Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What can I say? I'm a sucker for zombie-flicks and somewhat enjoyed this one. If you've ever played the games, this movie's for you. For a video-game adaption, it was better than, say, Tomb Raider. It was pretty faithful to the "plots" of the RE series and even the action-sequences seemed lifted from the games. There's lots of cliches, tons of thumping industrial/techno hybrid music, and lots of Milla Jovovitch(good selling point for me). The gore factor is actually pretty low, since alot of the violence is in "cut-away" format. This is a good, mindless action-flick if you're bored. (i.e., it makes for a good "rental" when it comes to video). The best part of the movie was the closing shot(it leads into the obligatory "leave-the-door-open-for-a-sequel"),but it made you feel like you missed the best part of the movie.
    By the way, I saw trailers for some atrocious movies that are coming out: Scooby Doo looks to be the worst live-action rendition of a cartoon ever made, Vin Diesels's xXx looks pretty-bad in itself (I like Vin Diesel though-he needs to fire his agent), and Jason X was laughable. It's Jason on a space-ship (in the future) and he turns into some awful cyborg. Why don't they hurry up and kill two birds with one stone by making the long-in-the-making Freddy Vs. Jason ? I've heard that they've been waiting for "the right script". (Insert your own punchline).
    Blade II, on the other hand, looks promising. I plan on seeing it next week!

[ March 17, 2002 at 01:39 PM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I actually saw it on Friday sort of by default. We had originally planned on seeing Ice Age but the lineup was so damn long we decided instead to exchange our tickets and see Resident Evil. I thought it was a pretty cool flick, a lot of action and waiting to see what happens next. The end definately leaves it open for a possible sequel but I'm thinking even Milla would be up shit creek with that ending.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think calling it "rental" material seemed too harsh. It's still pretty cool! ($20 Million opening weekend's not too shabby!)
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.