Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

I've had a hotmail account now for over 3 years. Today I received an email warning me about storage space and logging in at least once a month. WTF is going on? The entire thing is a ploy for me to give Micro$oft more money. This is getting annoying. Money, money, money is all that M$ is after.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah I have it. I don't think I got that email, just a meter at the top of my home page telling me how much of my "storage" I am using.

Fucking MSN...

Test5150
    Yeah, I got that email too (actually, I get it about once a month). As long as you log in once in a while and delete old stuff so the mailbox doesn't get full, you're fine. They just want money.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, nothing fancy. they're just money mongering whores. what a surprise. but yeah, as long as you log in once a month or something, you're fine.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

I'm sure someone out there is going to post a Pro-Micro$oft statement saying that, it's free, and they need to pay for it, so you must pay to keep it.

Well, I'm not paying for anything that plasters me with ads each time I log in. That's why I don't have AOL. I pity the fool who still uses AOL. Have to pay $25 (or however much) a month to get bombarded with ads each time you sign on.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, Xman, here it is!

Let me get this straight. You guys are upset that your free email account (which uses someone else’s servers, drive space, bandwidth, security, maintenance, etc.) has now put a reasonable limit to the space you can use for free, and even offers you reasonable prices in case you are a power user, and they have the gall to warn you when you are neglecting your free account?

What is this world coming to? You have choices, get off your collective asses and make some!

I am not pro nor con Microsoft, but I am aware that their actions are often bashed for using capitalism, our country’s basis of existence, as a formula for success, and I am tired of hearing it. Hating a company because they are successful is similar to hating a country because they are successful. Why does success breed such hatred?

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i got that same email from Hotmail a couple months ago...i clean it out every couple weeks, no problem. just use it as a backup...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I've had a Hotmail address for quite a while but it's not my primary address. I log in once a day just to delete the 30 or so junk messages I get.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i have it:
    Van_Halen1984@hotmail.com

and i have another (JJW991@hotmail.com), but all i get is junk mail, one time i didnt check it for maybe a week and got 200 emails... I blocked it all.

[ May 01, 2002 at 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]</p>
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Hotmail is evil. Simple as that. I only use it so I have an MSN Messenger logon, that's it.

When they sold my PRIVATE Hotmail address to InfoSpace, when I specifically turned off my listing in the member directory, that REALLY set me off.
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

Originally posted by tripoutski:
    Well, Xman, here it is!

Let me get this straight. You guys are upset that your free email account (which uses someone else’s servers, drive space, bandwidth, security, maintenance, etc.) has now put a reasonable limit to the space you can use for free, and even offers you reasonable prices in case you are a power user, and they have the gall to warn you when you are neglecting your free account?

What is this world coming to? You have choices, get off your collective asses and make some!

I am not pro nor con Microsoft, but I am aware that their actions are often bashed for using capitalism, our country’s basis of existence, as a formula for success, and I am tired of hearing it. Hating a company because they are successful is similar to hating a country because they are successful. Why does success breed such hatred?
    Good point. I have a rebuttal, but I like you guys too much to argue over it. I just want to vent a bit.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I have it, all I usually get is junk mail. It's annoying. I wish they allowed you to block more senders

[ May 01, 2002 at 06:12 PM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]</p>
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have it and really only use it for "business."

I don't mind the log in or space limit policy, I just hate that I get 30+ spam messages a day, and whatever their limit is, two weeks is enought to put me over the top of it. And that's even WITH the junk mail filter and 250 blocked addresses in place.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've got it too. Didn't get hammered with junk emails until just recently though. Now I get something like 30 or 40 a day... AND i've used up all my blocking space too.
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The best thing to do is put all the email addresses you know in the address book and then put junk mail security on high and tell it to automatically delete anything that goes to junkmail. I have done that and I have no problem with 2MG of space. The only problem will be if someone in my address book changes their address and doesn't tell me till afterwards. Their mail won't get through then, but that hasn't happened yet.