Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Good Enough

08.17.07 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, Fab/VHL, you did say that you obtained most of your information from the Catholic Encylclopeida, but what you failed to say was that you copied it verbatim from the Knights of Columbus web page!

But just in case it's too much of a bother for people to look it up, here's exactly as I cut and pasted it...

This is a day of mourning. We should try to take time off from work and school to participate in the devotions and liturgy of the day as much as possible. In addition, we should refrain from extraneous conversation. Some families leave the curtains drawn, and maintain silence during the 3 hours (noon — 3p.m.), and keep from loud conversation or activities throughout the remainder of the day. We should also restrict ourselves from any TV, music or computer—these are all types of technology that can distract us from the spirit of the day.
    If some members of the family cannot attend all the services, a little home altar can be set up, by draping a black or purple cloth over a small table or dresser and placing a crucifix and candles on it. The family then can gather during the three hours, praying different devotions like the rosary, Stations of the Cross, the Divine Mercy devotions, and meditative reading and prayers on the passion of Christ.

Although throughout Lent we have tried to mortify ourselves, it is appropriate to try some practicing extra mortifications today. These can be very simple, such as eating less at the small meals of fasting, or eating standing up. Some people just eat bread and soup, or just bread and water while standing at the table."

only... see, I bothered to add the little quotation marks to indicate that it all came from there... thing is, I'll even add the little picture that went with it... guess you missed that one huh?

Here's a little definition for YOU! It comes from Merrium Webster, and it too is a quote: Main Entry: pla·gia·rize
    Pronunciation: 'plA-j&-"rIz also -jE-&-
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): -rized; -riz·ing
    Etymology: plagiary
    Date: 1716
    transitive senses : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
    intransitive senses : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
    - pla·gia·riz·er noun

[ April 03, 2002 at 07:44 PM: Message edited by: LA ]</p>
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Good Enough

08.17.07 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh... and here's the rest of your quote from the Knights of Columbus web page to fill out your initial post:

"Today the whole Church mourns the death of our Savior. This is traditionally a day of sadness, spent in fasting and prayer. The title for this day varies in different part of the world: "Holy Friday" for Latin nations, Slavs and Hungarians call it "Great Friday," in Germany it is "Friday of Mourning," and in Norway, it is "Long Friday." Some view the term "Good Friday" (used in English and Dutch) as a corruption of the term "God's Friday." This is another obligatory day of fasting and abstinence. In Ireland, they practice the "black fast," which is to consume nothing but black tea and water. "

Now, where was it that you said you got your facts from Fab?

Am I pissed? Not any more, NOW you can close it, seenbad. I've expressed my disgust/frustratin/irritation

[ April 03, 2002 at 07:42 PM: Message edited by: LA ]</p>
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

10.24.16 @ 05:11 PM
    Liked 249 Times in 90 Posts

*seenbad slides up to the corner....peeks around looking to make sure there are no hostiles (women of fury) .....sneaks into his back pack and carefully pulls out his "thread disabling device (aka TDD)" Slips the device into position.... runs away without looking back*

Mission complete. End report.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen