talk, he mentioned that he wants to do Conan 3 and that he was eager to start it. He said the script is written and that they are just waiting on Warner Brothers to decide when to do it.

When asked about Doc Savage, Arnie said that Frank Darabont wrote the script for it. They turned it in and Warner Bros. reviewed it. They estimated that it would cost $220 million to film it. WB then shied away from the project until they could do it cheaper. Schwarzenegger said he doesn't know what's currently up with the movie.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Renfro Aboard Freddy Vs. Jason Clash
    Monday, August 5, 2002 12:15 CDT

New Line has greenlit Freddy vs. Jason, signing Brad Renfro to star alongside Robert Englund, who'll be back for his eighth performance as Freddy Krueger. Renfro will play a character who finds himself pitted between the two combatants, and so his mission is to try and stay alive until the end credits. Variety says that the studio hasn't yet decided on the actor who'll play Jason Vorhees.

Ronny Yu (Bride of Chucky) will direct the film, with shooting to begin Sept. 9 in Vancouver. Mark Swift and Damian Shannon wrote the script.

"It's clash of the titans, the ultimate showdown," said New Line production president Toby Emmerich. "Freddy is the intellectual manipulator, Jason the killing machine. When you have done 17 movies between these characters, it is hard to stay fresh, but putting these characters together makes it fresh. There is a hard-core fan base for each, and we will be out in front of 'Predator vs. Alien' and 'Batman vs. Superman,' other films putting venerable characters against each other.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

KORN Get Shafted By SYSTEM OF A DOWN In OZZFEST Headliner Bid - Aug. 5, 2002

KORN were reportedly asked to replace OZZY OSBOURNE during his planned three-week absence from the current Ozzfest 2002 trek and had agreed to take over the headlining slot on a few days' notice, only to have the entire plan jettisoned by SYSTEM OF A DOWN's refusal to take the stage before Jonathan Davis and co., informed sources have revealed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET.

The California quintet tentatively accepted the offer to headline the festival without even discussing the money specifics with the festival organizers, according to the sources. However, before the discussions could proceed to the next stage, SOAD allegedly threw a sissy fit, in effect costing KORN the opportunity to take part in this year's festivities.

As previously reported, OZZY OSBOURNE will resume his headlining slot on August 7th in Clarkston, Michigan, two weeks earlier than originally expected. The new restart date means Osbourne will only miss two dates of the tour: August 3rd in Columbus, Ohio, and August 4th in Cleveland (both of which were due to be headlined by SYSTEM OF A DOWN).

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Spielberg To Shoot Indy 4 Digitally?
    Monday, August 5, 2002 8:43 CDT

According to a report in the Edmonton Journal (posted at TheRaider.Net), Steven Spielberg may be using digital filming on Indiana Jones 4 despite his distaste for the medium:

"I love shooting on film and I love editing on film. I know that digital will do the same thing film will do. It will still use lenses. It will still capture the same images. The difference is that digital is like acrylic paint. It's so photo-realistic that you don't see any flaws. With traditional film, where you have it going through shutters in a film gate, it's alive with grain -- compared to digital, it's like an impressionist painting. I would still rather see a still life painted by an impressionist than a still life painted by Norman Rockwell."

But as a favor to George Lucas on Indiana Jones 4, he might use it. "I'd do anything for George and if George asked me to shoot Indiana Jones 4 on digital, I'd do it. But my duties will always be to shoot on film."

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Heres a little more regardin "Freddie vs. Jason" as well as a possible "Alien vs. Predator" and "Batman vs. Superman".

Sounds like Hollywood needs some fresh ideas, much like rock & roll.

Shock, horror! It's 'Freddy vs Jason'
    August 5, 2002 Posted: 12:04 PM EDT (1604 GMT)

Freddy Krueger will face Jason from the "Friday the 13th" series

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- In a continuing effort to exploit its franchises, New Line Cinema has greenlit "Freddy vs. Jason."

Brad Renfro will star alongside Robert Englund, who'll be back for his eighth performance as Freddy Krueger, Variety reports.

The studio hasn't yet decided on the actor who'll play Jason Vorhees, the lumbering maniac from the "Friday the 13th" franchise who will be making his 11th appearance onscreen.

Ronny Yu, the Honk Kong veteran whose credits range from "The Bride With White Hair" to "Bride of Chucky," will direct the picture, with shooting to begin September 9 in Vancouver.

The film's premise is a simple collision of legendary evildoers who've each racked up impressive body counts of promiscuous teens.

Renfro ("The Client") will play a character who finds himself pitted between the two combatants, and so his mission is to try and stay alive until the end credits.

"It's clash of the titans, the ultimate showdown," said New Line production president Toby Emmerich.

"Freddy is the intellectual manipulator, Jason the killing machine. When you have done 17 movies between these characters, it is hard to stay fresh, but putting these characters together makes it fresh.

"There is a hard-core fan base for each, and we will be out in front of 'Predator vs. Alien' and 'Batman vs. Superman,' other films putting venerable characters against each other."

It is the studio's second significant franchise move since "Austin Powers in Goldmember" posted record summer numbers last weekend.

The studio just hired Troy Miller to direct "Dumb and Dumberer," the "Dumb & Dumber" prequel that will hit cinemas next summer.

Corporate sibling Warner Bros. meanwhile, is mining its own franchises with plans for Wolfgang Petersen to direct "Batman vs. Superman."

New Line Cinema is a division of AOL Time Warner, as is CNN.com
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

SLAYER's KERRY KING Speaks Out On PAUL BOSTAPH, ROBERT FLYNN and SUM 41 Video - Aug. 5, 2002

In an interview with Britain's Kerrang! magazine, SLAYER guitarist Kerry King has once again commented on several delicate topics, including the departure of former drummer Paul Bostaph, the "war of words" with MACHINE HEAD mainman Robert Flynn, and King's appearance in the recent SUM 41 video for the track "What We're All About". Here are several quotes from the interview, as they appear in the July 27th issue of the magazine:

On former drummer Paul Bostaph:

Kerry King: "The reason he gave us for quitting was that he had some kind of a problem with one of his elbows, and if you've got an injury that refrains you from being as good as you can be, that's valid. But I think he's playing in SYSTEMATIC, which leads me to think that his elbow must not be that fucked up. If he's got a genuine injury, he made the right choice. But if he just wanted out, well… that's kinda odd. I mean, getting another band that quick seems premeditated to me."

On MACHINE HEAD frontman Robert Flynn's accusation that King looks like a member of RIGHT SAID FRED:

Kerry King: "Apparently I've been eating too many cheeseburgers as well. The last time our bands went out together was a Japanese festival last summer. I don't remember us having bad blood at the time. I remember the thing I read said something like, 'What do you think about Kerry mouthing off about you and your band all the time?' Well, I don't mouth off about MACHINE HEAD. If somebody asks me if I like their last record, I say, 'No, I don't like the record.' But that's not slamming anybody. The first MACHINE HEAD record is one of my favorite records. What they've done ever since… I couldn't give a fuck about. It's my opinion. If he's so fragile that that was painful, sorry dude, you're in the wrong business."

On being accused of "selling out" for appearing in the SUM 41 video for the track "What We're All About":

Kerry King: "To say SLAYER sold out because I appeared in a SUM 41 video doesn't make sense, because I think our latest album is one of the hardest we put out in 10 years. I mean, SUM 41 are cool dudes, they're big SLAYER fans, and I'm sure some of these fans who write in have pretty dodgy shit in their CD collection as well. If you wanna call me a sell-out, call me a sell-out, but I'm still in SLAYER, ripping people's faces off."

On whether or not he "winces" when he looks back on SLAYER's early make-up days:

Kerry King: "Not really, because it was a means to achieve what we were trying to do at the time. We're from L.A. — all we knew were MÖTLEY CRÜE and RATT, and bands like that, and we didn't wanna be that. So we went as far the other way as we could. But then we went to San Francisco on our first tour and made some friends, and they were like, 'Why are you wearin' make-up?' The next day we stopped. It just needed somebody saying, 'You don't need that.' They were right."
    View/Post Comments (40

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

L/P Secure Japanese Deal, In Negotiations For European, North American Territories - Aug. 5, 2002

L/P, featuring former DOKKEN members George Lynch (guitar) and Jeff Pilson (bass/vocals), have inked a Japanese deal with JVC Records and are currently in the final stages of negotiations with undisclosed European and US record companies, which they hope to wrap up by next week.

"We're real excited to be back with JVC—they handled the Dokken album in Japan, which became Dysfunctional in the US," stated Pilson. "They're widely considered the best rock label in the Pacific Rim and are totally in love with the music — they get it! They really want to look at this in the long term and are completely behind the record. The labels we're talking to here I'm excited about as well, just don't wanna say anything 'till it's put to bed. But it just makes me feel so good to see the reaction the record is getting from everyone. I think it may prove to be the 'missing' album that everyone wants right now, at least amongst the rock community — though for the moment, people seem to think that community is shrinking. We'll see. We've been remixing these last few weeks [told you we were bound to do that], and the results have me so energized again. I feel good about every last second of the record now. In fact I'll go on record saying I think this is the best, most complete work George and I have ever done. I'm happy with the songs, the performances, and the over-all vibe of the record. Can't wait for all [everyone's] reactions.

"One thing about these negotiations taking this long [which, by the way, tends to be the nature of the beast] is the window for a fall release is closing quickly. We still don't know for sure as Japan would like to put it out in the fall, but making that happen worldwide is gonna be tough. The good thing, of course, is that it gives the labels more time to set up the record. That can be a remarkably important marketing procedure, and could make all the difference in the world. But the bad thing is I'm getting very impatient — I'm anxious to put this out — NOW!!!!! However, must be patient — just not one of my better virtues."
    View/Post Comments (1

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ANTHRAX's CHARLIE BENANTE Meets LED ZEPPELIN's ROBERT PLANT - Aug. 5, 2002

The following is a re-posting of the latest installment of ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante's regular online update, as it appears on the group's official web site at www.anthrax.com:

"So many have imitated them — Pete's windmill, Roger's microphone swinging etc. I can go on, and on but the thing is — I saw THE WHO last night and was in another world. I know it wasn't THE WHO of the 70's—Entwistle and Moon are gone—but Pete and Roger are still very much with us. Those two played and sang like it was still the '70s. Townsend's guitar playing blew me away, I hope I play that good when I'm his age. The band was great. I got a chance to meet and hang with Zach Starkey (yep, Ringo's son)—great guy and drummer. I'm sure a lot of you know that LED ZEPPELIN are one of my all time favorites. If it wasn't for ZEP... well, don't get me started. Robert Plant is opening for THE WHO this tour and I've waited years to meet and talk to him... and now it was time. I've met and talked to John Paul Jones, I've seen Jimmy Page, but never had the chance to talk with him, and now I was going to meet Robert. I was a bit nervous but I pulled it together real quick. So we're walking down the hallway (me, my wife, Frankie and his wife) and there he was standing talking to someone I knew, 'Rangi' ( It turns out that Rangi is his bodyguard). I met Rangi years before when he was with MAIDEN, great guy. He sees us and we start talking and Robert says, 'Oh well, I'll talk to them,' and goes and starts talking to my wife and Frankie's wife. We cracked up! He was so fucking cool, what a great first impression. We talked and he told some stories and asked if we were changing the name of the band. It was over before I knew it, and I looked at everyone afterwards and I said, 'That was Robert Plant!' Oh man, if he only knew how much his music meant to me. I wanted to play Roger Daltrey a mix of our song 'Taking The Music Back' but I left it at the hotel and it was too hectic there last night. I'd rather he hear it when it's not so crazy and he could enjoy it. I was nervous meeting Roger, too, but there were a lot of people around and it wasn't a one-on-one thing, he was very cool. On the way out we saw Pete and he said hello and I was like, 'Holy shit, there's fucking legends all over the place,'

"I left there thinking music makes me and so many so happy. I enjoy this so much, I can be in a total shit mood and put on The Song Remains The Same and it changes everything. All this classic shit, these are my roots, the same way that some of you think of ANTHRAX, MEGADETH, METALLICA, SLAYER, S.O.D., SEPULTURA etc. as your roots (bloody roots). Don't forget that!!! Your roots are YOUR roots. I freak when someone says, 'Oh yeah, I listened to you guys in high school,' and I think, 'Why don't you listen to it anymore"??? Don't you still watch old movies?? Do you still root for your favorite team as a kid or just who ever is winning? Why don't you still listen to the shit you did when you were in high school? Those are your ROOTS!' OK enough. Go put on a WHO or ZEP record for me and dig those roots.

"PS - FUCK THAT IAN ROBINSON MUTHA FUKKA. I always thought he was alright till I read that shit on Metal Sludge. Who's he to slag anyone? He's on the shit list, doesn't he know ANTHRAX RULES! He's the poor man's Matt Pinfield."

Check out a photo of Charlie with Robert Plant at this location.
    View/Post Comments (17

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

GUNS N' ROSES To Tour Australia, Korea, Indonesia In September - Aug. 5, 2002

GUNS N' ROSES are due to perform in Australia in September 11-25, Korea on the 27th and Indonesia on the 29th, according to Indonesian promoter Tommy Pratama, who spoke to the local digital publication Detikcom about the group's touring plans for the fall.

Pratama told Detikcom that he's had to reschedule the concert three times, from September 7th to September 13th to the current date of September 29th, but he is optimistic the booking is now firm

GUNS N' ROSES had already announced dates in Hong Kong, Japan, Belgium, and the U.K. from mid- to late-August.
    View/Post Comments (1

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Sorry, Dennis....

Dumb and Dumber 2: Ben Curtis (aka. Steve, The Dell Guy) is tipped to play the younger 'Harry' in the prequel