Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Anyone out there a major health buff? If so, we need to talk.

I need to do what I can to get myself back into shape before my daughter starts referring to me as "Jabba the Hut". OK, that may be extreme...

Who has a kick-ass and most of all, EASY TO MANAGE diet and exercise program they could recommend? To pass it along to me and the other Linkers who want to get a jump on their New Year's Eve resolutions would be greatly appreciated.

I have to go now...my cinnamon roll with 6 layers of icing is ready in the microwave! Just kidding...
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry, Cabo, I really can't offer you any routines, although I've worked out for most of my adolescent and adult life. Just a word of encouragement - you can do it.

I had a kidney transplant in April and I am in the process of getting myself back in shape. I want to drop some serious tonnage, but it isn't easy. Just don't do anything wacky. Wacky diets and crazy exercise plans will just set you up for eventual failure. Just follow a sensible diet with adequate protein, carbs, and minimal fat. DON'T toss foods you love out of your eating plan. Just cut back on them, both in amount and frequency. As for working out, do a half hour of cardio (work up to that time if you have to - once at that amount, you can then increase the intensity) followed by a weightlifting routine
    covering your whole body. Eventually, the weightlifting/bodybuilding routine can be split up to cover only half the body in one workout. This will save you time and each half of your body can be done twice a week for a total of four workouts a week. With this plan, I've found the weight will come off, but gradually. Quick weight loss schemes don't last. Good Luck!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    CABO, I stick to low fat items, run 2 miles 5 days a week (spring, summer only) and play hockey 3 nights a week....

I can only tell you what works for me. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A place in India where they rub herbs into ya body and they make you eat curry.

A 260kg sumo wrestler lost 5kg in his first week of the treatment
    "I wont go down in history, but I'll go down on your sister!!" DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quick weight loss programs really don't work - but I'll tell a diet that worked for me. I don't know if you've ever heard of the protein plan, but basically you can eat all the meat and cheese you want. Sugars are out. No breads, pastas, grains , etc. Oh, or potatoes. Sounds like hell I know - but I lost 12 pounds in two weeks and stopped at that 'cuz I really didn't need to lose any more. Once you reach your desired loss, you just need to eat sensibly and cotinue to exercise regularly to maintain. I'll look for a link to some info on it. Thing is, it doesn't necessarily work for everyone - my ex did it at the same time as I did, and she only lost like 3 lbs. to my 12. (Boy, was she pissed at me. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I've heard of this protein only plan...the Atkins Diet. The only problem for me with this one is that I'm diabetic and if I don't have some sort of carbs in my diet, my insulin will keep dropping my blood sugar down to dangerous levels, thus, making my eat more to balance things out.

It's a fine line I have to walk.

I think I may try that trip to India and the old curry rub though! That, or just go in for the old "nip & tuck" at the local back-alley plastic surgeon!

Is it a bad idea to want to eat raw pork just so I can get a few tapeworms?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You can have Carbs, Cabo - just a certain amount per day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Hey CK, have you ever though of becoming a heroin addict? You'll shed those pounds like crazy, and oddly enough, you'll be able to jam on Jumpin Jack Flash like there's no tomorrow. I guess there's a down side, but I've yet to see it.

Seriously (I think), shame is your best weapon. You've got to really humiliate yourself into taking action (maybe like posting your height and weight in here ). I just started jogging last week (for the first time in my life) because I stepped on the scale at my parents house 10 days ago, and it wasn't a pretty sight. I'm trying to stop eating after supper, because I'm a totally addictive personality; if I was a drinker, I'd be dead because I can't do anything in moderation. I also gave up drinking pop because, again, I was drinking 2 liters of the stuff a day.

A good way to shame yourself is to try on clothes that used to fit not that long ago. When my mother in law died in early 2000, my wife and I went berserk. Right before she died I had to go out and buy a suit for the funeral. Suffice it to say I wore that suit twice and right now it would take a crowbar, the jaws of life, two liters of Mazolla Oil and a visit from Val B. and the other Angels to get me into it. After that funeral, and for the next 18 months, we've just been hell bent on trying to kill ourselves. I'll never get back into that suit again because I was REALLY thin 2 years ago, but I'm gonna drop some weight. And shame is my key.

And if this doesn't work, I'm hitting the heroin. All the money I'll save not having to buy food will go towards my KISSKasket.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The Atkins diet WORKS, according to my uncle, who is an M.D. He's on it himself and recommends it to everyone. He, and all his patients who stick to it, are dropping pounds left and right.

Or you could always follow my method: not eating. That also works.
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 984 Times in 396 Posts

cabo,

email me bro, i'm a trainer and have a ton of nutrition info for ya with whatever you need help with. i also work with a kick ass nutritionist. i'll hook you up with a reccomended diet and exercise program [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

the atkins diet long term if fucking horrible...talk about clogging your arteries...and why would you want to use fat as your main source of energy? what about all the vitamins and minerals that are fat soluble? what happens to them when the fat is used for energy? and what happens to your muscles and lean body mass when your protein intake is also used for fuel? shit...

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

awwwww man. JMJ, you be fucking up my rep, man. LOL

I agree with the long-term prognosis, though - I guess that's why I was successful going short-term.

I'll leave this up to the ones with the knowledge at this point.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

JMJ any chance of posting that stuff here?

I am in decent shape and workout 4 to 5 nights a week problem is I have a lousy diet. I eat on the go alot, so you can imagine what my diet consists of.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Glenn:
    Hey CK, have you ever though of becoming a heroin addict? You'll shed those pounds like crazy, and oddly enough, you'll be able to jam on Jumpin Jack Flash like there's no tomorrow. I guess there's a down side, but I've yet to see it.

I was thinking the same thing about my tapeworm experiment.

Seriously (I think), shame is your best weapon. You've got to really humiliate yourself into taking action (maybe like posting your height and weight in here ). I just started jogging last week (for the first time in my life) because I stepped on the scale at my parents house 10 days ago, and it wasn't a pretty sight. I'm trying to stop eating after supper, because I'm a totally addictive personality; if I was a drinker, I'd be dead because I can't do anything in moderation. I also gave up drinking pop because, again, I was drinking 2 liters of the stuff a day.

I stepped on my scale the other morning and it groaned at me!

A good way to shame yourself is to try on clothes that used to fit not that long ago. When my mother in law died in early 2000, my wife and I went berserk. Right before she died I had to go out and buy a suit for the funeral. Suffice it to say I wore that suit twice and right now it would take a crowbar, the jaws of life, two liters of Mazolla Oil and a visit from Val B. and the other Angels to get me into it. After that funeral, and for the next 18 months, we've just been hell bent on trying to kill ourselves. I'll never get back into that suit again because I was REALLY thin 2 years ago, but I'm gonna drop some weight. And shame is my key.

Shame is good...I usually start this one out by going to JCPenney and trying on a pair of pants. That is a good start to ensuring I continue to lose my self-esteem...that and my wife calling me "Boss Hog".

And if this doesn't work, I'm hitting the heroin. All the money I'll save not having to buy food will go towards my KISSKasket. <hr></blockquote>

At least I can die knowing Gene $immon$ likes fat people's money, too!

Glenn...you are one sick and twisted individual!! I guess that's why I like you so much...you've got the same sense of humor I do! I'm not sure which one did me in though...

The line about jumping around on stage as a heroin addict, requiring the use of Mazola and the jaws of life OR the obligatory slam on the ever-popular KISSKasket! If I had a nickel for all the pop I've spat out my nose when reading one of your posts, I'd have like a dollar or something!

The new diet book that's sweeping the nation...

"Just Look At You, You Fat F**K!! It's No Wonder Your Wife Is Calling Me 24/7!!!" by acclaimed VHLinks Poster 'Dr. Glenn'.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

JMJ...I'm gonna drop you a line. Thanks for the advice early on.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 984 Times in 396 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    JMJ...I'm gonna drop you a line. Thanks for the advice early on.<hr></blockquote>

sure sure my man...anything for my fellow linkers [img]smile.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw