Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 1,342 Times in 920 Posts

From www.billboard.com:

Just when you thought Kiss couldn't possibly lend its likeness to a more outrageous merchandising scheme, the veteran hard rock act has one-upped itself by rolling out a line of caskets. In a statement posted on its official Web site, the group announced details of the Kiss Kaskets, which are "completely covered with a specially laminated photomural that features the Kiss logo and the images of the band members."

Aside from sending you off in the ultimate of heavy metal funerals, the contraption can also double as a beverage cooler, "enabling fans and their friends to enjoy ice-cold sodas and beer served directly from the ice-filled, completely waterproof" casket, the site boasts. According to bassist Gene Simmons, "This is the ultimate Kiss collectible. I love livin', but this makes the alternative look pretty damn good."

Kiss Kaskets will be available for sale through the Web site and via "local funeral homes." Among the gaggle of new Kiss products and services recently launched are Kiss Girl's Intimate Leather Apparel, Kiss Party Cruises, and Kiss Kola.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

"Sell me (make a few dollars)
    Sell me (in funeral parlors)..."

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Thats just plain dumb.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

That's so twisted... I'm LMAO, billy.

Talk about CHEESE.

Only KISS could see caskets as a viable means for promotion....

(I hope. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Laughing my fucking ass off about this. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It's on their website. Is this for real???

How fucking humiliating to be a KISS fan right now. You can get baby clothes and caskets at the KISS website. It's like a cradle to grave industry. Too bad they can't put out any decent music lately. Guess we know where their priorities are. If this is for real, this is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen anyone do for money.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    How fucking humiliating to be a KISS fan right now. You can get baby clothes and caskets at the KISS website. It's like a cradle to grave industry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMFAO!

I've got tears, man! [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

If I didn't already have a tag, this would be it.

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

That is SAD. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Down In Flames:
    If I didn't already have a tag, this would be it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn, that's close. I'll keep trying. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    http://www.kissonline.net/news/headl...ews_index.html

Just a bit down on the left side, there's a small picture that you can click on to see this casket. Un-fucking-believeable. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I had to refresh that link a couple times to get it to work.

[ June 12, 2001 at 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Glenn ]

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Oh man, what a piece of shit.

You wouldn't catch me dead in that thing. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I guess KISS have run out of ways to screw the living, it's time to start branching out. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

A part of me thinks this must be a joke, but there it is. This is absolutely, without question, the lowest thing I've ever seen any artist do in the name of money.

BTW, Billy007, this thread title is hilarious. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Down In Flames:
    You wouldn't catch me dead in that thing. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me either. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Some people or rock groups have no shame.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] the site that clicks ass [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

funny stuff!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

This is from a KISS website that's basically a KISS equivelant of the VHND. The first part refers to a Gene imposter who was on Stern a couple of weeks ago.

The real Gene and the fake Gene were on this morning (6/12). Here's a quick rundown on Gene: The Box Set is coming in November, no details. KISS Casket, yes a casket, runs from $4,500 to $5,000. A real life size coffin. He will be showing it off at a licensing expo here in NY tomorrow. It's not open to the public. And he plugged his book. Other than that, the same old, "who did you sleep with.." type interview.

Shit. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I had no idea it would cost me so much to spend eternity in style. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

From the Official KISS site.

Official "KISSŪ Kaskets" Let KISSŪ Fans Rock and Roll for Eternity

KISSŪ, the music industry’s all time merchandising and licensing leader with over HALF A BILLION DOLLARS in revenue and 2,500 LICENSED PRODUCTS AROUND THE WORLD, offer KISSŪ fans the ultimate and final KISSŪ collectible.

New York, NY, June 13, 2001 - KISSŪ and Signatures Network, Inc. today announced, June 12, that KISSŪ has entered into an agreement with WhiteLight to produce official "KISSŪ KASKETS".

The "KISSŪ Kasket" celebrates the legendary band, who HAVE SOLD OVER 80 MILLION ALBUMS, BROKEN EVERY BOX OFFICE RECORD WORLDWIDE AND STAND BEHIND THE BEATLES IN THE NUMBER OF GOLD RECORDS BY ANY GROUP IN HISTORY.

The "KISSŪ Kasket" is completely covered with a specially laminated photomural that features the KISSŪ logo and the images of the band members. The words "KISSŪ Forever" are imprinted on the side of the casket. In addition, "KISSŪ Kasket" can also be used as a Giant KISSŪ Cooler, enabling fans and their friends to enjoy ice-cold sodas and beer served directly from the ice-filled, completely waterproof "KISSŪ Kasket."

The "KISSŪ Kasket" will be available exclusively on the official KISSŪ website www.kissonline.com and through your local funeral homes

"This is the ultimate KISSŪ collectible, " said Gene Simmons. "I love livin’, but this makes the alternative look pretty damn good."

Signatures Network President and CEO Dell Furano said, "By virtue of their incredible success for almost 30 years, KISSŪ has established itself as THE quintessential Rock and Roll brand. KISSŪ represents the rebelliousness, outrageousness, authenticity and non-stop partying which are synonymous with "Rock and Roll."

"Signatures Network will continue to bring scores of new products and promotions to the marketplace highlighting the impact that KISSŪ has had on Rock and Roll and pop culture," Furano said.

KISSŪ and Signatures Network will continue to develop and distribute more outrageous and innovative KISSŪ products, including KISSŪ GIRL’s Intimate Leather Apparel, KISSŪ Kola, KISSŪ Virgin Red paint, KISSŪ Gaming Machines, KISSŪ Party Cruises, etc.

Signatures Network has enjoyed its successful relationship with KISSŪ since 1995, when it signed on to represent KISSŪ for their tour and retail licensing rights. Since then Signatures Network and KISSŪ has developed the most innovative music merchandising program ever. KISSŪ fans the world over can look forward to great KISSŪ products for years to come!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Kiss Sucks! I've always thought so, and now I think so even more! What low-lives.
    I am awesome