Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I said something about this in the discusion forum so I might as well tellyou the story.
    I was going to a customer's office. I pulled into his parking lot and a water meter reader asked me while he was pointing, "Is that guy alive or dead? I don't see his chest moving". Well this dead guy was under a tree and he looked like he was sleeping. I told the reader I'll go check. I walked up to him and saw blood coming out of his ear and his eyes looking straight out. I thought this guy had some kind of hemerage. I yelled out we need to call 911 this guy is dead. Anyway the police come out and find a gun. They tell me that he shot himself within the last hour. I go what? I didn't see any gun. The guy had cancer and didn't want to kill himself in his home. He must of figured someone would find him soon. Because he did it right off a main road. The shiity part though is a school was only a half block away. If a kid would of found him or his gun. I'm ok myself. I still can see his face and it's hard to get it out of my head.

------------------
    G.A.H.R.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

That's a heavy story, I don't know how that would affect me.

None of my business, but don't be embarressed to talk to somebody if you can't shake the image in your head.

crossing_over
    ummm a little hard core
    but take it easy man
    i understand you

------------------
    I reach across to the other side to make contact with you.You fill my dreams.I wanna tell you,tell me why you´re crossing over...

[This message has been edited by crossing_over (edited September 07, 2000 at 09:53 PM).]

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Dimoncutr, I don't know what to say, other than I'm sorry that you had to be the one to find this man.

Someone's suicide leaves everything to the people left behind... It's completely unfair.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow, i feel bad, if you need someone to talk to, i'm sure you can email anyone of us for advice, hell you could go to IADR because there's usually someone there.

------------------
    EBAS!!!!
    i know i would!!!
    i am a Dirty Faced Kid, although i do fancy myself a good lookin' fellow...
    AD for life...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Yeesh, not a good thing to happen across.. although if the guy had a bad dose of cancer I can sorta understand why he did it

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm sorry you had to see this.....
    I know someone who did the same thing....
    he had cancer.....couldn't eat anymore....
    he made the decision....and went to a lake
    and did it......
    I also saw a lady get hit by a car crossing the
    street and called 911, while walking to her body...she died
    I was shocky for a good 2 hours.....

Ed6150
    Woah , I went golfing with Dimunctr , you ok man . I hit a car operating a locomotive before , suicide , I did not see the guy but the guy I was working with went back and he was bleeding out of his eyes I guess .

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Diamondctr, I know where you are coming from. My father commited suicide when I was 9 y/o. Add that to the number of suicide victims I've seen in the ER of the hospital where I've worked for the past fifteen years, and I guess you could say I've seen my share.............

------------------
    Where the possessed go to mingle........
    Don't sweat the petty things in life, just pet the sweaty things........

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I took an experimental film and video class in college and someone was using this footage of a politican from Maryland who committed suicide live on television. He took the gun out of a bag, people tried to stop him and he put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. TO THIS DAY, I'M STILL SHOCKED BY WHAT I SAW!!!

It still bugs me. I still can't beleive how much blood is in the human head. I can't belive how violent the act was! I can't imagine anyone taking their life this way. It's hard on everybody, even people who are just onlookers!

I must say that it gave me a new respect for the power of a gun. Sometimes I think that a video like shown to 13 year olds, might detract from them ever wanting to pick up a gun or even be involved with guns. I am not anit-gun, but death doesn't happen like it does in the movies, it's bloody, it's messy and it's horrific at times!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Jimmy...Dude! I saw that exact video in my journalism class too and I was stunned by the amount of blood coming out of his head and face! I even saw that exact video at a Motley Crue concert during the Gen Swine tour! I thought it was a totally senseless thing for Motley to show and it really ruined a pretty cool concert. Why in the WORLD would anyone glorify real-life death and suicides? To this day, I still don't have much respect for anything the Crue does. They must have just played a "Faces of Death" video because the gore and blood just kept coming for the next 4 minutes. Can you imagine the 10 year old on the way home from that show in the backseat asking daddy why all the blood was on the screen? Way to be "responsible", Crue!

Dimoncutr...go easy, my man. Talk to someone if you need to.

[This message has been edited by Cabo Kid (edited September 13, 2000 at 07:40 PM).]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:35 AM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

You must be talking about "Budd" Dwyer (I think was his name) a Pennsylvania politician who shot himself on a snowy January day in 1987. I remember because I lived in Philadelphia and that day I was driving down to meet up with my sister in Baltimore and then go visit our Uncle in Edgewater. Not a good day to be driving - the snow was bad! Anyway, I made it there and back, and when I got the Philadelphia Inquirer the next day they had a wonderful picture taken the second this guy had pulled the trigger. The outrage of it all was the blizzard, because a lot of kids were home from school watching cartoons or whatever when this news conference came on (he was resigning due to some alleged impropriety and even though he claimed innocence he felt he could never clear his name and so "BANG!") and so they got to see this live and in colour!

------------------
    "One eye on the road, price upon his head
    One ear to the ground, he's listening to the dead..."

Hey, M-TV: Van Halen will NEVER be dead, but somebody oughtta get you a doctor!

Eat Us And Smile, y'all

For more great Van Halen discussion, visit www.DLRArmy.com

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nothing that bad,but ive drove a wrecker off and on for years,seen alot of stuff i didnt care to see.luckily ive never seen anyone i knew,i know wreckeer drivers who have ended up goin to a call that involved an aqaintence.alot of people dont know that we are called buy the law about the same time as the ambulance..