Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

To all my fellow linkers from the NJ/NY area you know what I'm talking about.

For everyone else let me explain. The Yankees now have their own TV network called YES (Yankees Entertainment & Sports) which will televise approx. 130-135 of the 162 game schedule. Cablevision is the "only" cable company which has not picked up YES. They want to charge $9.95 to all customers who want YES. While every other cable company has included YES in their basic package.

The Madison Square Garden Network (MSG) which use to carry Yankee games is owned by Cablevision. So I am sure that they are doing this in bad blood. BTW, I do not blame George Steinbrenner, this is Cablevisions fault. Mr. Steinbrenner is one smart businessman.

I'm seriously considering getting DIRECTV (which of course carries the YES network). It is cheaper and you get many more channels for your money.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

01.29.12 @ 02:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Preach it my brother.

Cablevision is an evil, evil company. I hope that yacht racing scumbag loses every single customer. He has the BALLS to say that he doesn't want to jack everyone's rate up by two buck's but has no problem RENTING out his shitty boxes and remotes(remotes I don't use) for three bucks a month. Fucker...hope you have a horrific, fiery boating accident.

Ya like the way he just put's the Mets on MSG? GOOD ONE, ass f.

THE METS ARE NOT THE YANKEES!!!!!!

GIVE US OUR GODDAMNED YANKEES!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

01.29.12 @ 02:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Oh yeah...don't get DIRECT TV.

Wait it out like me, then get yourself a box and STEAL your signal.

ALL the channel's for the cost of basic service....NICE.

After being ass raped by cable for so long, now this, I have NO PROBLEM stealing their shit....fuck em.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

from what i heard, Charles Dolan, who owns Cablevision, offered to buy the Yankees but Steinbrenner refused. so now Dolan's being a prick about carrying the Yankees channel...Charles Dolan's brother Larry owns the Indians, and part of the money used to secure Larry's purchase of the team was Cablevision stock, put in a family trust. thing is, MLB forbids ownership of two teams by one person/family/business, so Charles would have to get the Cablevision money out of the Indians, which would leave Larry stuck, since he didn't have the money to buy the team on his own in the first place...Larry Dolan is a lawyer and developer, he pretty much owns half of the town i live in, but he's not worth quite as much as his brother is. i'd bet the Indians are up for sale in ten years...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

JUMP, RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL&LOVE COMES WALKING IN
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i also dislike cablevision my brothers and sisters...testify... they took TNN off the lineup years ago so now i can not see baywatch, monster truck which i love and wwf raw is jericho. also they do not give us in philadelphia tv land but they do give us tons of pay per view channels and extra renting charges for remotes and boxes. the other thing is they swear that there signal is better than an old fashioned outdoor aerial. guess what i can get better picture with a rabbit ears or some tin foil and a coat hanger. cablevision sucks but as a society we are so hooked on our vh-1 for van halen videos and cable for sports that most people could not live without cable anymore!

"VIVA LA RASA" NWO WOLFPACK MEMBER KONAN

"CRISPY CRITTER" SAEN WHITMAN TALKING ABOUT KANE

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Adelphia sucks, too. Face it, they all do [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] . Unless you're cheaply connected to outer space or something........Yes, similar stuff happening here in Cleveland this year. Now, Fox Sports Net carries all but 3 or 4 games (which will be televised on our local Fox affiliate), so folks who don't have cable miss out
    bigtime.

Already last weekend, in the middle of a game already delayed by rain, the signal switched to Euro football - Berlin vs. Frankfort [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] . That game went into OT, then followed by switch to another Fox Sports affiliate, for Pac-10 baseball. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Who payed for Jacob's Field ? The smokers & drinkers, who are statistically gonna make up the maj. of folks who won't have cable. So even if ya got cable, shit happens. I've read about the Cablevision debacle with the Yankees with interest.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The YES network is now suing Cablevision. [img]smile.gif[/img] I will try to get a link.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sounds kind of like the issue with Time Warner Cable and UPN here in Cincinnati.

UPN (owned by Viacom) is a direct competitor to the WB (Owned by AOLTime Warner) for the number 4 spot in network television. In Cincinnati, the WB is on 64, a high power station, and UPN is on 25, a low power station. There is a little clause that states cable companies don't HAVE to carry low power local stations around here, which you better believe Time Warner (owned by AOL Time Warner) has used to the fullest. As such, most households around here couldn't get UPN.

After much ballyhoo and some possible Viacom lawsuit threats, Time Warner finally compromised and carries 25 from 8-11 pm on a channel that is normally infomercials only. Something tells me Cablevision will have to submit too, especially when the conflict of interest is brought up.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

JUMP, RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL&LOVE COMES WALKING IN
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

EVERYONE HATES THE EVIL CABLEVISION. THEY STOLE MY TNN FROM ME AND GAVE ME A RAP MUSIC VIDEO CHANNEL. OH THEY ALSO RAISED THE PRICE AND MADE THE PICTURE WORSE. IF I MAKE THE MISTAKE OF COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PICTURE QUALITY, THEY SEND A JABRONI OVER WHO FUCKS IT UP WORSE AND THEN IT AM SCREWED. IF IT WERE NOT FOR MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAMS BEING EXCLUSIVE ON CABLE I WOULD GET RID OF IT. I AM NOT AFRAID OF A WIRE HANGER. IN FACT FOR YEARS THAT WAS MY RECEPTION AND THEN I HOOKED UP TO A OUTDOOR ANTENNA WHICH IS TWENTY YEARS OLD AND STILL WORKING ON MY ROOF BROTHERS. I TIHNK CABLEVISION NEEDS TO BE DESTROYED. THEY ARE NOT AN ALL AMERICAN COMPANY THAT CARES ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS. THE CABLEVISION IN PHIALDELPHIA HAS SUCH DUMB EMPLOYEES THAT THEY EVEN CAN'T TALK ENGLISH PROPERLY WHEN YOU CALL THEM! SOMEDAY THE WORLDS NEEDS TO LAY THE SMACK DOWN ON THERE CANDY ASSES IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE HULKAMANIAC IS COOKING BROTHER!

"I'M COMING THROUGH YOUR TOWN IN MY PINK CADILLIAC" - HONKEY TONK MAN

"IT'S A GOOD THING" - NEW JERSEY'S OWN D.D.P.

"OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - JOEY STYLES

"YOU FUCKED UP" - ECW FAN CHANT IF A PERFORMER MISSES HIS OR HER SPOT OR LINE!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor