Thread: Shooting at LAX

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 AM
    Liked 11,544 Times in 4,918 Posts

Just turned on the news here and apparently there was a shooting at LAX Int'l Airport at the El Al counter this morning. They don't have all the details yet, but 2 people are dead for sure and a bunch of other people got stabbed or something. Who knows what the hell this is, but the whole airport is shut down now.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Figured shit like this would be going down this week. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Glad Fab and I postponed any trip plans.
    Keep us posted, Brett.

Test5150
    There's still a suspect at large. He's described as Armenian, 6' tall, 200 lbs.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by Chelle:
    There's still a suspect at large. He's described as Armenian, 6' tall, 200 lbs.
    one station just reported a 2nd suspect was just arrested

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any word on how long the airport will be shut down? I'm supposed to drive up to L.A. tomorrow morning to pick up a friend from Japan.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Test5150
    Vince, as far as I know it was just that one part of the airport that was temporarily evacuated. Everything should be open now.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Although the FBI, the Justice Department, and the mainstream media have not seemed to mention this, I will...

The current mindset is that this attack was not terrorism. That is incorrect. The shooter, it turns out, has direct ties to Al Qaeda. Back in 1995 or '96, when Dr. Zawahiri (Osama bin Laden's second in command) came here to tour the mosques to raise funds for the terrorist network, the LAX shooter (whose name I cannot recall) assisted him. The FBI is well aware of their meeting(s), but will not release this information to the public as of now.

He was a member of the Egyptian Islama Jihad (or whatever the hell they call it), which is one of many Al Qaeda branches in the world. He applied for permanent residency and was denied on at least one occasion; deportation procedures were begun but, as in THOUSANDS of cases, were not completed. The reason he was allowed to stay in this country is that his wife had won the (and I cannot BELIEVE that this system exists) 'Lucky Arab Green Card Lottery', which is a random selection of a certain number of people from the Middle East to be granted a stay in America, even though they didn't/wouldn't/couldn't get through the usual channels. This system is in place to 'balance out the makeup of our immigrant population'. As you can see, this isn't a very safe thing to do.

Anyway, to recap, the guy WAS a terrorist, and all the hogwash you keep hearing about him killing due to marital problems is bullshit. I'm guessing that the reason the FBI/Justice Department won't admit it is to show the world that we were free from terrorism on our Independence Day.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Test5150
    Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    'Lucky Arab Green Card Lottery', which is a random selection of a certain number of people from the Middle East to be granted a stay in America, even though they didn't/wouldn't/couldn't get through the usual channels. This system is in place to 'balance out the makeup of our immigrant population'. As you can see, this isn't a very safe thing to do.
    That has GOT to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Balance out the makeup of our immigrant population??? What....we didn't have enough terrorists??? FUCK!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fuck!

Brett, you need to put the date "7/4/02" on the topic title. With this thread getting bumped after six days of no posts, I thought there had been another shooting at LAX today! [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Chelle:
    That has GOT to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Balance out the makeup of our immigrant population??? What....we didn't have enough terrorists??? FUCK!
    That whole concept was the brainchild of Senator Kennedy, which is no surprise. However, the surprising part is that George H.W. Bush is the one that signed the damn thing. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

I haven't gotten around to figuring out when he signed it. It may have simply been a little "buttering-up" of Iraq's neighbors in the hopes that they would allow us to use their lands as bases for the Gulf War operations. If not, then I don't know what the hell he was thinking. Regardless, his backing of that plan has led to two innocent Americans being killed already, that we know of. This is one thing that really ought to be taken off the books ASAP. I don't know if it will, since the FBI, Justice Dept., and INS aren't willing to disclose the information (that I posted earlier) to the public.

&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;& #0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&# 0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0 124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#01 24;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#012 4;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124 ;&#0124;

There IS a positive angle to this whole story, though. Al Qaeda, as a means of secrecy and protection, has itself up in a certain fashion-&gt;the anonymous operatives who inhabit "enemy" countries (such as the USA) do not communicate with each other. By not communicating amongst themselves, they are much harder to track down. Instead, they go through the motions of an ordinary life until they are called upon by the heads of command (bin Laden, Dr. Zawahiri, etc), who give them specific (but very narrow) details about a given mission. They are told where to go, what to have in their possession, and what to do when they get there, but they are not told what their fellow terrorists' instructions are. Kinda like telling an offensive tackle to block a certain man in a certain direction, but not telling him what his ten teammates will be doing.

Why is this potentially a good thing? Well, if the LAX shooter had been given explicit instructions from his superiors, it is quite likely that there would have been more perpetrators involved, and that the operation would have been much more severe. However, in this case he basically acted alone, which indicates that the structure of his network has crumbled. From what I understand, these 'invisible' terrorists are told to come here and await further instructions from the Big Giant Head; otherwise, they lay low, and only terrorize if they see an opportunity 'worth taking'.

Hopefully, this means that the Al Qaeda network has been greatly disrupted, and that the ongoing efforts in the war on terror are not a waste.

While it may have been a 'random' act, it was a terroristic act nonetheless.

As for your last question, Chelle, the answer depends upon whom you ask. The deranged wacko Islamic fundamentalists of the world seem to be of the belief that there is no such thing as 'enough terrorists'.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.