Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know I am. Lately, the major voters have been people 60+. People from 18-35 tend to look towards Third Parties. Maybe someday we'll have a serious Third Party with a good candidate to knock both the big parties on their asses. Anything could happen. Especially with future corporate heads and Hollywood moguls supporting third parties. What do you think?

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Again, I have to say that I am NOT going to get into this too much, but I will have to agree on this. I have always (since education) held political views that have supported third parties (libertarian particularly). I actually believe that Harry Brown is a pretty good candidate this year for the party. About Hollywood actors supporting candidates, I think its a complete fuckin joke. Most of them are completely ignorant to any in depth analysis on what it is exactly that the party they are supporting is bringing to the table for the long term. That is MOST, not all necessarily. I dont mind, as long as its somebody who is reasonably educated about what it is they are talking about, and they truly do believe in it based on their education of issues. Not just cuz there neihborhood is conservative or liberal and thats what they should do too. Ugh. I hate that mentality.

Anyhoo, "Nuke Gay Whales for Jesus and Peace out bro" Thats my statement. (Just kidding)

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think parties as they exist now are dinosaurs. If we can get away from soft money someday, the parties will start to fade. Communications are to the point where you don't have to vote the party anymore. You can look at each canidate as an individual.

Do I ever see us having a third party president the way things are now? Sure, but people would be voting for that individual, not the party who's name he takes.

I don't think young voters will stick with 3rd parties, and I'm not so sure they support them much more than the major parties. People's view tend to develope depending on what careers and lifestyles they assume.

There's a lot of angst, idealism, anger, and whatever other adjectives you can think of among young voters. I'm 24. I think I know who I am. Quite a few of my friends are still trying to figure that out. They tend to be the ones that support third parties.

Red-Balled Mammoth
    I'm not bashing you guys here, but I don't think we should complain about politicians. Why? I know I sound stupid right now. I myself hate most of these jackoffs, but we should leave them alone. Guess where these politicians come from. Same place we do. American homes, American schools, American churches, etc. I don't vote and don't plan on it. "Why?" you ask if I speak about not complaining about them. Well, that way I have the right to complain if they screw us up more. Most people like to turn that around by saying "if you don't vote you don't have the right to complain." That makes no sense. Like I said, they come from the same places we do. If they screw us, it's not just their fault. It's ours too. We voted them in, so we screwed ourselves. I don't vote, so I have the right to complain. I don't though. Like I said, let's leave them alone(even if they are stupid). Hey, just my thoughts. No offense to anyone here.

------------------
    "God bless ya southern California, you people are bad-asssss"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival.
    "No, that's not a microphone in my pants. I'm just happy to see ya, Californiaaaaaa!"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

quote:
    Originally posted by MikeL:
    I'm 24. I think I know who I am. Quite a few of my friends are still trying to figure that out. They tend to be the ones that support third parties.

I'm 28. I know exactly who I am. I will choose not to take that the way it sounded.

(I'm not getting into this....)

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

That's not what I meant, Seenbad. That's just amongst the few close friends of mine that are having some difficulties. A pretty small sample group, if there ever was one.

I'm not saying that people who favor third parties don't know who they are.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No offense Mike L, I respect "most" of your opinions, though I may not agree. But I'm 10 years older than you. Trust me. You'll "think you know who you are" a dozen times in that span. You'll be quite surprised at what life's lessons will have taught you.

That's why I don't think most old people are stupid anymore.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

No doubt about that, BAM. Nothing stays the same.

I haven't been very good about defining what I mean here. Disgruntled, disatisfied people who see their problems as someone elses fault are the ones I think are more likely to turn to third parties. Does that explain it a little better, or put my foot further down my throat?

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    I haven't been very good about defining what I mean here. Disgruntled, disatisfied people who see their problems as someone elses fault are the ones I think are more likely to turn to third parties. Does that explain it a little better, or put my foot further down my throat?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MikeL-no need to explain any further....I
    was with you and knew exactly what you meant.....and I've already said how old I am
    in previous threads

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

I'm more sick of Democrats than I am of Republicans, but I'm sick of both of 'em pretty much right now. Can't somebody just make a campaign ad that says "if you vote for me, this is what I'll do for you" instead of "if you vote for them, this is what they'll do to you"? And you see 'em, one right after another. "Congresswoman B spent 16 trillion taxpayer dollars for a statue of a caterpillar in the town square", then "What's more important, a new statue or Candidate C's plan to equip our students with modern weapons?" Just got back from a few days in the Detroit area, same thing up there. How do you know who to choose anymore?

------------------
    "I wanna live it up
    I'm gonna quit my job
    I'll tell the boss to..."

Eat Us And Smile!!!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did you know on America's Most Wanted
    that they have a plan to teach kids what to do in case of another "kid turned psycho"

billy007-were you serious???

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Not the part about the "equipping the kids with weapons", but I know one of the ads is complaining about one of the candidates who paid a good sum of taxpayer money to have a large, bronze (I think) frog erected at some park, and paid to have cable put in the jails and some other stuff, and I honestly forget what her defense is, but I think she's running against the guy who at one point she had quotes taken from the Sentinel saying "I'm Pro Gun" because he opposed the Brady Bill and locks and waiting periods and stuff. Another guy's running against the guy who's currently the insurance commissioner - I think they're running for senate, but he says that rates went up and the guy who's commissioner says they didn't and ugh - in '72 I was excited because election day was on my birthday - this time it means my present will be NO MORE ADS!

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Totally understood Mike!

Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[This message has been edited by 1984 (edited October 27, 2000 at 08:21 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

LOL!!!

1984 strikes again.

------------------
    Right Now, it's safe to add one (1) to my post count.
    Right Now, strange is beautiful.
    Right Now, I'm a Dirty Faced Kid.
    Right Now, teenybopper trash doesn't stand a chance.
    Right Now, MTV has no idea what happens when rabid Van Halen fans have their favorite band insulted.
    Soon Enough, they'll learn the hard way.