Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

Wow, hard to believe that I have now been frequenting this site for two years! Doesn't seem that long in some ways. It all started out so innocently - just hearing murmurs about Dave possibly joining Van Halen yet again, and was out scouting for info. Think I went to the Van Halen News Desk and amongst their links saw a link to here. Came here, saw the forums, and I think it all started with thinking "maybe one of these people knows where I can find the setlist for the Van Halen concert I went to way back when", so I signed up and posted. It's been all downhill from there...

I remember rumours, lots of rumours - people like eddymon to deliver the rumours, people like sherman (and his free CDs - got yours?) to shoot 'em down. There was also a lot of talk about a "D-Man", but I don't recall seeing posts from him. There was this guy, Eddie_Italian - had a whole thread dedicated to him, lots of pages. Just a funny guy from Italy we don't see enough of in these parts anymore. There was Eat Us And Smile - the hardcore Dave fans - and Up Front Fanatics - those who preferred Sammy. Sometimes there'd be drive-by postings in each others' threads. I remember when the UFF thread was approaching 1000 and a couple of the EUAS gang came in and started pasting excerpts from a little thing I'd done over at the Army to get the thread to 1000 and steal the 1000th post, and all the existant hoopla that came when the posts were first made and then deleted. All of this was in response to a UFFer crashing the 1000th post on the EUAS thread, which was probably retaliation for something before and so on and so on. I remember when M(remember when it used to stand for "Music")-TV was having some awards show, and they had a clip on there with "artists no longer with us" and they included Van Halen - such an uproar - how could they? But I fear if they did that today, probably wouldn't be too many people objecting. It's taken less than two years for all the optimism this place used to hold to turn into a funeral dirge for one of our favourite bands. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Lessee, there was every move Dave made pointing to a sure fire Van Halen reunion, there was the Sam fans insisting he was the one, even though Sam always made a point of saying "no way" whenever he was inevitably asked (and as the most active former member of the band all this time, he's been asked a lot). There was the excitement over the release of the remasters, but the disappointment over their lack of bonus tracks (well, from some...) There was Ed's cancer and Ed's golf shenanigans and Mike's cryptic statements and subsequent "birding". A lot of Gary bashing when I first got here - glad that's pretty much gone. Not a big Extreme fan, but hate to see the guy get dragged around like he has. Speaking of Van Halen 3, did Ed6150 ever tell any of you how much he really hates that album? Then there was the grande opening of the Pleasure Dome - an instant burst of familiarity that soon dissipated into utter chaos and rancor. And speaking of cryptic, could anyone be more cryptic than the Bradman? Every word, every statement by anyone associated with the band was pulled apart and studied and analyzed, audio was broken down to determine it's authenticity - all in the sake of finding out what was going on with Van Halen. Even splash screens and audio clips had to be clues. And although we've gotten little bits here and there - do we really know more than we did two years ago? I know I'm certainly no closer to knowing what the inside of 5150 looks like than I was two years ago. Dave toured, playing old Van Halen songs, broke ties with TK and put up a larger than your monitor website that would eventually feature clips from a new DVD supposedly on the horizon. Remember the beach sand, brought to Dave's place for Memorial Day a few years ago? Before I ever came here I read a fictional account somewhere out there in internet land about a group called "Red Diamond", which was a union of Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth - unthinkable in most people's minds, but yet earlier this week, there they were, smiling and shaking hands, getting ready to tour together! Unbelievable! Anyway, this is all rambling and disjointed as two years of memories come crashing in from the corners of my brain. I wish I could list all the people that have made this website an enjoyable experience, but that'd take all day and I'd end up leaving someone off anyway. But Brett, and the mod squad - a thanks for keeping this place running smooth and clean. Everyone else, thanks for doing what you do - especially those of you that write thoughtful posts whether they be on Van Halen or not, or those of you that possess the ability to make me laugh, or at least smile [img]smile.gif[/img] Hey, before I came here, I had no idea what a smilie was or LMAO or LOL or any of that other jargon that gets used (haven't seen "my bad" in a while - is that one dead?) I gotta admit, with all the time I spend on here sometimes I feel I should just walk away - get a life, so to speak! But I can't - this is like my third family. I feel a part of something wonderful here. And besides, the day after I leave that's when Van Halen comes out and announces the reunion and I'd miss the news!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow..2 years 2 months and 3 days....what have I learned? Nothing, I just keep getting dumber [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

If I keep goin at this rate I'll be as dumb as FORD in 5 or 10 years
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by billy007:
    [QB] this is like my third family. I feel a part of something wonderful here. QB]
    Isn't that the truth? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Congrats on two years, billy [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

And here my 2 year went by without me even noticing it. Time keeps on slipping...

Man, I remember the buzz around here on 5/15/00, everyone thinking "5150" might be the date we hear something. I think I posted something like close to 100 times that day .

I also remember the brief mod vs mod fallout over the EUAS/UFF raid where I was trying to moderate my own forum and told the other guy to "police his own backyard" which pretty much got taken totally the wrong way - no hard feelings all this time later, I hope .

The words, "Drunk edit," seemed to pop up every post as someone (not naming any names) backpeddled constantly.

And yes, FORD is still as close-minded as he was back then. Guess some things never change

Of course, I have to tip my hat to hain. We've gone around in circles before, but somehow we've always kept it from getting personal. Here's a "WTF are you thinking? Dave's never coming back to Van Halen!" for old time's sake [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Happy 2 year, billy007!
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

congrats man.
    good post too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ah, the memories.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Congrats on two years billy! What a read...heh, I almost forgot about half that stuff!
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Closed minded? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Congratulations Billy. You probably don't know me since I don't post here much, but I thought I'd send along some well wishes anyway!

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Congrats billy! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 11:02 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Cool ramble Billy, rock on my man [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.20.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 112 Times in 74 Posts

Donor

Good post Billy! I can't believe its been 2 years?! Time goes by too fast! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Congrats Billy! Glad to have you aboard.

Oh yeah...watch out for this "newbie" named Glenn.

He's been nothing but trouble for quite sometime.

Us mods are planning on a real special something for him! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Nice post, bro! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by Glenn:
    Congratulations Billy. You probably don't know me since I don't post here much, but I thought I'd send along some well wishes anyway!
    *LOL*

Congrats on the big two, billy!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

That was such a fucking cool post.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I just look at this post and think...I've been here over two years. two years! I started right a couple months after Gary left the band and just wanted to know what was going on with the band. and look what happened. almost 1000 posts later.
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters