Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, this was bound to take place. Instead of blaming his own lack of self control and his own desire to eat unhealthy foods despite all the known health risks, this Fatty is instead blaming fast-food restaurants for his plight. Thus, he's decided to sue. WTF?!? After all the tobacco settlements that have taken place over the past few years, I KNEW this was going to happen eventually. This complete lack of personal responsibility by this guy and his attempt to profit from his own stupidity and poor judgement is enough to make me sick. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,58652,00.html

Ailing Man Sues Fast-Food Firms
    Wednesday, July 24, 2002
    By Michael Y. Park

NEW YORK — Want a class-action lawsuit with that burger?

A New York City lawyer has filed suit against the four big fast-food corporations, saying their fatty foods are responsible for his client’s obesity and related health problems.

Samuel Hirsch filed his lawsuit Wednesday at a New York state court in the Bronx, alleging that McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s and KFC Corporation are irresponsible and deceptive in the posting of their nutritional information, that they need to offer healthier options on their menus, and that they create a de facto addiction in their consumers, particularly the poor and children.

"You don't need nicotine or an illegal drug to create an addiction, you're creating a craving," Hirsch said. "I think we'll find that the fast-food industry has not been totally up front with the consumers."

The suit does not specify the amount of damages Hirsch and his client are seeking.

Industry officials lambasted the legal action.

"It's senseless, baseless and ridiculous," National Restaurant Association spokeswoman Katharine Kim said. "There are choices in restaurants and people can make these choices, and there's a little personal responsibility as well."

KFC spokeswoman Amy Sherwood said her company couldn't comment on the lawsuit because it hadn't yet been served, but dismissed the idea that the fried-chicken chain ought to be held responsible for anyone's health problems.

"Eating sensibly combined with exercise is the best solution for a healthy lifestyle," she said. "KFC offers a variety of menu offerings for those who want a more healthy choice."

Walter Olson, a Manhattan Institute fellow specializing in legal-system issues, called the suit a blatant attempt to cash in on the recent publicity over obesity and the tobacco settlements. He also said it disregarded the idea that people are responsible for their own actions.

"Most people are aware if eating double cheeseburgers, it's not the same as celery," he said. "We all have appetites, but people have no trouble walking down the street and buying a different kind of food. They’re not somehow forced to keep going back and keep supersizing. Overeating is a bad habit and is one of the pitfalls of human nature."

So far, there's only a single complainant named in the suit, but Hirsch said at least two other clients would be filing soon in what he aims to make into a class-action lawsuit. All were regular fast-food consumers who suffer from ailments ranging from obesity to diabetes.

The lead plaintiff, 56-year-old maintenance supervisor Caesar Barber, ate at fast-food restaurants four or five times a week and blames his fatty diet for his obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol and the two heart attacks he has suffered.

"I trace it all back to the high fat, grease and salt, all back to McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King – there was no fast food I didn't eat, and I ate it more often than not because I was single, it was quick and I’m not a very good cook," Barber said in an interview with Foxnews.com.

"It was a necessity, and I think it was killing me, my doctor said it was killing me, and I don't want to die."

Frances Winn, a 57-year-old retired nurse, said her habit of eating at fast-food restaurants at least twice a week since 1975, caused her to go from a size 6 to a size 18, and inflicted her with hypertension, high cholesterol and a hyperthyroid problem.

Israel Bradley, 59, said his ritual of eating a pound of french fries a week gave him high blood pressure, diabetes, made him obese and forces him to walk with a cane. In 1993, he passed out and had to be rushed to the emergency room because of the medical problems caused by his diet.

"I got addicted to it," he said.

Winn and Bradley would both file New York state suits soon, Hirsch said.

The aim of the legal action is to force the fast-food industry to "offer a larger variety to the consumers, including non-meat vegetarian, less grams of fat, and a reduction of size" of their meals, along with federal legislation that would require warning labels on fast food similar to those on tobacco products, Hirsch said.

"Hopefully it will change the eating habits of the American public," he said.

In December, then Surgeon General David Satcher declared obesity America's soon-to-be number one killer, and urged for there to be a healthier range of food available to consumers.
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That is just stupid, lets hope to god that he looses or there will be 100 other cases like it.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

What a crock...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i hate when that mofo Ronald McDonald holds a gun to my head and says "eat these three Big Macs, dirtbag..."
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

We're in a bad way if these fat bastards win.

"Get in ma' bally!!"
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Down In Flames:
    We're in a bad way if these fat bastards win.

"Get in ma' bally!!"
    HA! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

number one
    Favorite VH Song

atomic punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Delighted Romeo:

"Most people are aware if eating double cheeseburgers, it's not the same as celery," he said. "We all have appetites, but people have no trouble walking down the street and buying a different kind of food. They’re not somehow forced to keep going back and keep supersizing. Overeating is a bad habit and is one of the pitfalls of human nature."

Mikey: Fuck all you skinny motherfuckers! It's time for KFC, Wendys....all those fucks to pay for making me & my new woman Mona FAT!

Mona: Yeah!! and...

Mikey: ...yeah nothing. Get off the damn stage woman and let me jam with Hammy sum mo!...pass the egg mcmuffin!!!

just for shits and grins.....
    monkey see. monkey doo doo.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    This is so very sad !!

Where are those pics of Dave and Ed at Mc Donalds from the 70's ?

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I trace it all back to the high fat, grease and salt, all back to McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King there was no fast food I didn't eat, and I ate it more often than not because I was single, it was quick and Im not a very good cook," Barber said in an interview with Foxnews.com.

Check your grocery store--they put tossed salads in a bag, so all ya gotta do is add low-fat dressing, Porky! It's even quicker than McD's!

Israel Bradley, 59, said his ritual of eating a pound of french fries a week gave him high blood pressure, diabetes, made him obese and forces him to walk with a cane. In 1993, he passed out and had to be rushed to the emergency room because of the medical problems caused by his diet.

"I got addicted to it," he said.

Yeah, and I got addicted to breathing, and blinking my eyes--I can't stop!!

[ July 26, 2002, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: NE169 ]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You know who these people are? The stupid muthafuckaz that order a super-sized big mac meal with a diet coke These are just fat pieces of shit angry at the world. (lifts double whoopper) Here's to another heart attack fatty....
    I am awesome

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Isn't it great to see the courts tied up with crap like this? Where does individual responsibility figure into the equation? I hope this fucking thing gets thrown out.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

BELCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Mario VH:
    Isn't it great to see the courts tied up with crap like this? Where does individual responsibility figure into the equation? I hope this fucking thing gets thrown out.
    My thoughts exactly. I was definitely shocked to learn Tobacco Lawsuit Syndrome has begun to apply to fast food chains.

Then again, it's sad that I'm NOT surprised too much by this absolutely imbecilic lawsuit. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Based on this guy's lawsuit, every grandmother in America should be sued for the same thing.

I hope fat boy gets laughed out of court.

Of course, you KNEW this was coming, ever since the tobacco companies were held liable for people's smoking problems. It was only a matter of time.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was only a matter of time before the Health Nazis got around to this. Fuck them.

I am just about 100lbs over weight. This is because of a shitty diet and inconsistant exercise. I still hike 5 to seven mile a week though. I CHOOSE WHAT I EAT, WHEN TO EAT AND HOW FUCKING MUCH I EAT IN ONE MEAL!!! Not Mc Donalds, Burger King or Wendy's. I eat at these places because I like the food. It makes me happy, so what. The fast food places don't owe me shit. My doctors have told me since I was a little kid to eat better. I can take the time to make my own sandwiches before work and I can actually cook but with a fucked up work schedule it's just easier to hit a drive through on the way to work.

It's my problem alone.

Anybody who says that they didn't know that McDonalds or just fast food was unhealthy is a LIAR and a THIEF. it's hard enough being fat without a bunch of other fatassed muther fucker making me feel even more like a laughing stock.

I hope this fat fuck dies.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300